on 13 May 2013
I used this today for the first time. I am pleased to be able to write this is a very decent product for the cost. As in every device we purchase there are positives and negatives. The positives outweigh the negatives in this case and that makes this a sound purchase.
In relation to cameras I tend to purchase high quality brands like canon etc and used the legria camcorder for some times two years back. I was not really impressed with the canon so when I saw this at the price I thought it must be of a poor standard. I did my homework as far as possible and found the Samsung has some very very good reviews. I was sceptical as I am not a fan of buying this end of the market preferring quality items from trusted brands who specialise in their given area. Samsung didn't spring to mind when thinking about camcorders. Surprise!
Initial reactions where it was cheap and felt cheap, its light and looks manufactured to a given budget. I compared it side by side with most other brands and can write that the Samsung does hold its own at this price range and considering the specification knocks other present brands out of the game.
Still sceptical I used it today and found the touch screen very good indeed. problem with all these darn screens is one cannot truly see them well enough in sunlight to tell what on earth one is filming or even judge the quality of the image, its all rather hit and miss!
Arrived home and down loaded the clips and I am highly relived to write they are truly amazing. Far better than the Two year old canon of the same type of device. The weight of the Samsung is a plus also a negative. it is no problem to hold it all day as it weighs so little this also proves a problem when zooming to the maximum, the image picks up every movement one makes with ones hands. Quality of picture at max zoom is again incredible considering the cost of this camera.
Colour reproduction is great and the pin sharp imagine of outdoor clips is very pleasing including water pictures such as the pool, water being one of the most difficult things to photograph or film.
Now, even in the slightest wind the microphone is so darn sensitive it sounds like a hurricane was blowing on replay. No idea why they made the mic' so sensitive but.... Indoors is fine but caution it records ones breathing!
The general consensus in reviews is at the price range there is nothing to beat it. I would agree with that. I am very surprised how well this budget camera functions. To be honest I opened the box and packaging with great care expecting to return this after its first use. I can now place the box away as I shall certainly be keeping it.
The specs speak for themselves so I will not bore you with a long list of what this camera does. Needless to write it is crammed with an awful lot of goodies that only last year would have cost a great deal more in a middle range camera.
This is my initial review I will add to this as time passes and with further use. So far 5 stars from me!
Purchase with confidence especially at this incredible price range.
on 19 June 2013
This product is awful. The ridiculously slow auto-focus renders anything but static capture from a tripod, almost impossible, and a touch screen that rarely works at all, prefering to load whatever icon you have crossed!