5.0 out of 5 stars Shoes for comfort
Published 19 months ago by Anon

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but not hard wearing
Published 7 months ago by Nicky Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoes for comfort, 20 Jun. 2013
These were bought for my father to replace a pair of Karrimor boots he has almost worn out. Prior to being introduced to "trainer-type" footwear, he had always worn "sensible" shoes but had started to complain about sore calves. The Karrimors solved the problem and were so comfortable he has rarely worn any other outdoor footwear since. Unfortunately, the design was no longer available as a replacement, so I bought the Bodmin Low Iii shoe instead. He has found these equally comfortable and is thrilled at how light they are. The size is spot on with the size he always wears and the width is not tight.

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but not hard wearing, 7 Jun. 2014
Nicky Young (UK) - See all my reviews
I had never bought this brand before, I had typically used Hi-Tec and North Face. After issues with one I thought I would try a different brand and based on the other reviews saying these were long lasting, hard-wearing and comfortable I ordered a pair. They are comfortable, that has to be said. They are water-proof out of the box, I did not have to spray them to make them water proof which was a nice surprise.

However after about 6 weeks use the bottom has worn a lot, almost completely in places and I have done less walking in them than my old Hi-Tec which lasted over a year. I don't expect them to last much more than another month, two at most. Afraid my first experience with these are likely to be my last.

Update - start of August 2014 and the bottoms have worn through. So under 3 months usage, doing less walking than I did with another brand. Wont be buying this brand again.

Two stars? Why? Simple, although comfortable they do not last long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking shoes, 2 July 2013
This is my second pair - first time round for a hiking holiday in the Austrian alps. They were so comfortable and supportive I never suffered any foot/ankle/knee strain at all - in fact they were so good I wore them nearly every day at work too. They lasted about a year which is very cost effective. I would reccommend these anytime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking Good, 18 Aug. 2013
Shoes look promising for one with problem feet. They have plenty of width in the toe area-vital! The insole is rather harder than I have been used to but I hope not too hard for longer walks..

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking shoe I've owned, 8 July 2013
Bought these shoes on the excellent reviews they were getting, and must say i am very pleased with them, very comfortable from day one, have just done a two hour walk over rough ground and had no problems next day with sore feet etc.
Walking up and down Snowdon in two weeks in them and now know these will do the job, it's just the legs now i have to worry about. I paid £30 new for these which is good value, compared to some makes, I now own four Karrimor shoes and boots for different tasks, There are many different types so be careful to choose right one for your needs.
Needless to say, i can recommend these shoes and Karrimor as a make.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, 28 Aug. 2013
G. Williams "Balam" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
These ort of Karrimor boots are really nice looking and comfortable but the soles seem to wear really quickly. they would be better with a much harder tread

1.0 out of 5 stars An 'almost' product, 24 Dec. 2014
A good looking walking shoe at a great price. When used on a decent length walk I started to be concerned about the fit of the left show. The insole was migrating backward creating a bump at the heel end and the toes rubbing on the top end of the insole. The problem seemingly being that the inner lining was not securely fastened to the sole.
And then I had them on during a downpour. The right hand shoe behaved impeccably and kept the water out, but the left shoe leaked - soggy left foot. So more issues with the left shoe - looks like poor manufacturing. Shame. Could it be the low price was to offload knowingly defective shoes?
Wont be buying Karrimore again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent everyday footwear., 11 April 2013
I have now had 5 pairs of these shoes over many years and am extremely happy with the comfort and performance I have had from them and I wear them on a daily basis. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 21 July 2014
Bought these a few months ago worn them a few times and a few of the top eyelets have pulled out already I'm struggling now to get them replaced as there is no direct way to contact karrimoor i will speak to Amazon again to see what they can do

2.0 out of 5 stars Stiff and uncomfortable, 24 May 2014
At £70 RRP reduced to £27 this looked like a bargain even if they weren't perfect - wrong! First impressions were OK. I usually take 10.5s and these were, if anything, generous. I did wonder why I couldn't seem to tighten the laces sufficiently but was very pleased with the toe-room so ignored other signs.

I needed a sturdy sole to cope with stony paths and they performed well, transmitting no discomfort to the feet. However, this was probably because they were solid and inflexible, and after a while I began to notice the weight too. It was hard on the feet having so little give underneath, and the inability to tighten the laces enough to stop my feet moving around meant it was like walking on two sloppy platforms. The stiff upper exacerbated the sole inflexibility.

I was desperate to reach the end of a 4 mile walk. Too late to return the shoes - I should have heeded the warning niggles. I've now bought some Berghaus Prognosis 10.5s which so far seem vastly better.

The moral? If £70 reduced to £27 seems too good to be true, it probably is.