on 19 February 2013
This book had me laughing so hard I couldn't see through my tears. The situations she created were so well written you could imagine yourself there. The writing is more in the style of a modern romance but this did not distract from my enjoyment. It is an easy read that can be finished in a night and is brilliant for relaxing with a glass of wine after a hard day at work. I will defiantly be looking out for other books by this author and getting them. I strongly recommend it to anyone who likes situation comedy as well as romance.
on 8 February 2013
This is a nice book ,full of humour, if you don't take the historical setting seriously its an enjoyable read
on 7 February 2013
I agree with the previous reviewer that the language of this story is inappropriate of the time and the subplots are ridiculous and beyond comprehension. "Eggplant" is an American or Australian term, "ginormous" (a word I detest) was first known to have been used around 1948, not to mention "already" which is more commonly used as an American colloquialism. These are just some of the pitfalls of this tale.
When you are first introduced to Penelope she comes across as a twelve year old and not someone of marriageable age. I must admit I was bored in the first couple of chapters and had to will myself to persevere. However by chapter 5 the storyline started to take off. Penelope's and Charles's antagonistic relationship was endearing and at times funny, but it was through this relationship I could find the charm of this book.
on 11 February 2013
Honestly this book made me laugh out loud! Wonderful and funny! Didn't happen to notice the context for period as just enjoying a cute romance novel :)
on 3 March 2013
I enjoyed this book immensely and found myself laughing out loud several times, Something I rarely do. Although I am not sure the 'Ton' would have put up with Penelope's madcap adventures in real life this is fiction and as such a rollicking romp of fantasy and well worth the read. I look forward to more by this author. Hopefully very soon. A book to sit and devour in one sitting with a glass of wine. Highly recommended.
on 3 June 2013
Wonderful light hearted a pleasure to read the funny bits made me laugh the sad bits made me cry in fact this book pulled at all my emotions it may not have been historically correct but then
it was such a good read it did not matter cannot wait to read more from this author
on 9 June 2013
This book had me belly laughing right from the off, nit what I expected from a romance. I am looking for other books from this author I enjoyed reading this one so much. She has a way of making you feel at time when you least expect it.
on 31 May 2013
Refreshing and original. Great characters, well drawn. This is a lovely story well told without the need to resort to pages of repetitive, explicit sexual encounters. I laughed and cried and thoroughly enjoyed this romp.
on 13 June 2013
The storyline had me laughing and tearing up! Loveable characters which were painted so well by the author that I had a fabulous picture all the way through. Would make a fab film but until then a great read.
on 18 June 2013
This book was exactly what it promised to be - a Madcap Regency Romance. The characters are largely likeable - even the gruff and surly duke. There's definitely an element of exaggeration and 'poetic license', but it all serves to make the tale more amusing.

I don't believe the author set out to accurately depict the era, or that she was aiming for true period authenticity, but rather to use the 'Pride and Prejudice' period as a setting for a witty tale. In this she succeeded very well indeed.

Can recommend this as a light hearted, uncomplicated read.