5.0 out of 5 stars Shoes for comfort
These were bought for my father to replace a pair of Karrimor boots he has almost worn out. Prior to being introduced to "trainer-type" footwear, he had always worn "sensible" shoes but had started to complain about sore calves. The Karrimors solved the problem and were so comfortable he has rarely worn any other outdoor footwear since. Unfortunately, the...
Published 15 months ago by Anon

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but not hard wearing
I had never bought this brand before, I had typically used Hi-Tec and North Face. After issues with one I thought I would try a different brand and based on the other reviews saying these were long lasting, hard-wearing and comfortable I ordered a pair. They are comfortable, that has to be said. They are water-proof out of the box, I did not have to spray them to make...
Published 3 months ago by Nicky Young

‹ Previous | 1 2 351 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good walking/hiking shoes, 28 Feb 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Karrimor Mens Bodmin Low lll Weathertite Trekking and Hiking Shoes (Apparel)
I bought these for my 15 year old son.

We are seasoned hikers and have gone through quite a few pairs of walking boots/shoes over the years and Karrimor have been a quality brand in my opinion. When I spotted these at such a low price at this time of writing it was a no brainer!

He's been using them for a few months now and they have proven to be very reliable indeed.

- Lightweight and comfortable with no rubbing or chaffing from day one of wear
- Great fit for his wide foot
- Waterproofing is very good
- Tough non penetrable yet flexible sole
- Great breathable material so no sweating
- Good all rounder for simple days out to some serious longer walking
- They scrub up after a muddy day out too!

I will definitely be buying a pair for myself!

Recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars They are a strong and comfortable boot that fit well and are as advertised waterproof, 20 July 2014
They are a strong and comfortable boot that fit well and are as advertised waterproof. However some form of odour control is needed as despite only wearing them for short periods in the mornings they began to cause foot sweat, and the resultant bacteria smell after 2 weeks. This is a shame as the are in all other respects a good walking boot

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly larger than expected., 11 July 2014
Nice pair of shoes. I bought these a short while after purchasing their higher ankle siblings (Karrimor Men's Bodmin Ii Mid Weathertite Light Mink Walking Boot). Fitted my feet fine straight away width wise and they are just as comfortable. I noticed that, compared to the walking boot, they felt a bit loose around the ankle area when walking around in them. I fixed this however by inserting a thin insole - the type one can get for foot odour prevention. This has mostly cured that loose sensation. Whatever tiny amount of slack remains I can tolerate because it makes the shoes easy to slide onto my feet in the morning and by the time I get to work, my feet seem to have swelled slightly so that I don't notice it at all anymore. Probably be brilliant after having them for a week or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor shoes, 16 Nov 2013
These walking shoes are ideal for people who need to wear insoles as they are deep enough to accommodate them with ease. The shoes are really comfortable and fully waterproof. I can thoroughly recommend them. This is the third pair I have purchased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes, 16 Aug 2013
My husband likes the shoes but he says they feel a bit heavy. But looks good when worn. . .

4.0 out of 5 stars great value, 1 Aug 2013
replacement for Karrimor shoe/boot bought from JB sports-this is much cheaper and same quality-for the price. Lacing has been updated but still same reliable product

4.0 out of 5 stars Concerns with system for lacing up trainers, 15 July 2013
Had similar pair in the past and was plaeased with them, as good fit and comfortable. Although I have not worn these yet, but tried them on and seem fine. My only concern is the metal tags that hold the laces. On a previous pair of trainers one tag pulled out, whilst another broke, creating a problem as to how to tie the laces up. Would have preferred ordinary eyes in the shoe as this problem is unlikely to happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 30 May 2013
Had these shoes for a week and I ordered another pair in the blue/black. I have had other Karrimor shoes but they had quite thin soles and made my feet sore. The new ones felt like wearing slippers and I could walk all day without thinking about my feet. The soles are thick enough to stop the feeling of stones underfoot, but they are also very light weight. I like that they have metal eyelets and are waterproof though not tested how good yet. I have a pair of Salomon shoes which were twice the price but they have lasted a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing standards... Where?, 8 Jun 2014
Way to small very disappointed. I don't know why these companies like salomon, karrimor etc are making shoes that are clearly coming up small on people no matter what size of shoe they are. Sort it out and wake up to the fact that if people ask for a size it should ACTUALLY BE THAT SIZE...

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT waterproof!!!!!, 18 Oct 2013
I bought these boots in April for general use in the garden (not digging!). They replaced a previous pair of Karrimor walking boots that did not claim to be waterproof and were not! These have a large WATERPROOF label on the outside of each shoe and have been fine during the summer. Yesterday I had to cut grass that was, inevitable at this time of year, soaking. After an hour and a half of just cutting grass I found that the toes of both my socks were saturated. Deeply disappointed!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 351 | Next ›