5.0 out of 5 stars Always a Superb album
Great album especially the track child inside , another album showing their excellence in freshness to each album , may they go on forever
Published 15 months ago by Daleboy

2.0 out of 5 stars Heaven or not as the case maybe
I like a lot of DM fans have been devoted for many years, since NEW LIFE in my case. And sadly the output gradually slips and slips, until this single (really a single?) finally plops out. As with every new album from DM, I have waited with real anticipation, only to be in later years feel let down. I won't give up, and I still hope Delta machine will be fantastic...
Published 16 months ago by Mr. M. Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars The godfathers of electro pop back on form!!!, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Audio CD)
Depeche Mode back with an classic martin gore lyrics, fresh and enchanting!!!!! This song is up there with the likes of enjoy the silence, I feel you!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Audio CD)
waited 4 years for the Depeche to return and they so didn't upset the expectations. Made me more than ever look forward to May!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow burning brilliance, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Audio CD)
Depeche Mode show they have still got it with this slow burner. Dave Gahan is sublime on vocals. Not a representation of the Album Delta Machine which is far harder and much more base led. Too bad they are frowned upon so much in the UK but at least it always means real fans can get tickets for their gigs!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well I like it., 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Audio CD)
Semi-fan since 84. Proper fan since 87. For the 80's fans. You can't live off 'Just can't get enough' type singles for ever. If they stuck with early output and not progressed they would have finished I'm sure long ago. Embrace their development.

The Owlie remix is bang on. The original is a quality song. Great vocals and mix of conventional guitar and electronics.

2.0 out of 5 stars Heaven or not as the case maybe, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Audio CD)

But like others have said this really would not of made a B side from anything pre 95. Infact the B side although simple is a better tune.

In the end I will always buy the DM material, and will always defend them till the death down my local, but come on lads give me some ammo!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Audio CD)
Expect a lot more from my favourite group of all time.
They miss Alan Wilder badly.
I've been with Depeche from the beginning & will be till the end :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Explaining the unexplainable, 20 Mar 2013
Darren Murphy (Sunderland, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven (Audio CD)
I write this as a fan since 1983 and a lover of electronic music. The main version is a plodding beat that is redeemed by Gahan's strong vocal. There is no chorus and the electronics are subdued; which in my view is a bad thing. The lyrics seem to be about slipping into a meditative or mystical state, a great experience but not something that can be conveyed via a song. 6 out of 10.

Owlle Remix
This version has clearer electronics and it reminds me a lot of Electribe 101's "Talking with myself". It is enhanced by Gore's lyrics floating in and out of the background in Summeresque way. 6 out of 10.

steps to heaven rmx
The plodding beat is made even more ponderous, the mix judders and spits and spurts frustatingly. Elements of Knife here. 4 out of 10.

Blawan Remix
The overiding drum beat of the mix sounds like the Tsangarides mix of Never Let Me Down. Just plods along with nothing interested added. 4 out of 10.

Mathew Dear vs Audion Remix
This one has more of a chilled beat that is reminiscent of the Beloved and the Orb. The added electronics are significant with drones and distortion highlighted or added. 7 out of 10.

Overall disappointing in comparison to pre Songs of Faith and Devotion output. In fact I doubt it would make a B-side in that era. However, better than most of the stuff in the charts. Worth a buy for fan.

Heaven
Heaven by Depeche Mode (Audio CD - 2013)