on 28 February 2004
I was given this book as a Christmas present last year. It's a non-serious, tongue in cheek book written from the perspective of the family dog. This in no way is meant to be a serious insight into a dogs mind, nor a training tool. It will cause dog owners a chuckle as they recognise errant patterns of behaviour in their own dog - and the seemingly cunning reasons behind the pooch's actions.
on 8 August 2006
This `instruction manual' for dogs certainly hits the mark by describing to any self-respecting, independent-thinking dog (and lets face it, given half a chance they all are!) how to behave in order to fully ensure their human owners know their place in the pack. A nice book that any dog owner will be nodding their head in agreement to, as they are bound to recognise the same tricks that their own dog gets up to.

Made me wonder what Barney in the hilariously funny book Shakespeare My Butt! would have wrote about John Donoghue (the author) had Barney (John's dog) wrote a list of `Ten Commandments of Dog Owners' to keep John in line, instead of John writing `Ten Commandments of Dog' to keep Barney in line! And what Ollie in Stephen Foster's book Walking Ollie would have to say about him!

A good book if you're looking for something to make you giggle.
on 1 July 2014
This book was much smaller than I realised when I ordered it but, as it was for a small gift, it didn't matter too much. My friend had recently bought a labradoddle puppy and this book was a perfect little gift.
on 5 February 2014
Its good, and yes it is funny. However much smaller than I expected. For the price I paid for it excellent value, not really worth its full price
This is a super little book that is funny and if you are owned by a dog already, will find it oh so true! It is fun and easy to read and is also a great little gift to give to a friend etc.
Loved it
on 19 February 2014
I received this as a gift as I am dog mad.
Read it quickly as I found the book very funny and entertaining and as a dog owner I could relate to a lot if incidences in the book.
Great little gift for dog lovers everywhere.
on 7 January 2016
BRILLIANT Simon Whaley has a wonderful insight into dogs. I gave several friends this book for Christmas and every one has said how much they enjoyed it, reading bits out of it with their friends and relations on Christmas day and HOW TRUE! Other comments were 'he never reads a book, but even he kept reading bits!. If you are a dog lover, and especially if you have a dog, it's a MUST. it applies to ALL breeds!
on 23 May 2015
Silly book. the humour is juvenile. not to be reccomended
on 26 January 2012
This book is really sweet and funny. I bought this for a dog lover and he loved the book. Its very entertaining. I think its great value, I seen it in the local garden centre, then purchased it on Amazon, saving a few pounds.
on 28 November 2013
Dog Lovers will find this book is probably written with their dog in mind.
Funny in places, but obvious to those who own nuts who behave in this way.
A good quick read on a lazy day.