4.0 out of 5 stars Similar to the Three Sisters trilogy
Published 8 months ago by LEP

2.0 out of 5 stars Been here before
The feeling of utter disappointment at this book makes me feel that Nora Roberts has let me down. I have read this story before, albeit with a few different twist but the basic premise is the same (Sign of the Seven)

Published 8 months ago by Grizabella

2.0 out of 5 stars Been here before, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The story dragged interminably and would have been much better with all three stories in one book the plot would have at least had some pace to it. This penchant Nora has for trilogies is all well and good when there is a fresh plot and interesting twists, e.g. The Boonsboro Trilogy, but at 6.99 a shot I at least expect something new for my money.

I have been a long-time fan of Nora's books and those under her pseudonym J D Robb and have over 100 of her books lining my bookshelves or on my Kindle so I feel that I can speak with some authority in saying this book is a definite miss.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deja vu and not in a good way!!, 12 Nov 2013
Like my fellow book readers on here I'm a huge Nora Roberts fan, I have pretty much all of her books resting on my shelve and have re-read them all many many times. If your new to her then this book is ok, but to be honest it's not one her greatest, this is really just one big mash up of the 3 sister trilogy & the sign of 7 trilogy, Branna-Mia, Iona-Nell & Fin as Sam, even the pentagon mark that used in the 3 sisters is featured here in the same way!! I fear Nora may have run out of ideas or is being pushed to release too many books a year, either way I'd be surprised if I buy the next book which is a shame as she's a great author!!
P.S if you are new to her then please read the 3 Sisters Trilogy it's one of her best series :0) x

3.0 out of 5 stars Love nora but this is almost identical to the pagan stone trilogy., 2 Nov 2013
Could it be possible that nora roberts is running out of ideas!!?!! I have read all her books and this trilogy is very predictable because it is almost the same as the stone trilogy books. Very obvious and actually, dare I say, a bit slow ..... I think the last book will be Branna and fin and it should be the best.

If you like nora you'll like this but there's nothing new here.

1.0 out of 5 stars A big let down Nora!, 4 Dec 2013
Before I start I must say I am one of the biggest Nora Roberts/JD Robb fans going..I have even pre-ordered her books from USA in order to get them more quickly. I have read (and still own) every book she has ever published.
To say I am disappointed in this book is putting it mildly! Its the only book I have ever read of hers, that I wanted to 'hurry up and end' She has used this formula so many times before ie Sign of the Seven...Three Sisters trilogies and I felt this one was a mash up of everything that has gone before (in fact I went back into the book to see if it was a re-write!)
I think because she is one of our most popular writers, she is under pressure to produce more books more frequently.
Sorry Nora, I would rather wait longer and relish a damn good book than ever be disappointed in anything you write.
I don't think I could recommend this book to anyone (whether they are new to Nora..or like me ..an avid reader of her books

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old, same old., 21 Nov 2013
Beth (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
I keep hoping Nora Roberts' books will improve again - but they don't. What a disappointment. I have been a lifetime fan and regularly re-read my favourites - island 3, jewels 3 and born in 3 in particular.
Really bored by the Boonsborough books and this book is an utter rehash.
Plus silly mistakes - potatoes for tea in medieval times! Just careless.
Time to retire?

4.0 out of 5 stars Similar to the Three Sisters trilogy, 6 Nov 2013
LEP "LEP" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I enjoy all Nora Roberts books, including those she writes as JD Robb. I enjoyed this first book in a new trilogy, however I thought that the story theme was very like her Three Sisters trilogy which I read a long time ago, more like that than the Pagan Stone trilogy as another reviewer states. This time it is set in Ireland instead of America, although there is an American cousin, Iona. This first book, Iona's story is not nearly as menacing as the first in the Three Sisters trilogy, which perhaps lets it down somewhat.

Iona is sunny and bright in personality and having discovered that she is an ancestor of the 13C Dark Witch, which she hears about from her Irish grandmother, and realising that she has magick gifts, she goes to Ireland to meet her two cousins who have already been practising magick for years. The Dark Witch had three children and now that the three cousins are together, the dark sorcerer who wanted Sorcha, the Dark Witch's power, rises again.

Like the Three Sisters trilogy there is a 4th with power. Finn, the friend of the others, and like the Three Sisters there is s problem stopping Finn and Breanna, one of the cousins, coming together even though they love each other. Here, the problem, which I don't intend to divulge, is quite a clever twist.

It's an enjoyable read, even though she is resurrecting old story lines. However, she has done that before with some of her other trilogies e.g. The Pagan Stone trilogy is very similar to The Key of Knowledge trilogy.

NR has also made an historical bloomer in Chapter 1. Potatoes were not introduced into Europe from the Americas until approximately 16C. So Sorcha and her children would not be eating them in Ireland in 13C.

1.0 out of 5 stars Book, 26 Dec 2013
Couldn't get into this at all. Loved her Broomsboro Trilogy and wrongly thought would be similar. May try again sometime but disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great return to what she does best!!!, 11 Nov 2013
L. Carter (Leighton Buzzard, Beds, UK) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this novel,and I look forward to others in the series,
The last few years I had felt that Noras novels were missing substance and felt rushed. Therefore I stopped rushing to buy every novel she put out, and carefully screened them before hand, or waited till they were cheap, as I knew they were going to be a let down compared to previous novels that I have liked, like 3 sister Trilogy, Dream trilogy and Quinn bros etc....
This novel, while similar, which i do not have a problem with, I felt was well researched and the characters allowed to develop.
I will be now looking out for the next in the series and i hope for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars compelling reading, 24 Jan 2014
Mrs. T. Lee - See all my reviews
just what I expect from Nora would definetly buy again. Arrived early and in very good condition. Can't wait for the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars bewitching, 5 Dec 2013
another triumph for nora roberts. love all of her books, but particularly the fantasy ones, cant wait for the next one.