5.0 out of 5 stars Happy child, jealous husband!
Published 14 months ago by n7misc

3.0 out of 5 stars nerf's fastest firing
Published 1 month ago by JamesS

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy child, jealous husband!, 24 Oct 2013
n7misc (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Another Nerf gun added to our arsenal. This is a good one. Our daughter thinks it is incredible. Loves how the gun looks and feels. I'm impressed with it - with the usual reservations! It is expensive in battery use - 4 C batteries (not supplied) and they don't last long. Maybe 2 days worth of battling... this is true of our other battery operated Nerfs too so not really a specific negative for this gun.

It's a bit heavy, but she doesn't seem to mind. The clearing up afterwards is never really complete...I'm always finding bullets under beds and behind shelves etc but the amount of fun created makes it worth it. We did buy some extra clips - if this gun is on a Christmas list I advise you to add an extra magazine to the list - it improves the fun so much to be able to click another magazine in and fire away.

I may have to buy another one for Christmas as my partner is not happy with his existing Nerfs any more... don't think he likes being outgunned!

Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant gun, 27 Sep 2013
Nick C (Middleton, Manchester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great fun so far - not had any jamming issues but I found (via my son and the amount of jams in his other Nerf guns I used to have to clear) that all Nerfs eventually start jamming as the projectiles get worn or damaged. Fires superfast - and quite a distance but you're going to get battered in a "Nerf War" unless you have a few fully loaded clips ready to swap out.
With regards to the durability of the gun - time will tell, it's been used most days for a week now with no issues, if there are any I'll add a footnote to the review at a later date.
You might want to get some rechargeable batteries - they'll have paid for themselves by the 4 - 6th charge depending how much you pay for them. I can't say precisely how long the batteries last as I don't know how often he's been using it but I had to recharge them (3000 mah capacity) after 2 days the 1st time but haven't since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic fun for you and the children, 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Toy)
Awesome fun, I bought 4 guns to have battles with my mates and their children. This is my primary weapon, I have 2 additional clips. The gun is big and bulky it requires battery's and is noisy because of the rapid fire mechanism. It has a sliding and lock out stock. I made a shoulder strap for mine and the others owned by my mates son. Its about the fun at the end of the day and watching your mate and his wife being shot in the ass by their 8 year old is epic. I have an elite jolt as a baby backup a strongarm 8 shooter and a firestrike blaster for a backup.

Yes I am a 35 year old guy, but when your up against a 7, 8, 10 and 11 year old it's war, last time we had a play fight I got taken out by my mates 6 year old daughter with an outstanding rebound shot off the living room celling.

The only problem with nerf is the cleanup after. But it's good harmless clean fun.

My one suggestion if you are going to buy these guns for battles like ours get some eye protection for the children we use paintball masks because it covers the whole face and look cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars a present, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Toy)
this is what my 8yr old grandson picked for his birthday. he plays with it every day and likes the noise it makes. the darts shoot out very quick. i have bought him extra bullets as the dog likes them too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, this is in another class, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Toy)
This is the best nerf rifle. It out classes every other gun for its combination of power, range, capacity and ease of use. It is very good but they shift around which one is on sale so shop around for the best deal if this is at full price when you read this review.

It does use up 4 C sized batteries after 9 hours of use and I only keep the motor revving when I intend to fire. After those 9 hours the first shot will almost always jam but for an experienced nerf gun user this is only an annoyance. Get some rechargeables if you can and you will never have this problem.

Oh yeah and buy more clips, you will go through lots of darts

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy successor to the Stampede ECM, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Toy)
Stock gun (i.e. with no performance improvements at all): better than mediocre. The rate of fire is around 1.5 darts per second. Range is acceptable for elite nerf guns, but accuracy is very poor owing to a protective flap over the spinning flywheels - note that unlike the Stampede, this IS a flywheel gun, not a plunger system. Gun balance is terrible - the weight of 4 x C-cell batteries in the front makes the gun very front heavy, which younger users may find troublesome. In this aspect, the Stampede ECM was rather better - balance was equally poor, but the weight was at the rear, so that the shoulder could be used, rather than levering down on the arms.

Apart from the weight problem, this gun looks and feels *superb*: Nerf have really succeeded with a weapon that conveys the sense of an assault rifle - while *simultaneously* producing a silhouette that is far enough from that of a real firearm that it should not arouse problems in public.

I did not use the gun enough before modifying it to check on battery life with C-cells. However, with an upgraded power pack (which should discharge *faster* than C-cells, and probably have a smaller capacity), I have not had to recharge once after several multiple-hour session of use. I would estimate at least 8-10 hours of "combat" should be fine.

This is also an excellent base platform for Nerf warriors to improve upon. The accuracy can be dramatically improved by the removal of the translucent rubber safety flap over the flywheels. Due to the low torque of the motors, and low friction of the flywheels, this does not pose any significant safety risks. The rate of fire can be improved by upgrading the battery (I use a 2-cell Li-ion pack, which both dramatically improves available power and reduces the balance problems, due to being lighter), and by some judicious modifications to the internal electronics.

Even with a doubled rate of fire, it is quite possible to squeeze off individual darts: you just need a bit of trigger discipline. The need to pick up darts and refill magazines may help teach this to new users!

3.0 out of 5 stars nerf's fastest firing, 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Toy)
This is nerf's fastest firing automatic (yes, it's faster than the overly-coverted rhino, although the rhino is so badass xD. We did a comparison of them both at my local assassins guild). The range is very decent too for a semi-automatic nerf gun. It requires 6C batteries, and it is fairly heavy, although the weight is significantly less than any other nerf semi-automatic.

However, this gun cannot receive 5 stars as the magazine is dreadful. It jammed all the time. I tried lubricating it (determining which lubricator was suitable for ABS plastic took a while) and even after using this on the magazine it did not help. My solution to this was to buy the nerf rampage and use the 25-dart drum for that gun (actually the 18-mag works fine in the rampage because even if the mag jams it's not a problem since the mag is sideways so gravity no longer holds the bullets in the mag) in the rapidstrike. Having a 25 dart drum (vs 18-dart mag) is better anyway in the rapidstrike (more darts the merrier :D )

Conclusion: If you want a semi-auto gun and have about £50 to waste (wait for an offer to appear on the guns) then this is the gun for you. It's nerf's finest semi-auto. It's the lightest and the fastest firing with a very decent range. However, I think you will need to get a 25 dart drum for this. I'm giving it 3 stars because it's annoying that I had to pay an extra £20 on the rampage to get this working effectively.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value and service, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Toy)
My 7 year old grandson loved his birthday present, along with his friends he was outside using the gun for a good part of his birthday celebration. I bought this at a really good price with Amazon, it arrived on time and with no delivery issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerftastic!!, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Toy)
I bought this for my sons 7th birthday, he loves it!! He has played with it every day since. No educational value whatsoever but 10 out of 10 for fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all ages!, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 (Toy)
Another well made, robust item from Nerf, just needs a spare clip or two since it only takes seconds to empty!

Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18