on 7 October 2013
The battery works in the Olympus charger and displays the charge remaining on my E-M1. Fit in the camera and grip is good. However, the battery supplied was not as pictured in the first two seller photos, rated at 7.6V but as shown in the third photo, rated 7.2V. Battery life on the two copies I purchased seems to be around 300 shots.

For the money, OK.
on 25 June 2013
Having relied on this as a backup a handful of times now I can say that it does not last quite as long as the official Olympus battery. It has also, on occasion given a low battery readout randomly that is corrected by turning the camera on and off again to refresh the readout. I also found that when stored with a little juice left in it over a few days it would discharge to empty.

Despite all this I think these are great value for money and on those occasions when you're sure you'll be running down the official Olympus battery you can charge one of these in preparation and be sure that it'll see you through the rest of the day.

I'm buying a second one, mad not to at this price!
on 23 June 2013
I've bought a number of Ex-Pro batteries for different cameras and they've all performed well. In day to day shooting i've not noticed any difference in performance to the OEM versions. This is no different and at near a fifth of the cost of the original is a good buy.
on 21 June 2013
Charges in the Olympus battery charger, and seems to give about the same life in the camera as the original Olympus BLN-1, and for around a fifth of the price: So far so good, but time will tell if it has the same longevity as the original.
on 11 October 2013
Unlike previous BLN-1 'copies' this one really is chipped properly and can be charged in the Olympus charger. So you don't need to think whcih charger shall I get out this time. I've always found Ex-Pro batteries etc well made and good value. This follows in that mode. Shame that Olympus and the other OEMs overprice their 'originals' to such a great extent.
on 5 April 2013
I used 3 of these batteries and my original Olympus battery a lot in the last 3 weeks. The Olympus battery was also new as I bought my OM-D and these batteries new for a trip to Peru,
replacing my trusty E-P1.

As usual I numbered all my batteries sequentially and used and recharged them in order. They have all been through 5 cycles now, and so far I have noticed no performance difference between these batteries and the original Olympus battery.

I also found no major difference between the Ex-pro charger and the Olympus charger before my trip, so took the former as it is more compact and I was backpacking light.

As part of an Olympus OM-D promo I just received in the post an extra free Olympus battery and 45mm lens, but I'll sell the Olympus battery, as the Ex-pro batteries are fine so far.
on 12 August 2014
Sadly I have to rate these rather low; compared to the battery that the Olympus omd EM-5 came with (the olympus battery) the charge storage of these batteries is rather poor.
With the Olympus battery, I get several days worth of usage, but with this battery a get a day's usage, tops.
That said, I didn't rate it two stars because the price was so good. In terms of cost per time of usage I would say that due to the Olympus battery being so expensive to buy spares, that buying several of this would be cheaper and would get you more run time than a single olympus branded battery; the only drawback being having to cart around extra batteries, and change them more frequently.
Another good point is that it works with the olympus charger, of course, so there is less expense in that department as well.
on 14 October 2013
These batteries are great. I have had several Panasonic and Olympus cameras in the last few years, always ordered one of these as back-up and they are virtually indistinguishable from the makers' branded ones, at a fraction of the cost. Excellent working capacity and shelf life. Can't rate them highly enough.
on 20 July 2013
It works which is a good starting point - It charges fine (so far) in the original Olympus charger and it's a lot cheaper than an original Olympus one - Marked down as I can only seem to get around 250 shots from it when fully charged. That siad, it's great to have as a spare :-)
on 27 May 2013
Fast delivery.
The battery has white label as the third picture on the left, where shows the 7.2V.
It charges in oly charger without any problem in about 4 - 4.30 hours.
Always charged when it's completely down, so i don't know about memory.
Left overnight.. no overheating or bad smell.
The battery spy of my omd works perfectly.
Just used few times and seems have the same performance as oly battery..
Right now I'm pretty ok with it and really hope it will stand the same performance in future.
If so I'll not hesitate to purchase again from Ex-pro.

See one answered question