5.0 out of 5 stars Class act
Does everything it says on the tin very well,best cold weather base layer available.Buy 1 size larger than ur norm though as they are a tight fit and 1 size up will fit you perfect.Itook this advise and it fits perfect.Lifa and merino,great combo even better than merino only and much cheaper.Dont know about £55 rrp but if you can get it cheaper a v-good buy indeed..
Published on 13 Nov 2010 by johntmma

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for cold days
This product was not as warm as I had hoped for but is good enough for slightly chilly days. It is fairly good for warmish days wicking away the sweat though.
Published 12 months ago by Geoffrey John Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Class act, 13 Nov 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Put Quite Simply - Brilliant., 14 Aug 2014
Simply the best top of its type I own. I can't speak highly enough of it. I have around seven tops from three other leading competitors, a few that are very slightly cheaper and a couple that are more expensive... This top grabs those other tops, laughs at them and then uses them for dish cloths.
The Helly Hansen Warm Freeze kept me warm on the Cairngorns in winter and warm in Sweeden where I was Nordic Skiing... In both situations others with me who had different makes on got cold, I didn't. It was great as a single layer when I cycled from John O Groats to Lands End, and was awesome when I ran in a very muddy and wet Adventure Race. I have two of these now. Tough as boots, comfy, looks good, warm when wet and has lasted extremely well being abused walking with rucksacks, crawling through mud etc. This one, and the no zip version are my tops of choice and I will be buying it again. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top in tops, 4 Nov 2011
I will be getting at least another one of these as I don`t want to ever take it off because it is so good. It has kept me as warm as three t-shirts would, but this is far more comfortable, breathable and non sweaty. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic base layer, 8 Nov 2014
Fantastic base layer. The merino wool keeps you warm as toast. I walk in it and play golf in in it. When my playing partners are all wearing 3 layers including wind-stoppers I just have my base layer and a lambs wool pullover. I am trekking Kilimanjaro in January (2015) and I'm sure it will serve me well as my base layer on the mountain. Also got it on an offer so it was cheap so much so I bought 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cycle top for me, 9 Oct 2013
I choose this item for warmth and style. It's so comfortable to wear and washes well. There is nothing I dislike about the top and I have already recommended it to my family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very nice top, 4 Sep 2013
Mr. A. P. Bryant (UK) - See all my reviews
I do a lot of winter photography, so getting the combination of clothes in cold conditions is a must. I have a good fleece and just got a North Face Nuptse 2 down Jacket(I was using a Gelit last year), I just wanted to sort out a good base layer. After ALOT of research and recommendations from people at work, the Helly Hansen was the one to get.

I'm a well built 6ft 4inch chap, so I went for a XXL size. It fits spot on for me, the length and arm length is great and its NOT tight, but figure hugging as its supposed to be.

VERY happy with the top.

I'm even thinking about getting the Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Warm Pant for £42 to complete my clothing set up for this up and coming winter

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and functionality, 10 April 2013
I now have four of these Helly Hansen warm freeze tops in different colours. I previously bought Craft baselayers and was very happy with them until I bought my first Warm Freeze and I have hardly worn my Craft baselayers since. The quality is superb and although the merino outer layer is bonded to a synthetic Lifa inner layer there are none of the odours that are so often associated with synthetic baselayers after a day of physical exercise. The tops run slightly small compared to my Craft baselayers so I had to move up from L to XL (I'm 195cm tall with a 110 cm chest) but the arms and back are long enough for my 6ft 5" frame and the neck fits very neatly (I normaly wear a 16.5 neck in a shirt) . During the past couple of very cold, dry months here in Scotland I have worn this top plus a gillet while running or cycling and have never felt cold plus any sweat just seems to disappear. Very highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable & Warm, 30 Jan 2012
The Helly Hansen 'Lifa Warm' top, is a well made garment to be expected from the Helly Hansen range. You certainly notice the difference from the HH 'Lifa Dry' when it comes to warmth, this makes the perfect cold weather base layer. No sweating due its breathability, and no prolems with washing as long as you dont wash over 40c - it is wool after all! As for size, get a size larger than you would for the 'Life Dry' range, I use a Medium in 'Lifa Dry', and found this top in Large to be the same snug feel that i am comortable with - only exception is that this will not stretch as much, not a problems for me, but if youre larger then you may need a 2 size difference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 7 Jan 2012
As my Occupation involves a significant amount of outdoor work I found this a great piece of clothing, like most Base Layers it is quite a tight fit so be careful on the sizing & attempt a fitting first in order to get it right, Overal very impressed with HH Warm Freeze & recommend to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for cold days, 15 Dec 2013