5.0 out of 5 stars Great muti-purpose tool.
I bought this to use as an emersion blender for making soups and we use it for so much more. We bought this one because the hand blender portion has a metal blade and so many have a plastic one.

Published 15 months ago by Jessica Branch

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
2.0 out of 5 stars over rated item dont live up to the hype
over rated item dont live up to the hype poor
Published 4 months ago by L. Harris

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great muti-purpose tool., 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Philips HR1618/91 Viva Collection Hand Blender, 650 Watt - Black (Kitchen & Home)

Right around the same time that we bought it, our stand mixer decided to have a nap and not turn back on, so when we were making all our Christmas Puddings we used the whisk, it worked really well, but it is a bit fast even on the slowest setting for some baking. It's ideal for making whipped cream!! My husband always used to dread when he would get mashed potato duty, but now he doesn't mind as he puts the potato mashed attachment on and he can easily mash potatoes quickly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, powerful and easy to use, 13 Feb. 2014
Bought this for the Mrs to make smoothies and soups. She definitely gets good use out of it, and the one time I tried it out, I was surprised by how utterly powerful it is. At full power this thing is like a little rocket. It's also much quieter than I expected.

It looses a star for the substandard popato masher, which is almost all plastic. The plastic 'blade' broke off the driving shaft after less than a minute of use. Luckily, I could superglue it back together and it continues to hold... for now.

The rest of it is really very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars hand blender, 7 Jun. 2013
very pleased with this Philips blender,sturdy,and easy to use,love the potatoe blender bit.. A very good price,compared to others,would recommened this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful little system, 28 Jan. 2014
D. Mclaughlin (UK, London) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a christmas present for my mother. She has arthritis and has trouble maintaining a good grip on items.
I was a litle concerned at first but for no real reason. She haas beenusing this everyday to make fresh juice drinksand mashing/chopping her vegetables. I made some smoothies with it over christmas. Smashes its way through everything.
Nice attachemtns for making soup and mash also a nice whisk for mixing up batters etc.

Nice powerful little system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Aug. 2013
The masher works very well, perfect mash every time - healthier as you dont need to use as much butter. All round, good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars good alround, 9 Jan. 2014
early days yet but seem"s to do everything well so far, chopper is great, i use it for making colslow,
would recamend, the variable speed is a great idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent combination, 28 April 2014
S. Duncan "SED" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This provides a really good collection of kitchen tools, from whisk, to blender, to chopper and to potato masher. It also comes with a useful jug with a tight lid. The multiple speed settings make it excellent for any job I have tried so far. This is by far the best of its kind that I have had to date - I think this is my fourth over 35 years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and useful, 17 Feb. 2014
Unfortunately I don't have much to compare this to, I bought it for a family member and she has been telling me that it's really good.
I've sampled mashed potatoes that were made with this hand blender and they were, indeed, excellently done.
So far it gets almost daily use and I haven't heard any complaints about it.
I did a tiny bit of research, having never owned anything like this before, and this Hand Blender stood out for it's cost, build quality and amount of attachments that actually work properly. It does seem the most versatile of the blenders I could find and this seems to be reflected by happy faces when it's used.
I'm afraid I can't offer more than that but if you have questions about the product, please feel free to ask and I can try to get answers back for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars working quite well after a nearly a year, 31 Jan. 2015
I've been using this every couple days since I bought it on 18 Feb 2014 to replace my Kenwood set that I had. It's got the whisk, the stick blender attachment, the masher and the chopper. I do have to say I was disappointed with the size of the chopper, It was a bit on the smaller side compared to my kenwood. There are settings on this depending on how strong you want it to blend, 1-10 and I mainly use setting 2 which is quite strong itself. There's also a turbo button. Even tho it does say it's dishwasher safe The only bit i would put in the dishwasher are the jugs. I've learned my lesson from the kenwood model after the whisk attachment started to 'leak' grease onto everything. Its easy to wash anyway. I have to also mention that when you're using the chopper the lid doesn't actually click into place, it's quite loose so you have to keep the weight of the hand control down on it if that makes any sense.

4.0 out of 5 stars ALMOST PERFECT, 14 April 2014
Bought it to replace the old 80w stick blender which I dropped and shattered. Wife not best pleased. I like Philips products so bought this one as a replacement. It certainly works very well and we use it a lot for soups and salsas, plus the odd creme brulee. The masher unit makes great ultra-smooth mash - when it works - and the reason for the dropped star. It would seem that you have to boil the living daylights out of the potatoes for it to work. Third use and a blade on the masher paddle broke, with the other blade showing stress marks. Have just ordered a replacement paddle from the Philips UK Distributor who currently do not have any in stock. Wonder why? I agreed to order two replacements to save on postage costs. Maybe I should have tried the superglue ploy as mentioned before? Must confess that even if the masher proves a no-go in the future we still love the rest of the product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›