5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best spikeless shoe out there
Like a lot of people I was very wary of buying golf shoes online. And more so in the case of spikeless, trainer type golf shoes, as I have tried on a lot and found many to be uncomfortable or not to my foot shape.

Published 12 months ago by Peter Kirby

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortabley tight
Even with a thin sock the shoes are tight all over making them somewhat uncomfortable after several hours wear .
Published 1 month ago by W M Huxtable

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best spikeless shoe out there, 31 July 2013

I should say first that I have a pair of Ecco 2011 era shoes and they have been good, and very useful for practice and range work but became less comfortable over a whole 18 holes.

These Ashworth shoes are completely different. From the first time I put them on they fitted really well and just felt like a good, well made shoe. You know how some trainers or deck shoes just feel right. Well these did.

I have played several rounds now straight off without wearing them in. And it feels like I am wearing a high quality walking shoe, not a street golf shoe or a pair of trainers. The closest I can come to is my old cross country running shoes of 25 years ago.

Given the other reviews of these shoes I do not think I am just lucky. Ashworth seem to know how to make these. They also claim a 2 year waterproof promise. I am sure I will be testing that as I am likely to carry on wearing these until the slippiest of conditions in the winter.

I have since bought a second pair in the blue/black canvas and they feel just the same.

Glad I trusted Amazon reviews and gave these a go. Suggest you do too!

Update to my original review: have now worn these shoes continuously in all conditions, including light icing. They are remarkably stable and retain their grip. They also do not seem to pick up light icing in their soles so you do not end up walking on half an inch of ice and with soft or metal spikes. Great in the wet, only had one instance of a slip in thick mud, but think all shoes would have done that.

I am sure this is not recommended, but I also put the black canvas topped pair, I subsequently bought, in the washing machine on a cool wash. Not sure it did the washing machine much good, but the shoes came out as new! And I cannot fault them waterproof wise.

I have used normal brown leather polish on the first pair to make them look better and they still are waterproof.

Really good shoes, better by far than shoes I used to willingly pay twice the price.

Second Update: 16th Feb 2014

Both pairs are still going strong. The brown tan leather version still looks good and hardly a stain on them despite some very harsh treatment and a lot of wet conditions. Other golfers are amazed how much grip I get from them in all conditions. I have now started using Nikwax Leather and fabric spray on them as I was not convinced the normal leather polish was helping. Much better.

As for the black fabric pair they are still great and good as new. Been in the washing machine many time now with no change in properties. Also using the Nikwax spray as it help to repel the dirt and reduce the frequency of washing.

I am wearing these shoes 2/3 times a week for 18 holes or practice and they are not losing any looks or performance. Cannot rate them more highly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortabley tight, 4 Jun 2014
Laces are stretched across top and shoe is buckling and will possibly crack after a short time .Toes are right to the end of shoe with nothing to spare. Not easy to put on as tightness tends to crumple socks adding to discomfort .I also think that during recent wet weather they leaked around the toe area after walking in wet grass .

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 16 July 2013
These golf shoes are awesome iv played in the rain and they heat and they have been fabulous in both very stylish too

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 July 2014
Quality of the product seems absolutely fine. My problem however is that i require a wider fitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Golf Shoes, 26 Jun 2014
Whenever you get a great pair of shoes you know within seconds of putting them on. That's how it was with these Ashworths. They fit like gloves for feet!- so lightweight yet beautifully made and smart. They grip the ground well too. This is quality. If you are between sizes, as I am, it's probably better to go to the size higher - they won't be too loose. If you want a pair of great golf shoes, without the screw-in spikes, these tick the boxes. Ideal for a summer game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable shoe, 6 Jun 2014
Nice light shoe . Good grip while playing golf. Tight fit size-wise compared to normal shoe. Have to wear thin socks instead of normal golf socks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as Older Stile, 12 May 2014
These shoes are Ok but not as comfortable as the old style Cardiff . If you have a good product why change it for the worst

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of Shoes, 7 May 2014
Got to say I have bought so many different types of golf shoes (the cheap ones) and found none of them were just right.
I thought pay out a bit more for quality and you get what you pay for. These shoes fit comfy and I have just played my first round today and my feet are feeling fine and so is my back. Just remember if you are a size, say 10 buy 11 as the sizes can be confusing ie they are on the tight side if you buy the size you think you are. always buy one size up and hopefully you wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit like a glove, 5 May 2014
The most comfortable pair of golf shoes I have ever had. I bought a size bigger than I usually do having read other reviews and they fit perfectly. I have worn them in all weather conditions and so far they are fully waterproof, they also provide excellent grip. I have worn them to and from the golf club...so handy. I would highly recommend this product and what a bargain at just under 50. I saw the 2014 version for sale recently at La Cala golf shop in Spain for 111Euro!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars golf shoe, 1 May 2014
product & service excellent, very comfortable dry & secure under foot delighted with the shoes would buy again in the future