‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter (DIY & Tools)
Researched this and it seemed the best out there for the money
Easy to use and made short work of my bushes. Needed something that cut thicker branches and this it did.
Only problem was that I found it heavy, but I'm a 66 year old woman and 5 ' 2" tall so may be easier for younger fitter folk

4.0 out of 5 stars Really does what it says!, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter (DIY & Tools)
Having read all the reviews and Which report I chose this hedge cutter and it is as described. My 15x2x1metre hawthorn hedge took less than 2 hours to trim (it used to take that each side) and managed some 2-3 cm branches. Gets rather heavy holding it high for any length of time (I'm 58 year old lady) but does the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars but otherwise I am happy once again with the quality and performance of Bosch, 7 Aug 2014
Melanie Campbell - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter (DIY & Tools)
I bought this hedge cutter to replace the Bosch AHS 48-16. I find this new model much lighter (not light, but lighter) and easier to manoevre. With a bit of persistence I used it to cut an overgrown beech/hawthorn/briar hedge back to normality without too much difficulty.

I gave it four stars because I do find the power button a bit slow on the uptake and sometimes it takes me a couple of attempts before it runs. I do wish there was a permanent power on button rather than having to manually control the power constantly which can be tough on old hands, but otherwise I am happy once again with the quality and performance of Bosch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter (DIY & Tools)
Bouight this after reading a few reviews on it and the negative ones in my opinion are fare fetched and exagerated.. Works very well, quiet, not too heavy, nice blade length and cauts through some pretty thick branches (more of a gnawing motion than anything else) but nonetheless gets through them. I have a 10 foot high four foot wide 15ft long hedge, overgrown since it's last trim last year - and it did the job pretty effortlessly!! Things about cover not fitting are also a myth - u r putting it on the wrong way round..

*Great piece of kit*

Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts like it's going through butter, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter (DIY & Tools)
This is about the best hedge cutter I have ever purchased. Very fast a 3 hour Job done in half the time.
I still have to clear the cuttings up though.I'll have to think of getting a garden vacuum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hedges don't stand a chance, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter (DIY & Tools)
Light and easy to use. Cut through our laurel and holly bush with ease - although took a bit of effort on getting through some of the thicker branches about 1in thick (but then that's to be expected).

Was a little uncertain about this because of some of the private reviews on Which? but I'm glad I made the choice for this after reading some of the reviews on Amazon. I certainly think it's a very effective piece of gardening equipment and the cost is quite reasonable for what you're getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the business, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter (DIY & Tools)
I spent an afternoon researching Which? site and various others. This is a great tool and I am so happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Bosch product!, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter (DIY & Tools)
Great machine, easy to use and very efficient. Not too heavy. Long cord which is helpful. Better than others I have used.

5.0 out of 5 stars This hedge trimmer is awesome. It's got really wide gaps between the teeth ..., 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter (DIY & Tools)
This hedge trimmer is awesome. It's got really wide gaps between the teeth so it can cut through branches up to about an inch wide without complaint. It feels really well made like most other Bosch products do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bosch ahs50. -26, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter (DIY & Tools)
So far very pleased with it but could not find how to register the guarantee.please let me know how to register
Thanks