on 6 September 2015
A very good book brings back memories so true of the live for now attitude that we had then , we moved from one flat to another and from job to job so care free that's what young people did . This book has captured the feeling of the sixties so well l felt young again just reading it.
on 30 October 2013
Really good book,gives you an insight into what life was like back then. I am not that old but I had an older sisiter,so I remember some of the things from her. I rememeber the latter part of the sixties and onwards. Itis a great book for bringing back the memories. Worth reading.
on 15 May 2013
I love reading anything that brings back memories of my childhood and this ticked all the boxes. Although I didn't live in London I could still relate to most of the authors experiences, loved it.
on 7 April 2013
Having been born in the early 50's I found this book extremely interesting.
A real trip down memory lane. Thanks
on 7 April 2014
This is a good follow up story to previous book. But a bit like the first it stops dead so no doubt a third book is on the horizon. It's ok an easy read probably good for a holiday read.
on 2 November 2014
A bit boring I was really looking forward to reading this but very disappointing wanted more on music clothes etc it was mostly about the authors sex lice and how bored she was at work
on 28 April 2013
I grew up in the sixties and thought this book would jolt memories, sadly it failed!!!
I would not recommend this book to any of my friends !!!
struggled to finish it ...
on 16 February 2014
I bought this as I had enjoyed the previous story of the post war childhood - the sequel was interesting but personally I did not find it as gripping as the first novel
on 18 August 2013
Jacky Hyams and I are a similar age so I recognized a lot of situations. An interesting account of her early life but not memorable - I won't bother to read it again.
on 22 April 2013
I enjoyed the book as I was growing up in the 60s although I was a bit young to be doing the things she was doing.Nevertheless I remember it being a very free time.