Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

2,724

on 20 May 2013
I had heard the Australian author being interviewed about this book on radio 2, and was prompted to buy the book. I read it on three sittings ! Very funny and touching at the same time as the central character struggles with Aspergers, and tries to reconcile his logical views on the world with society's. the storyline around Rosie is great. Highly recommend !
on 18 January 2015
Laughed out loud several times. a great story and a valuable insight into the life of an adult with Aspergers syndrome making his way through life as a single man
on 26 July 2015
Just finished this. A real page turner. Very funny but could also empathise with the main characters, who were well rounded and who you wanted to find happiness.
on 5 September 2013
I stumbled across the authour being interviewed on the simon mayo radio show and thought that Id give the book a chance as the listeners had all said it was a good read. It turned out that the first couple of chapters I was stuggling with the style of writing , this is because of setting up and explaining the reasons he is like he is. Just as I was about to give up , something I rarely do , the writing ( or maybe the previous setup) suddenly became clear and easy and a joy to read. I normally read things like A year in the Merde and found the writing and humour of a similar style.
The book flows well and without giving anything away its obvious whats going to happen at the end its just enjoyable getting there. I did however feel the very end of the book kind of threw away in a sentance or two something that should have had more to 'end' it.
on 31 January 2014
Just a good read. If you liked the unlikely pilgrimage of Harold fry, you'll like this book. Brilliant characters. Humour, romance, pathe. Thoroughly enjoyable
on 4 July 2015
I found it a most interesting subject. I loved the humour in the book and I came to really care for the characters. I went straight on to read the next book.
on 13 August 2015
Recommended by a friend. I hate reading books that have been recommended but this was the exception, it was brilliant, funny, moving and really uplifting.
on 12 February 2014
Loved this book! Gentle, undemanding, funny; it maintained interest right the way through with at times comic genius. We're all dipping our toes in the waters of socially inept, some of us just wade in a little further..
on 16 July 2013
This made an excellent holiday read as it was very amusing and didn't require too much concentration to follow the plot. It waswell written and quite compelling to find out how it all ends.Would definetly read more by this author.
on 22 July 2013
This book was recommended to me by an 'aspie' in my life who is looking for a partner. It was the most enjoyable book I've read in a long time. It's not too long, I read it within a couple of days on holiday and have now recommended it to friends. It is so sweet, funny and clever.