5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!
Published 17 months ago by Mumma Flashroy

1.0 out of 5 stars Would Not Recommend For Trekking Or Hiking.
I've bought Karrimor boots before and was reasonably pleased with them even when the top lace hooks broke off. On the strength of the reviews I decided to try these.
Published 12 months ago by David Parfitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, 11 July 2013
I bought these boots for my husband, to replace old leaky ones. I have a pair of the women's equivalent boots - and I am happy to say that these fitted as snugly and comfortably as mine did - and have been going strong on a daily basis without any "wearing in"! The fitting is possibly on the snug side - his left foot reaches the end of the boot even though his shoe size is a half a size smaller - so if you were considering buying these to wear with thick socks, that would be worth taking into consideration. They are good quality light-weight walking boots and the soles have a good grip in slippery conditions (much better than wellies on dog walks!). Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent summer boot, 19 April 2013
These boots are ideal for terrain and weather conditions which are not too severe. They are comfortable, hard-wearing and good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots for everyday use and very comfy., 28 Aug 2013
Had a pair of these, about £37; was so impressed bought a second pair as stock for when they wear out.

They are really nicely padded, especially round the ankle and I wear them for a mix of sitting in the office, 2-3 hour walks and riding my motorcycle and they are a great all-rounder. Not entirely waterproof but that keeps them cool in everyday use but still warm and dry when riding the bike. The lace hooks at the top mean they are quite easy to slip on and off when I'm in the office.

Good solid sole and grip but can be a little slippy because of their hardwearing rubber. Great value and that 2nd pair i bought are still sitting in the garage waiting for their day because these ones still look nearly as good as the day i bought them (although the inner lining has worn away a little). Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would Not Recommend For Trekking Or Hiking., 22 Dec 2013
These boots however are terrible. Although they look ok and feel ok to wear, as trekking/ hiking boots they are useless. My first proper test for them was Scafell Pike and they seemed fine until it rained and the path got wet. These boots have absolutely no grip on wet stone at all, it's like walking on ice! My foot slipped forward on a slight descent and locked my knee out, even when I was walking very carefully.
They have a different tread running down the centre, which seems to be a harder material than the outer tread ,to provide wear resistance, but unfortunately provides no grip in the wet.(see product photos)
These boots are fine on flat surfaces like pavements, but for going 'off road' in the wet they definitely do not work for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and lightweight, 26 May 2013
I had already bought the ladies version of these boots for a walking holiday in southern Spain. I was really pleased that they were immediately comfortable and super light - perfect for travelling / packing and for hiking in warm weather. I talked my husband into buying a pair (despite the fact that we already have great walking boots ) and he too is delighted. Great boots for a great price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots, bit big., 4 Jun 2013
L. McIntosh (Newcastle Upon Tyne, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Great boots, solid, but I wasn't aware they were so big!

I'm usually a 9 - 9 1/2 depending on the shoe/boot (typically one foot is a 9 the other is 9 1/2) so I thought I'd be good with a size 9 in these. In hindsight I should of got an 8 1/2 and they'd still be wiggle room.

I'm sure these will fit like a glove once I get some additional insoles as they are quite roomy.

All in all I like these boots. Been out a few times for 3+ hrs each time and they've been fine. Can't comment on their weatherproof'ness just yet as nothing but good weather so far but so far so good and I'm happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect boots, 24 Jun 2013
Bit dubious about buying these without trying on but they a great really comfortable walked for miles around the lake district through mud water steep hills really stood the test and they are a great price too

2.0 out of 5 stars comfortable but not waterproof, 24 Oct 2013
These boots are comfortable to walk in and were very nice in the dry but as soon as I used them to walk the dog in the fields in the mornings they started to let the water in from the dew, it was not even raining. If you want a waterproof boot do not buy these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 26 Feb 2014
I've given 5 stars because the Karrimor boot deserves it! Very comfortable even on first walk, a 12 kilometer walk in a local forest, which has a long and steep incline on very rough ground. The boot more than suited to it! Not a sign of a blister, and great support for the ankles. Next walk was over a very wet and boggy golf course. Came home with dry feet! I read the reviews before buying and took heed of one that suggested ordering a half size bigger than you usual shoe size to accommodate thicker socks. Glad that I did. Highly recommended!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not in any way waterproof., 6 Oct 2013
I bought these for a 1 night camping trip in Matlock. On the Sunday morning we went for a walk through the fields around Cromford. It was sunny and it hadn't rained the previous day, but there was dew on the grass. Within half an hour my left foot started to feel cold and I couldn't tell if it was wet or not. Half an hour later both feet were absolutely sodden. How can Karrimor call these boots waterproof when a bit of grass dew is enough to get through them? Ridiculous.

I'm going to have to return them, which is disappointing because they were extremely comfortable compared to some other boots I've owned.