5.0 out of 5 stars Very good
Great product, almost perfect for my needs. It could have more battery but with a i7 it's understandable and I prefer the power that allow's me to install almost any application I need.
Published 9 months ago by Filipe

2.0 out of 5 stars Dual screen - fails the test
Published 20 months ago by JTP

2.0 out of 5 stars Dual screen - fails the test, 31 July 2013
This review is from: ASUS TaiChi 11.6-inch Convertible Touchscreen Laptop/Tablet - Silver/Black (Intel Core i7 3517U 1.9GHz, 4GB RAM, 256GB SSD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
Quality of build, display and performance as a simple laptop is excellent but when it comes to the USP that is the dual 'ipad style' screen it fails. I bought the machine back in February and the 'outer' screen has cracked twice (and having cracked once I have been extremely careful in handling it.....) Cost to repair was £800 (versus iPad screen c. £160 - what are Asus on!) which Asus waived after I not surprisingly baulked at this. Speaking to the repair center I got the impression that there had been a number of other customers with similar problems. Notwithstanding that the machine came back quickly but the replacement touch screen doesn't work. Spoke with Asus technical support who escalated it internally but 5 days later and 3 chasing phone calls no response.

On the few occasions I have used the dual display to review excel documents I ran into problems within a few minutes with additional programs opening unilaterally and the mouse randomly moving round the screen - I quickly reverted to the main screen which was totally self-defeating. In summary the Taichi is simply not up to the job which is a real shame because as an ultrabook with one screen it would be great but then again it wouldn't cost £1,500.

1.0 out of 5 stars in top 5 worst companies I have ever dealt with, 16 Oct. 2013
This is my first Amazon review despite buying for years. there is another review on this page that talks about the screen cracking and Asus wanting £800 to fix. Same problem for me- laptop 2 months old and screen cracked for no reason. contacted support and it was crystal clear from the start that the only thing they were interested in was proving it was not a warranty job- no interest at all in helping the customer. After 4 months of sheer hell I got it repaired but only after threatening legal action (which I was so incensed with rage I was prepared to do). I can honestly say this is a horrible company and I will never buy one of their products ever again. Please heed this if you want your blood pressure and stress levels to stay in the normal zone.

Regarding the unit itself, I was very excited about it and waited through all the delays from November last year to finally get my hands on it. I thought it was the cleverest thing on the market and it is OK (apart from the screen cracking) but its not great. there are a myriad of issues with it- particularly with docking stations and trying to connect to external monitors to give presentations (still haven't managed to get it to do that). the second screen seems to confuse everything and itself and it gets confused sometimes when switching between screens. I have the unit back from repair but not using it anymore- its just sitting around as its just not wroth the bother trying to work around all the little bugs.

don't let me put you off though! l0l

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 23 Jun. 2014
The start up is incredible quick, even from a restart of windows, less than 10s. From suspension is almost instantaneous. The double screen is great to use in meetings, and power point automatically shows the presentation in the outre screen and the annotated version on the inside. To browse or check emails the win8 apps are great, using the tablet mode.
The pen is also great to use in presentations, allowing to annotate live on the screen, and works very good in photoshop.
It's a top product, perfect for business work and leisure. The quality is also top, and even the cover is nice.