4.0 out of 5 stars Should be brilliant - I question fit
Published 23 months ago by Carole Allen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very comfortable
Too high at the back. Not comfortable. Would take too long to wear in. Sent them back, as I wanted to take them on holiday immediately.
Published 15 months ago by AlexS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be brilliant - I question fit, 18 Sep 2012
I'm a lover of Merrell shoes and have relied on them over many years, initially for holiday trekking and more recently, as designs have become more fashionable, for everyday casual summer wear. For the first time, I am slightly disappointed with this shoe. The design is very good and provides support with comfort, or at least it should ! I just find them a bit too narrow over the top / front of the shoe so that they rub. I have had to cut into the leather trim to gently release the pressure. It is quite possible the problem is actually my feet (hideous at the best of times): perhaps they are getting more "deformed" during the aging process ? What is for sure is that I will no longer be confident enough to buy Merrell shoes by mail order without checking thoroughly in a local store.

The service from the provider was excellent, as always.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 12 Dec 2013
I have bunions and find it difficult to buy shoes that does cause me pain but tries these shoes out, they are very roomy and comfortable at the top were I need them to be.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not comfortable, 8 July 2013
I bought these for walking holiday hoping them to be really soft and flexible,but they are hard especially on the heel. They may improve with wear but not prepared to go through the blister stage. Returned them

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 3 July 2013
Very comfy and fit well (went half a size down to a UK 6 - I'm often a 6 1/2)
Quality good and excellent price

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very comfortable, 3 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfortable, 4 May 2013
I am about to take part in our company's walking challenge, and need proper walking shoes, in which to rush around Edinburgh. Had a trial walk today - excellent comfortable shoes. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars shoes, 29 Jun 2013
Very comfortable for walking. I take a size larger to my specified size to compensate for my left foot being a bit larger than my right and these shoes are great for broad feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2012 they are so comfortable and suited my summer wardrobe so was delight to ..., 11 July 2014
Purchased my first pair in a sale, 2012 they are so comfortable and suited my summer wardrobe so was delight to find them on Amazon this year 2014 look good with jeans, shorts , & skirts and look like a summer shoe.

I have Osto, arthritis in one knee, for walking they give support and help correct my step, Velcro strap is a little short in length. Overall a very good product well made hard wearing, would recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous version, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Merrell LORELEI EMME Mary Jane Shoes Womens (Shoes)
This is my third pair of these shoes, with my previous ones being the earlier version. My previous ones fitted like slippers from the outset, with no rubbing or blisters, which I'm prone to with other shoes, so I had high hopes for these. They initially felt a little stiff, but the fit was fine. I own many pairs of Merrells, and I always take the same size. I wore them outside for about 30 minutes, and came back with blisters on one heel, and the other a little rubbed. Compeeds to the rescue, I tried again the following day, with the same story - rubbing and blisters. I've never had blisters with any Merrells before. Comparing the older version with the newer ones, the heel is higher on the new, which is where the rubbing is happening, and the inside top edge is lined with fake leather (plastic) not real leather. The old ones have real leather and neoprene. I find the new nylon strap very rough too, although it hasn't caused a blister, it feels very hard and scratchy, leaving marks on the skin. Again, the older version has a leather strap. It looks to me that Merrell have tried to fix the problem of the little toe wearing through the mesh, which happens on the old version - new has the leather toe cap extending further down to prevent this, but in doing so, have skimped on materials elsewhere. Like other purchasers, I don't expect to have to "break in" Merrells, but I will persevere with these for a few more tries at least. It is worth pointing out that Merrell offer a 1 year guarantee on their shoes, so you can send them back even if they have been worn. For summer shoes that are intended to be worn without socks, they need to be comfortable natural materials, not hard scratchy nylon or fake leather - come on Merrell, you can do better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy Ever., 10 Jun 2014
Would highly recommend this shoe, it's easy to put on, very light, especially after an illness like mine, it assisted with my mobility due to being so light.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›