5.0 out of 5 stars Shoes for comfort
These were bought for my father to replace a pair of Karrimor boots he has almost worn out. Prior to being introduced to "trainer-type" footwear, he had always worn "sensible" shoes but had started to complain about sore calves. The Karrimors solved the problem and were so comfortable he has rarely worn any other outdoor footwear since. Unfortunately, the...
Published 23 months ago by Anon

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but not hard wearing
I had never bought this brand before, I had typically used Hi-Tec and North Face. After issues with one I thought I would try a different brand and based on the other reviews saying these were long lasting, hard-wearing and comfortable I ordered a pair. They are comfortable, that has to be said. They are water-proof out of the box, I did not have to spray them to make...
Published 11 months ago by Nicky Young

‹ Previous | 1 2 361 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars two pairs received - both faulty, 4 Sept. 2014
Good fit and cheap but the first pair I received had a very squeaky right heel as if the heel hadn't been bonded to the upper properly. Returning them for a replacement was easy thanks to Amazon. Unfortunately the replacement pair have the same fault. I used to like Karrimor when they manufactured in the UK but recent purchases have been poorer quality although admittedly much cheaper. I'll be giving them a miss from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Supplied defective, 11 Aug. 2014
Put first boot on and went to tie laces and metal eye the lace goes through just fell off. Since my previous pair of Karrimor boots had been thrown away after a year because the metal laces eye came off, this is clearly a type problem of poor quality control/materials not up to the job. Although Amazon return policy is good, there is still a hassle factor and waste of time. Now wearing Northwest Territory boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better sizing than New Balance. A Great hiking shoe., 8 Sept. 2013
Kim Hatton "Kim Hatton" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
I have always depended on New Balance for trainers and walking shoes but the last NB hiking shoes I bought here were too narrow - something that I didn't become aware of until I was half way through a six mile hilly walk. Too late to return they are currently in my wardrobe with shoe stretchers in. I bought Karrimor Bodmin Weathertite as an alternative and am completely satisfied. I've completed a 4 mile hike in them and they are roomy with a good grip. So roomy in fact that they are best with a pair of hiking socks. I shall definitely buy the same shoe again when these begin to show signs of wear. They are waterproof too as I proved by trekking through some deep puddles. No penetration at all though the water came up over the toes. While I shall continue to buy New Balance trainers for Summer use Karrimor have my vote for hiking shoes.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT waterproof!!!!!, 18 Oct. 2013
I bought these boots in April for general use in the garden (not digging!). They replaced a previous pair of Karrimor walking boots that did not claim to be waterproof and were not! These have a large WATERPROOF label on the outside of each shoe and have been fine during the summer. Yesterday I had to cut grass that was, inevitable at this time of year, soaking. After an hour and a half of just cutting grass I found that the toes of both my socks were saturated. Deeply disappointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good walking/hiking shoes, 28 Feb. 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
I bought these for my 15 year old son.

We are seasoned hikers and have gone through quite a few pairs of walking boots/shoes over the years and Karrimor have been a quality brand in my opinion. When I spotted these at such a low price at this time of writing it was a no brainer!

He's been using them for a few months now and they have proven to be very reliable indeed.

- Lightweight and comfortable with no rubbing or chaffing from day one of wear
- Great fit for his wide foot
- Waterproofing is very good
- Tough non penetrable yet flexible sole
- Great breathable material so no sweating
- Good all rounder for simple days out to some serious longer walking
- They scrub up after a muddy day out too!

I will definitely be buying a pair for myself!

Recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof, and a very poor fit, 21 Sept. 2014
The right shoe is not the same size as the left! This has been the worst aspect of owning these shoes. Even walking in dew wet grass these shoes quickly let in the water, I now go home with wet socks after just 10 minutes of walking through 4 inch high grass. Worst shoes I've owned. Even spraying them with water repellent spray makes no difference. This will put me off making the mistake of buying Karrimor in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good on breathability, or comfort, 5 Sept. 2014
J. Whitehead (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Karrimor Mens Bodmin Low lll Weathertite Trekking and Hiking Shoes (Apparel)
I bought these to replace a pair of merrel approach shoes which I had worn out - these are nowhere near as good in terms of quality, comfort or anything else really. They leave my feet sweaty at the end of the day and are cut too wide for my feet (which are quite wide anyway).

I don't know what happened to Karrimor as a brand - they used to be up there with the likes of berghaus and I still have a karrimor alpiniste goretex jacket that I paid over £350 over 10 years ago which is almost like new - but their gear these days is not the greatest by any stretch of the imagination.

I own a pair of scarpa walking boots (crampon rated) that were very expensive, these are soo comfortable and never needed any break-in - I think I will end up ditching these karrimor shoes and spending a bit more on some scarpa ones.

3.0 out of 5 stars They are a strong and comfortable boot that fit well and are as advertised waterproof, 20 July 2014
They are a strong and comfortable boot that fit well and are as advertised waterproof. However some form of odour control is needed as despite only wearing them for short periods in the mornings they began to cause foot sweat, and the resultant bacteria smell after 2 weeks. This is a shame as the are in all other respects a good walking boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor shoes, 16 Nov. 2013
These walking shoes are ideal for people who need to wear insoles as they are deep enough to accommodate them with ease. The shoes are really comfortable and fully waterproof. I can thoroughly recommend them. This is the third pair I have purchased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes, 16 Aug. 2013
My husband likes the shoes but he says they feel a bit heavy. But looks good when worn. . .

‹ Previous | 1 2 361 | Next ›