5.0 out of 5 stars On Dublin Street book 2
With an alcoholic, dysfunctional mother and a father who disappeared years ago Jo has been taking care of her family since she was 16 years old. Forced to leave school and get a job just to pay the bills she never had much of a childhood but she is determined life will be better for her younger brother Cole. Everything she does is done in Cole's best interest, even when...
Published 15 months ago by Sarah (Feeling Fictional)

3.0 out of 5 stars Humdrum
Boring and predictable.Its okay if you have nothing else to read but I wouldn't reccomend this book. Not well written
Published 12 months ago by maggie

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant follow up to on dublin street. Couldn't put it down, brilliantly written, funny and emotional. Wouldn't it be good if real life had men like Braden and cam. Can't wait to read more from Samantha young. Excellent!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fabulous, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
I love love love Samantha Young and she has not disappointed. This is as good as Dublin Street, I love that you have the same characters and learn different sides of them too.

I completely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
I was a fan from the fist book, Down Dublin Street. I can honestly say this did not dissapoint my high expectations. Funny in places, hot and sexy in others. A wonderful story of hardships, relationships and love.
Samantha young leads you on a beautiful story explaining the lead characters in just enough detail to understand their lives and their perspectives and what makes them tick. I loved the main characters, Johanna and Cam so much. It was so refreshing to read a story that seemed real (by which I mean so many other authors nowadays believe you need a multi millionaire male alpha character to make a book work!) the main characters were two hard working people, struggling at times to make ends meet, but having faith and love and friends around to support.
I hope Samantha continues with this series, I think these two books are up there in my top ten favourites. Thank you for bringing us something refreshingly different Samantha x

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 8 May 2013
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
On Dublin Street was the first time I had read a book by this author and I loved it. It's a long time since I read it and when I realised this book featured a character from that book I couldn't actually remember Jo but it made no difference. This is a standalone book so you don't need to read the first if you are new to this author.

Jo has had a horrible upbringing. Her father was abusive to her and her mother is an alcoholic. Jo has a younger brother Cole who she would do anything for. Jo has a lot of insecurities but she feels she has to give Cole a better life and so she only goes out with rich men but she puts on a persona for them and is not her real self. When she meets Cam, he insults her but at the same time he makes her take a good look at her current lifestyle and her attraction to Cam makes her want to take a risk on the 'real' Jo and proper happiness.

For me, this book was even better than On Dublin Street. I love books of this length. It really helps you connect with the characters and their story. In the first half of the book Jo and Cam's sexual tension had me gripped. In the second half when they finally connect, I loved it.

Even though some aspects of the plot were enitely too predictable and I saw them coming a mile off, it didn't detract from how great this story was. Some readers may have a problem with the Jo we first meet in this story but I didn't, her upbringing has left her feeling that way about herself and it takes a real man (Cam) to show her that she doesn't need to live her life like that.

I loved Jo (even more than Joss from Dublin Street) and yes Braden in Dublin Street is hot, but Cam gives him a run for his money and I think I preferred his character. Jo often tells Cam he is romantic and she's right, he is in his own sexy way! The love scenes are well written and tasteful, I especially liked the Changing Room scene!

I can't wait to read more from this author. She is now one of my favourites.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Be Caledonia", 7 May 2013
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
What a wonderful continuation to the On Dublin Street series. I so very much loved On Dublin Street and Until Fountain Bridge. You end up caring and loving each and every secondary character from On Dublin Street. So obviously, it is completely awesome that Samantha has been able to expand the series so that we can get to know them all a bit more.

"Braden, Ellie, and Adam came in and took their usual table directly across from us so that Braden and Joss could screw each other with their eyes."

But of course, before I get into the main characters for Down London Road, I have mention all of our old favorites. It was lovely that we got to see so much of Joss and Braden. Of course they have had their happily ever after, and we were all glad for that... but that isn't to say that we didn't want more of them.

So, I was very pleased with how much they were actually a part of Johanna's story. Her and Joss have turned into the best of friends, and their relationship was a wonderful thing to see. No jealousy, no backstabbing, just two woman who truly love and care for each other. oooOOOooohhh and did you see where I said we get more Braden? Each and every time he entered a scene, my breath caught. The man could just be standing there doing nothing, and you could feel his presence. Like I said, it was nice to see more of him.

"I'd never felt so intensely attracted to someone before. Usually, it took me a while to get to know a guy before I felt that kind of deep tingling in all of my good-for-nothing places."

So, let us now discuss our two main characters, Johanna and Cameron. We all know Johanna but we did not learn a lot about her to be honest. Now we finally get to see why she has struggled her whole life. The hardships she has faced while trying to raise her little brother. Johanna is a very strong character, and does whatever she can for her those that she loves, without a second thought for what it would do to her. She lets people think whatever they want about her, but if it means she can keep Cole safe there is no doubt she will continue to do it.

"My body was panting, "He's hot. Can we have him?" While my mind was screaming, "Oh, dear God, what the hell are you thinking?"

Then there is Cameron. *swoon* Cameron is amazing, but trust me when I say it takes him a bit to earn that title. He is nothing short of a jerk at the start. He is one of those that immediately makes his mind up about Jo and how he thinks she is. Although, when he finally gets his act together... he is outstanding.

"When his blue eyes met mine, I inhaled sharply at the raw need in them. "You're stunning," he whispered hoarsely. "No man can possibly deserve you."

Now, as much as I absolutely loved Cameron and Johanna together I have to admit my favorite relationship in this book was Joanna and her little brother, Cole. I lost track at the amount of times that their love for each other made me tear up. I loved how they stuck up for each other, the kind words for each other, and the banter.

So in others words, I guess what I am trying to say is, I love Cole. I honestly just loved him. And although he is not old enough to have his own book just yet, I will be keeping my fingers crossed that sometime in his future he will be blessed with his own story. I have no doubt that he will be doing just fine but would love to see him grown up, and falling in love with somebody. He was just such a wonderful character.

"Now go. Hang out with your friends and be immature. Responsible," I added hurriedly, "but immature."
He made a face. "Do those two go hand in hand?"
"If your immaturity can lead to consequences, then it's irresponsible."
Cole grunted. "You should write that s*** stuff down."
"I heard the "s***" in there, baby boy, and I'm stealing the last PopTart as punishment."
"Harsh, Jo." He shook his head, backing off with a smile. "Harsh."

Please do not hesitate at all to read this series if you haven't already done so. You will love everybody, and even come to think of them as one big extended family. There is a fourth book in the series scheduled for publication in 2014. However, at the time of this review Samantha hasn't released details about who the book will be centered around. I have my suspicions about who I think it will be about, but there are just so many perfect characters to pick from. Regardless of who it is, I know I will be right there to read it as soon as I can.

"Some people are born with family, and others have to make family."

Christine
Rainy Day Reads

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing. Even better than the first one and I loved that, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
I think I've found a new favourite author!!

I didn't think the first one was beatable, but this sequel was amazing. Looking forward to the next instalment.

A must buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Down London Road, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
I started this ages ago after I fell in love with Braden in On Dublin Street. At the time, I couldn't get into it. I started it again last week and I haven't put it down!
There was great chemistry between the characters and I loved that their relationship was original. I loved how Cam was able to understand Jo and break down her walls. He came across as a jerk but underneath could be really sensitive.
Samantha really knows how to write a great romance and I can't wait to dive into the rest of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
i loved this story Johanna & Cameron sexual chemistry was explosive. loved storyline wiv alcoholic mother & looked after her brother & abusive father I didn't like Cameron's ex i was worried i though something had happened between them.I'm glad it worked out in end.read it in a day lost hrs sleep but it was worth it love Dublin street too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm Brilliant, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
I read this ages ago but realised I hadn't reviewed it. I'm one a few words... This was bloody BRILLIANT

5.0 out of 5 stars another brill read!, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Down London Road (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic story, only took me two days as I couldn't put it down. Thank you Samantha Young for another great book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›