5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!
Fantastic to have a new UK DECAY album. Amazing production, Fabulous rhythmics! We want an album every year now please!
Published 11 months ago by louie

2.0 out of 5 stars no hope, I'm afraid
Published 10 months ago by andywilliam

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 2 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Uk Decay "New Hope for the dead ", 23 April 2013
This review is from: New Hope for the Dead (Audio CD)
I've only read about this band as being a big influence on a lot of new music I like and I can understand after listening to the album why that they don't really fit any musical category. The songs that are instantly memorable, "Killer ", " Shake Em Up ", "Next Generation ", heavy guitar , great bass and drums, it is the best CD I've heard in a long long time. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars More than the best "punk " album in 30 years ?, 5 May 2013
This review is from: New Hope for the Dead (Audio CD)
Had this album a week and have played it non stop , stared at the brilliant cover (by an Italian artist Franko B ) and scoured the lyrics , it's riddled with great lines and meaning. I don't know if it is punk , but perhaps where punk would have gone if it retained some of its integrity.
End of the day its about the music I saw the reviews after buying it and didn't really like many of the bands this was compared to ,but it's sort of in a category of it's own . It's an all in brilliant record but I don't know where to file it , so I'll just keep playing it , I'm about to order the vinyl too , anybody know anything else like this ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 12 July 2013
This review is from: New Hope for the Dead (Audio CD)
Don't expect things to be as they were 30 years ago because we all move on in time! But this is good ...and worth a punt if your open minded... The vinyl is a lovely package too!

5.0 out of 5 stars UKDK....worth the 30 year wait, 30 April 2013
M. Clayton (Lancashire,England) - See all my reviews
DRINK. Play that track very loud. Awesome. The first six tracks, brilliant.Heavy,deep,angry... Then a slight lull, a drop in power and pace, then the conclusion...DRINK.Did I mention it was awesome? There are several Uk Decays. Black Cat days (Why not release ALL of that ep, not just Black Cat itself? Does not Middle of the Road Man PASTE that? Yes,it does!)Then Madmen Days( Last in the House of Flames....Wow!) Now Heavy Metal Jews days. All distinct, all timeless,all great. I'm sad for those yet to lay ears on the band,because they haven't had the pleasure of hearing them yet. I'm also envious, for the same reason. Lovers of music...buy this latest release....I hope UKDK are writing the next one as I write...Ps. If you haven't got it yet...search for Death,So Fatal, the album of early stuff including Car Crash and other amazing tracks that never made it to the record shops...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 27 April 2013
S. Vizard "bonzi" (great britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Hope for the Dead (Audio CD)
Great album. Really like this. I just recommend you buy it. I followed uk decay when they first started and loved the music they have produced through the years. I wasnt dissapointed with the new album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw and fresh, 26 April 2013
This review is from: New Hope for the Dead (Audio CD)
My older brother is a fan of this band so I decided to give it a go. In a world of over produced, synthetic music what a refreshing change to here a real band at their best. Lets hope it's a start of a revolution cause these guys rock!

2.0 out of 5 stars no hope, I'm afraid, 27 May 2013
Oh no.
In 1982, after acquiring the small but unsurpassed array of UK Decay records, I was there at 'A night for celebration' - their farewell gig. And since then, across 31 years, though my music taste has deepened and diversified, I've found it still fair to say that their repertoire has stayed unsurpassed - until now. Whatever possessed UK Decay to start up again, it sure wasn't inspiration. Musically, there are one or two traces of the old magic, and a couple of half-decent songs, 'This city is a cage' and 'Revolutionary love song'. However, some truly embarrassing workouts counterbalance this - 'Woman with a black heart' and 'Drink'. In general, the songs are generic, uninspired rock. Abbo sings nowhere near as distinctively as he used to, and if these are his lyrics and it took him 3 decades to devise them - boo!

Feb. 2014 postscript:
After all the rhapsodising reviews, I must be missing something, right? Wrong. I've just listened to this again, willing myself to love it. But... I was right to begin with. It's so BORING. What the hell is the point of 'All the faces in History'? In fact, what's the point of most of it? Occasionally, there is a little swirl from Spon of a delicious guitar dynamic, but mostly it's plodding, pounding, dullness. The only song that might make it onto a record from the classic era is 'Rev. love song', and the operative word here is 'might'.

5.0 out of 5 stars QUALITY PACKAGE, 13 May 2013
Received the vinyl copy today, and it does not disappoint. The album cover is in this satin like embossed finish called oil painted varnish. I looked on their web site and it says this is a first in album cover production. It's well worth it and replicates Franco Bs great artwork. It's just awesome and ominous and it looks like a great deal of thought has gone into the making of it. The vinyl is a weighty virgin 120 gram and is audiophile quality, a testament to the production by Chris Tsangerides and the excellent mastering. Say what you like about UK Decay, but they care about their music, their product and their fans alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars bollocks to the narrow minded few that are still stuck in the 80s, 11 April 2014
This review is from: New Hope for the Dead (Audio CD)
Excellent album... this is a band that have progressed and still remain original... great lyrics and arrangements... If this was the follow up to ' For madmen only' all those years ago I would not have been disappointed; the fact that it was released in 2013 makes it even more special! Still the same attitude!!! Go for it!

ARRAY(0xad0de384)

New Hope for the Dead
New Hope for the Dead by UK Decay (Audio CD - 2013)