5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little laptop
I bought this for my daughters birthday and it is brilliant.

Has that "MacBook Air" kind of feeling to it (obviously not quite a slim and light but still)
It works really well and is very fast. Battery life is good (3+ hours) and I have absolutely no complaints with it.

The touchscreen is responsive and nice to use, graphics are good,...
Published 18 months ago by Ben

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy if you need to use for work and have to use MS Office
I have owned this notebook for just over a year after taking notice of the good reviews. From the start I had problems and Asus tech support repeatedly told me to default to factory settings over and over. Until eventually it wouldnt charge and I had to send it for repair and Asus wipped all my software. I then tried to reload the wiped software but Microsoft said someone...
Published 6 months ago by Superneedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little laptop, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: ASUS VivoBook S200E-CT216H 11.6-inch LED Notebook (Intel Core i3-2365M 1.40GHz Processor,4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, Touchscreen, HD 3000, USB 3.0, HDMI, HD Web Camera, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
I bought this for my daughters birthday and it is brilliant.

The touchscreen is responsive and nice to use, graphics are good, sensible number of USB ports (including USB 3)
Windows 8 takes a bit of getting used to but she has not had any problems and thinks it is brilliant.

I would happily recommend this laptop to anyone looking for a laptop to surf the web, write documents, twitter, facebook etc from.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks to them i can now enjoy my laptopp again, 19 July 2014
I bought this item about 8months ago , it was a lovely, portable, sleek device, fits into my handbag so i don't need extra laptop bag. When i travelled to the US it appeared the voltage there affected and it started malfunctioning. It cannot work when it is plugged to the charger (power), The cursor or mouse keeps jumping on the screen when i attempt to use it if its plugged to power, battery didnt last more that an hour half or 2hours max and the adapter/plug does have partial contact.

I contacted the Asus repair unit in the UK, they came to pick up the system and less than 3days it was brought back to me, reapired, cleaned up, and battery and adapter plug were replaced. Thanks to them i can now enjoy my laptopp again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value., 17 April 2013
the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
SLEEK
=====
Intel's Ultrabook range have tended to be sleek, slim but never cheap. Asus has attempted to provide a light laptop that is both reasonably priced and nice looking. It's a commendable aim.

This Asus Asus VivoBook S200E 11.6-inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (Intel Pentium Dual Core 987 1.5 GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit) is a little thicker than I had anticipated. 22mm thick. Not that huge but not macbook air thin.

It looks nice though and feels very solid. Well built for a laptop at this price.

COMPETITION
===========
For half the price of a macbook air Apple 13-inch MacBook Air (Intel Dual Core i5 1.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Memory, HD Graphics 4000, OS X Lion) this laptop must be taking some shortcuts or Apple may be overpricing their machines?

LOOK AND FEEL
=============
It has a brushed aluminium interior whilst the exterior has a dark plastic and rubber underneath. The keyboard feels top-end, as does the track-pad.

SPEC
====
Not that amazing. It has a Pentium processor so browsing and Word works really well but some of the latest apps were a little sluggish. Only a little. Having used an Air before, I would say they are broadly comparable.

TOUCHSCREEN
===========
At first a little weird. After a bit though, it was rather nice flicking through some things using your fingers: pictures, resizing stuff etc.

BATTERY
=======
I got about 4 hours of use. Not dreadful. But not superb.

CONCLUSION
==========
The Asus is small but heavy. Has some top end feel to it-but not quite. But you're not paying a top-end price.
Overall I think it's superb for the price. Looks good. Feels good and is responsive.
Value wise I can only recommend it. Would I pay double for the macbook air? No overall I think this is much better value.

Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it (not at the beginnig), 23 Oct. 2013
At the beginning everything was problematic. WiFi dropped, smart gesture did not work consistently, problems with downloading from windows store, even problems with playing flash videos (after I updated to the latest flash player).

Some of these I fixed myself, others fixed by themselves...bottom line after a few days everything works as supposed to and I am really happy with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very portable laptop, 14 Oct. 2013
I needed a workaday lightweight portable laptop and this certainly fits the bill. It was very quick to set up and I have had no problems with it over the six weeks of using it. Windows 8 took a little getting used to but otherwise all OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 6 Oct. 2013
Even though i've read reviews abou the weight.... for me compared to my old laptop. im very please with this! the buttons are big and perfectly spaced so it is perfect for quick typing. The screen is brilliant size, i was looking into a smaller size laptop for photography travelling. colours of the screen is great. this medium size laptop is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive machine, 9 May 2013
This machine IS impressive!
The size is perfect for a portable machine - big enough to work on comfortably but easy to carry. The keyboard has a good feel. The touchscreen is responsive and the resolution and general appearance is good. The "instant wake-up" feature works very well, it is fast both on the internet and with disk access and processing (the Asus was for my daughter: I use a MacBook Air with solid state disk and i5 processor and the Asus doesn't feel slow in comparison). The computer is a bit heavier than I expected but not so much so that it is a problem, rather it is reassuringly solid - a bit heavier than my Mac for example. It arrived very well packaged in an appropriately sized box. It went down very well with my teenage daughter. It is well priced.
Negative points? The screen display is perhaps not as vibrant as some non touch screens, but that isn't to say it is bad, just that there's a slightly bluish hue and it lacks that edge of brightness. I'm not sure that the battery life is very long - seems to be about 4 hours now and I'm expecting that to fall. And I'm not enamoured by Windows 8, though its a whole lot better with a touch screen than without!
I have not attempted to use demanding programmes or games so I cannot comment on how it would handle those, except to say that its performance on run-of-the-mill applications is very good.
Overall verdict? - at the price it is a bargain and I am not at all disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent and am beginning to hand on windows 8, 2 Aug. 2013
Good size and relatively light. Good screen, keyboard and fast enough for my needs. Power unit pleasantly light and relatively small.. Good looking. Delivery from Amazon very quick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 16 Nov. 2013
We used this product as part of a research project to place with volunteers. The product is light weight, boots quickly and well made. The touch screen works really we.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid hardware, huge value for money., 18 Aug. 2014
B. MCDONALD - See all my reviews
By the time I leave this review there may not be any left to sell, but anyways... this is a solid purchase. The hardware and chassis are extremely solid, most solid I can remember from about 12 laptops owned since 1993. The few things that could be improved are battery life (though very rarely away from an electrical outlet), the mouse pad can tend to be a bit sensitive when you least want it to be, and no Bluetooth.

For the price, I would buy this all over again, no question.

Despite dreading and delaying the inevitable, I was impressed with Windows 8.x, And how easy it is to use. Hit up Google for Windows 8 tips, tricks, beginners guides... easy to pick up the essentials.