on 20 June 2013
These were bought for my father to replace a pair of Karrimor boots he has almost worn out. Prior to being introduced to "trainer-type" footwear, he had always worn "sensible" shoes but had started to complain about sore calves. The Karrimors solved the problem and were so comfortable he has rarely worn any other outdoor footwear since. Unfortunately, the design was no longer available as a replacement, so I bought the Bodmin Low Iii shoe instead. He has found these equally comfortable and is thrilled at how light they are. The size is spot on with the size he always wears and the width is not tight.
on 7 June 2014
I had never bought this brand before, I had typically used Hi-Tec and North Face. After issues with one I thought I would try a different brand and based on the other reviews saying these were long lasting, hard-wearing and comfortable I ordered a pair. They are comfortable, that has to be said. They are water-proof out of the box, I did not have to spray them to make them water proof which was a nice surprise.

However after about 6 weeks use the bottom has worn a lot, almost completely in places and I have done less walking in them than my old Hi-Tec which lasted over a year. I don't expect them to last much more than another month, two at most. Afraid my first experience with these are likely to be my last.

Update - start of August 2014 and the bottoms have worn through. So under 3 months usage, doing less walking than I did with another brand. Wont be buying this brand again.

Two stars? Why? Simple, although comfortable they do not last long.
on 2 July 2013
This is my second pair - first time round for a hiking holiday in the Austrian alps. They were so comfortable and supportive I never suffered any foot/ankle/knee strain at all - in fact they were so good I wore them nearly every day at work too. They lasted about a year which is very cost effective. I would reccommend these anytime.
on 8 July 2013
Bought these shoes on the excellent reviews they were getting, and must say i am very pleased with them, very comfortable from day one, have just done a two hour walk over rough ground and had no problems next day with sore feet etc.
Walking up and down Snowdon in two weeks in them and now know these will do the job, it's just the legs now i have to worry about. I paid £30 new for these which is good value, compared to some makes, I now own four Karrimor shoes and boots for different tasks, There are many different types so be careful to choose right one for your needs.
Needless to say, i can recommend these shoes and Karrimor as a make.
on 8 September 2013
I have always depended on New Balance for trainers and walking shoes but the last NB hiking shoes I bought here were too narrow - something that I didn't become aware of until I was half way through a six mile hilly walk. Too late to return they are currently in my wardrobe with shoe stretchers in. I bought Karrimor Bodmin Weathertite as an alternative and am completely satisfied. I've completed a 4 mile hike in them and they are roomy with a good grip. So roomy in fact that they are best with a pair of hiking socks. I shall definitely buy the same shoe again when these begin to show signs of wear. They are waterproof too as I proved by trekking through some deep puddles. No penetration at all though the water came up over the toes. While I shall continue to buy New Balance trainers for Summer use Karrimor have my vote for hiking shoes.
on 11 April 2013
I have now had 5 pairs of these shoes over many years and am extremely happy with the comfort and performance I have had from them and I wear them on a daily basis. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone.
on 18 October 2013
I bought these boots in April for general use in the garden (not digging!). They replaced a previous pair of Karrimor walking boots that did not claim to be waterproof and were not! These have a large WATERPROOF label on the outside of each shoe and have been fine during the summer. Yesterday I had to cut grass that was, inevitable at this time of year, soaking. After an hour and a half of just cutting grass I found that the toes of both my socks were saturated. Deeply disappointed!!!
on 15 June 2013
Having owned a pair of Karrimor bodmin boots for a little over two years which I had subjected to intensive use, and only after heavy signs of wear I purchased replacement Bodmin shoe as an optional change considering I would not use additional thick socks in new footware so opted for a smaller size shoe which was a bit of a mistake as width of shoe was less and didn't accommodate my rather broad foot as comfortably, however I did manage physically to broaden width to finally get shoe to fit OK, but could have well saved myself bother by having been more careful in selecting correct size.
on 28 August 2013
These ort of Karrimor boots are really nice looking and comfortable but the soles seem to wear really quickly. they would be better with a much harder tread
on 11 August 2014
Put first boot on and went to tie laces and metal eye the lace goes through just fell off. Since my previous pair of Karrimor boots had been thrown away after a year because the metal laces eye came off, this is clearly a type problem of poor quality control/materials not up to the job. Although Amazon return policy is good, there is still a hassle factor and waste of time. Now wearing Northwest Territory boots.