on 12 February 2011
My 88 year old Mother has problems with recurring UTI Infections. A delay in over 1 week, in getting a urine sample analysis result back from the doctors, allowed a severe infection to become established and my Mother being too weak to get out of bed....
After discussing how to prevent this happening again, with my Mothers Community Matron, I purchased these test strips. They give an easy way to identify that a UTI infection (Or other abnormality) is present, so that prompt advice and treatment can be administered...

The test is simple to perform.... The test strip is dipped in the urine sample. The "dipped" stick is then compared against a colour chart which is provided on the container... After about 30 to 60 seconds any abnormality can be seen by identifying the colour changes from the "normal" base colours. An instruction leaflet is provided in the pack but a discussion with a trained medical person, as to what abnormalities to look for, depending on the medical problem you wish to monitor, is essential.. Prompt treatment for the condition can then be prescribed by the appropriate medical professional...
11 comment|211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2013
The strips showed my dog had a urine infection. Took him to the vet for meds. I don't have to get up at 3am now to let him out... I thought it was his age !
on 10 March 2011
As a retired Community Nurse,I have been used to handling Urinalysis sticks a lot.I was really pleased to find that they are available so quickly through Amazon, as they are a really useful tool to highlight a possible urine infection.
on 31 January 2013
Always keep these in my 'veterinary cupboard'. Have 5 dogs and 2 cats. Easy read out for checking urine, much cheaper than taking a sample to the vets. Always found then very accurate.
on 22 August 2013
These could prove to be a life saver in the long run.. If nothing else, the sticks are reassuring checks, but I find that they do highlight warnings of irregularities that are worth talking to a GP about.
on 16 August 2013
I use these mainly to test urine ph and ketones. They work a treat, are very easy to use and to read the results. Will definitely buy them again.
on 2 October 2015
In terms of functionality and results great. Environmentally there could be a better way to design to minimise plastic use. Until I find some other that works well with less impact these are my choice.
on 26 February 2014
I would highly recommend this product to anyone , ideal and accurate way to keep a personal check without having to firstly consult or bother Doctors ,would also think ideal product for family's with children and old alike.
on 2 August 2013
come in handy for checking your own urine if you suffer kidney probs and uti,s as i do alot handy to have in the home
on 2 May 2012
Not sure why people say these are hard to use - they are dead simple and very easy indeed. I suffer from gout so like to monitor my ph levels which indicate acid or alkaline discharge and help me adjust my lifestyle to prevent a gout attack. Worth every penny and again, dead easy to use.