4.0 out of 5 stars I want to love this device, but it's not quite perfect.
In itself, this device is extremely good quality and has no obvious faults... but as a package it could be better, it really does need a bag/case to store it safely.

Published 22 months ago by J. Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars did a job from one charge
Published 17 months ago by stephen harvey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I want to love this device, but it's not quite perfect., 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: EZOPower High Capacity 6000mAh 2-Port Portable Solar External Backup Battery Charger - 2A/ Black Orange for Apple iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S,iPod Touch ,HTC Motorola Nokia and More USB Powered Devices ** 2 USB Output (5V 2.1A) to charge your cellphone, iPhone, iPod, MP3, E-readers , Solar charging , Works with most original or generic USB cable(s), such as iPod/iPad cable ** (Electronics)

The solar panel is a bit of a gimmick, but one which I appreciate and it will light up and charge from solar in surprisingly dull weather (although don't expect much extra charge!)... in theory it can provide enough in reasonable sunlight to keep one phone powered indefinitely, but if that was my goal I'd take a larger folding solar panel as well to charge this device in a shorter time.

The reason I give this less than 5 stars is that the charge level is not indicated during charging, which can be a little awkward, you can get some idea if you turn it on during charging, but it displays 4 bars before it is completed (charging appears to be complete when all 4 lights are on permanently). I would like a case, at least a drawstring bag or some thing to keep the battery together with it's adaptors, and it does not come with a charger but this is OK now that the price has been reduced. Also, the button protrudes so I would recommend a hard case to be sure that it did not get turned on/off accidentally.

Since it has a solar panel, it would be nice if it had some way to attach to the outside of a pack to make use of the panel on the move.

There is one unique feature among the small external 5v supplies I have tested which is that it will charge from the USB input while still providing output... what I would describe as UPS mode, which could be useful if you were using it with a larger external solar panel, or in other situations...

Overall, this is a compromise, it's battery is a little smaller than some alternatives, it's solar panel is as big as it could be, but still too small to make a big difference to the power, it's ergonomics are not the best... and it comes with no case etc. I cannot give it 5 stars, but all that said, it's very nicely made and I love it.... even tho I have a couple of other USB battery packs which are better on paper, and I now have 2 of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but needs really strong sunshine., 16 Aug 2013
This charge my wife's and my iPhone five times over until tye charge ran out. Good for short camping trips.

3.0 out of 5 stars did a job from one charge, 20 July 2013
I choose this due to the reviews however after one full charge on the computer and one energy transfer to my I-phone it will not recharge using the daytime light, the only way to get this to recharge is by plugging it in to the computer and that is not easy when you are camping in a field and it takes ages to complete ( 8 hours minimum). After the first use of the item I was impressed that soon evaporated when it did not recharge, I will not be recommending it any friends.

1.0 out of 5 stars Solar charging ineffective, 17 Mar 2014
Fine as a backup battery if charged with USB, Though it will only charge another device if >75% charged itself. Solar charger ineffective even in 12 hours full sunshine in South Africa. I wish I'd done more research before purchasing. I would not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great little gadget, 30 Aug 2013
having spent hours at Glastonbury queuing up with others to charge my samsung galaxy in the Chill and Charge tent I was determined to find myself a good solar charger. This really does the job - charged it up and since have used it 3 times to fully charge up my phone and it still has plenty of charge on it - even though it has not been lying around in the sun. Loads of connectors too - have used to charge my ipod as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 20 Mar 2014
mostly have used it as a battery pack chaging from the mains, not had chance to test the solar charging as only had ove the winter apart from leaving on a window sill but unlikely to work well as the glass will stop alot of the key radiaition that would allow it to charge.

Hope to give it a good test in the summer whilst camping as keen to know how quickly it will charge on solar in the UK.

Guess it would be fantastic in equatorial countries but not expecting to much in the UK.

3.0 out of 5 stars charge pack, 1 Oct 2013
I have used the unit and found it to be OK the main problem are the instructions which are not very explanatory

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it so far, 23 Jun 2013
There's not much to say that hasn't been said in product description. I am quite happy with it since it has the 2A output usb socket that can charge my devices faster than my current laptop, that only has 1A on all USBs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery backup, 26 Mar 2013
M. Pride (Huntingdonshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Big enough to hold several charges for my phone, still small enough to carry in my pocket and can charge my phone while still using it. Dont know how well the solar panel works as not had enough sunshine since I bought it to try charging it that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 29 Dec 2012
If like me, you are addicted to your smartphone, and drain it's battery far too quickly and often then this device is great to have with you. The solar panels will charge it's internal battery to only a little over 50%, but that's more than enough to charge my phone's battery fully. If you charge this device fully from a plug or another USB source it seems able to fully charge my smartphone numerous times.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›