5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Perfect mix. Person I bought it for loved it. Delivery time was speedy too. Different to their older ones but that's the way it goes in my opinion
Published 1 month ago by T.Hughes

2.0 out of 5 stars What the **** happened?!
I just have to firstly say how puzzled and amazed I am at the people reviewing this album so positively. Compared to Anjunabeats Vol.8 (the most recent triumph in the series) this is like a Ministry of Sound compilation, full of high pitched repetitive tedious synth melodies reminiscent of 'pop' acts such as Swedish House Mafia and David Guetta - there just isn't any...
Published 16 months ago by J. Woodford

2.0 out of 5 stars Driving Me Round The Pitchbend, 7 Mar 2013
Alan "carrd2" (Stafford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume 10 (Audio CD)
I was exceptionally disappointed with the previous couple of Anjunabeats offerings and I was fearful in purchasing Volume 10 that we would be given much of the same. Sadly in most cases, the general trend towards electro spoil has continued with a vengeance, perhaps not surprisingly. I know I've gone on about this before, but why do so many artists insist on putting long and loud pitchbend noises into their songs? In some cases, a potentially good song has been ruined by the inclusion of a horrendous pitchbend. Jaytech, who I am a huge fan of, has really let me down with Inception. Pitchbend City, I'd have called it. Then, having nearly got through CD1, just as I despair, Ost & Meyer's track 'Here We Go' gives us the inverse pitchbend, i.e. from high to low... variation? No, just more noise I'm afraid.
This said, it's not all bad. CD1 isn't brilliant compared to most previous Anjunabeats albums. But there are some decent songs thrown in; perhaps not surprisingly, by and large, the ones that don't have pitchbends in them. I like tracks 2 and 3 by Soundprank and Sunny Lax; a throwback to the more traditional dreamy-house era of Anjunabeats CD 1's. The album is OK up to Jaytech's track, which is when the more electro stuff starts, stuff that I just don't get on with. Track 10 by Ronski Speed et al is the only decent track in amongst the rest of this CD, in my opinion.
Unfortunately, CD2 doesn't get off to a much better start. The first taste of trance appears in track 3 by Genix, although of course, complete with complimentary pitchbend and electro-style intro and outro, but overall it's a decent track. However, track 4 is truly horrible, which again is really disappointing given how incredible Nitrous Oxide's solo album is. The rest of the album continues along the same lines and is not a patch on older Anjunabeats quality, in my opinion. Many of the tracks have some cracking melodies and great ideas, but are simply spoilt by NOISE or rough bassy sounds. The best track on the second CD is again by Ronski Speed; even this has a light electro undertone, but the melody is as catchy as anything and stands out for me. Arty's 'Believe in Me' is also ok.
But overall it's not good. Worryingly, it's not as if the album is littered with new artists; the old trance maestro's like Nitrous Oxide, Oliver Smith and A&B themselves have now gone all out electro. Is this where the money is these days? Because I find it difficult to believe that they prefer this sort of music.
I suppose I have to accept this is the new Anjunabeats style. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean others shouldn't (although it seems from other reviews, many others agree too). I just can't help feeling that it simply isn't as good as it used to be. I've seen A&B live a couple of times, and I remember being blown away by stunning, quality trance stormers. You couldn't pay me to go into a club to listen to this style of "music," at least not without a pair of ear defenders.
In all seriousness, this is a real shame and a very sad finale to what I think will be my last Anjunabeats purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Accusing someone else of being new to the trance genre just because they like this release, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume 10 (Audio CD)
Geez there are some snobs on here. Accusing someone else of being new to the trance genre just because they like this release. Or thinking that because they do mixes in their bedroom they are an authority on the genre. How up your own arse can you get?

For the record, I don't like release number 10. I bought this at the same time as number 05, and whilst CD2 of 05 is one of the best they've done, CD1 of 05 is flat boring and repetitive. I think number 10 is more like CD2 of 05 but doesn't flow as well. I'm sure that the right mixes of these tracks in the right order would be much better, Some are saying it's more akin to house, but sorry, I just can't see (or hear!) that. Every music genre evolves in some way, and there's no right or wrong direction, only a direction that you like. I used to listen to AVB religiously until he became too mainstream. If that happens to A&B I'll move onto someone else, and not sit around moaning about it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 May 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Listening to this reminds..., 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume 10 (Audio CD)
...me of the time many years ago when I played Robert Miles' Children to my Mum. After she had heard it I asked her: "What do you think?" She replied, "Ummm....it's rather a lot of noise isn't it?"

And I couldn't think of a better way to sum up this dreadfully dissapointing complilation.

Perhaps the producers had nothing better to put on this but the quality of the tracks is far below anything previously released. To boot nearly all of it sounds like the sort of music you would hear from Judge Jules circa 2001, all little silly bits and not enough solid outstanding dance music which is what one typically associated any Anjunabeats album with.

Hopefully Volume 11 will signal a return to form...

5.0 out of 5 stars Above and Beyond do it again, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume 10 (Audio CD)
Another classic mix from above and beyond. If you liked the previous mixes then you'll love this one. Lots of uplifting tracks perfectly mixed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual Anjunabeats, 1 Aug 2013
Not bad, not brilliant. Something new. Some good tracks. Sounds similar to the preview so I recommend you try it then if you like buy. I've bought other Anjunabeats and although I have never been dissapointed some albums are better than others. Rate this just above the average.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing album as always, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume 10 (Audio CD)
Tune after tune you wouldnt expect anything less from them!! They are the gods of trance! If you love above and beyond you will love this

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the other reviewers, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume 10 (Audio CD)
I don't get what the other reviewers are on about. So the sound of this volume is a bit different than what we're usually used to on the Anjunabeats series but it's a welcome change. The varied selection of sounds makes for a more interesting listen and the punchier beats will make you wanna turn up the volume, plus there is enough of the usual melodic anthems to not make you forget that this is an anjunabeats album afterall!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent compilation by the boys, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume 10 (Audio CD)
Took a little while to grow on me but it's as good as the other mixes from Above & Beyond

4.0 out of 5 stars Some more great tunes from Anjunabeats., 17 April 2013
This review is from: Anjunabeats Volume 10 (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of all the Anjunabeats volumes and own them all. I listen to them a lot when running. The first disk has some of my favourite tunes as I haven't quite warmed to the second disk yet.

Anjunabeats Volume 10
Anjunabeats Volume 10 by Above & Beyond (Audio CD - 2013)