5.0 out of 5 stars .Adam Now.
Published 1 month ago by SF

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressed Ant Fan
Sorry, Adam (Stuart).
Unfortunately, this album seems to have poor production values, but has the same qualities as the 2 recent stage shows/concerts I've been to.

Published 20 months ago by The Original B Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars .Adam Now., 24 Oct 2014
I was a little hesitant about buying this album as it had been given a lot of hype by Adam and having looked on YouTube for some indication of what it was about I didn't want to be disappointed. I waited until all the hype was over and gave it a punt. All that I can say is that I wish that I had gone for it before. I remember Adam from Dirk through Kings and then through what I consider a gradual decline. The Friend or Foe and Vive Le Rock albums showed a lot of promise though. As we all know, he has gone through his share of ups and downs and this obviously affected his song writing ability (be it problems with record companies or his personal life. Good to see that he is in a good place now though). So what is this album all about. It is about where he left off when he was really hitting it and he has come back with a bang...!!! When you look at his back catalogue, he is so versatile and this album seems to encapsulate it all. There are no re-visits to old styles (well maybe a little nod to his Dirk days) but he has done it again in re-creating himself. Cool Zombie is a cool track, completely Adam today and my personal favorite track of the album 'Shrink' can hold its own against any of the aggressive 'attitude' grunge metal that is out there today. Vince Taylor is a typical Adam swagger. Not bad for someone who is approaching 60...!!! There are some fillers on the album but what these are are going to be down to personal taste. Of the 17 tracks on the album I think he could have whittled it down to about 11 and come back with an absolute classic. Instead he has a quantity here whereby it would be difficult to fully appreciate EVERY track. On first hearing I must admit that I was a little disappointed but having given it a 2nd. 3rd, 4th go I can appreciate that it is Adam NOW and as such is not only an amazing comeback, but can also stand up on its own. Not many albums of this quality are around today and to me it was much more enjoyable in the context of itself rather than looking for a re-visit to what we have already heard in his heyday. This is Adam Ant NOW, the current chapter in the musical output of someone who really gives his all passionately and can quite easily be considered a genius (if you doubt that, listen to Dirk and remember that it was about 35 years ago amid 3 chord punk and consider the complexity of the compositions, along with the lyrics and subject matter. Way, way ahead of its time). This Album is well worth the money on picking up where you left off. Adam, Welcome back it has been far too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars At his Best!, 28 Mar 2013
I've never bought an Adam Ant record in my life till I heard a track from this on Jools Holland at New Year.
Had to buy this, the new style and his new band are brilliant, one of the best albums I've heard in ages ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure Trove!!!, 22 Jan 2013
I'm a huge fan of Adam Ant which immediately makes me a little biased I suppose. The Ants were my introduction to music in 79/80 - my first musical love and that naturally gives them a special place in my appreciation of music. My tastes have broadened wildly since then but those formative years never go away. I've seen Adam perform live on numerous occasions since his return to the stage over the past few years. I've watched him grow in confidence and ability and it's been a pleasure to witness his return to form. However, like many, I awaited this release with anxious anticipation. I'm grateful to say that my fears have been allayed and my hopes exceeded. Adam has always been unique, difficult to pigeonhole, and thankfully nothing has changed.

This album doesn't have a 'Prince Charming' or a 'Stand And Deliver' because they were never what Adam was truly about. It's much more akin to the 'Dirk Wears White Sox' album. It's raw and gutteral. With this album he has acknowledged his past (indeed many of these tracks were born in the late 70's) and embraced the present - his present. What we get is something retro yet fresh. A mixed bag that somehow comes together as a unified whole. This album will offer surprises on repeated listens. Lyrically and sonically there are treasures a-plenty to be discovered. It's bold, unpretentious and takes no prisoners. Adam has not only returned to music...he has come out fighting.

5.0 out of 5 stars ADAM IS BACK, 2 Feb 2013
After nearly 20 years adam ant is back with this fantastic new album,but be warned, if you're expecting a highly polished and radio friendly pop album then you wont be happy.
This album has a heavy and dirty feel to it, some of the tracks have a slightly rough n ready feel to them which i personally love,a lot like the early misfits.
Ive just listened to the whole album for the first time and of the 16 tracks there are only a couple of so so ones, and more than a few outstanding ones, keep an open mind and buy this album now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ant is Back!, 15 May 2013
Having seen Adam perform live twice in the last year, it's fantastic to see him back on form and doing what he's best at. Still a dynamic performer with a back catalogue full of great tunes and it's great he's writing more.
This album takes a few listens to grab you but then don't all the best ones? It's a very diverse album with parts sounding like Dirk-era recordings or early demos but from the evidence of this big collection of songs, Adam is still bubbling with creativity. There has been some criticism regarding the low-fi quality of some of the songs. I don't find this a problem as it adds to the rawness of the music although Adam's vocals are too low in the mix on a couple of tracks.
Like all of his albums, this has it's fair share of great songs such as Cool Zombie, Shrink, the title track, Cradle Your Hatred, Sausage...

4.0 out of 5 stars A big suprise, 5 Feb 2013
Of all the possible come back albums that Adam could have made (after a 17-year gap since the excellent Wonderful), this is the last thing I would have expected. Spiritually, it has more in common with his punk days and the 'Dirk wears white sox' album than anything else from the Prince Charming/Kings of the Wild Frontiers era, although, to be honest, it really stands on its own and isn't truly like anything he has done before.

It has a very stripped back approach and is deliberately under produced, almost as if he and his band just turned up at the studio and started jamming. I am happy with this approach generally, but, on occasion, it can mean that his trademark vocals get buried. It is an album that does not make an immediate impact and it does take a few listens to get into the flow. But persevere and you will find some hidden gems.

So in conclusion, this is one of the most original and refreshingly different albums I have heard in a long time. Welcome back Adam.

5.0 out of 5 stars fANTastic!, 26 Jan 2013
I have been a Adam Ant fan for 30 years now and have been waiting anxiously for the release of this album and boy was it worth the wait! Even on the 1st listen the music sounded great, and I have played it over and over and it just gets better every time. I am going to order the vinyl very soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's going to grow and grow, 23 Jan 2013
At first listen there are stand out tracks that you "get" straight away. Then there are those that you're not quite sure of but at the back of your mind you know they will be your favourites after a few more listens. Agree with the comments about some tracks having a raw feel but other's are well produced so there's obviously a reason why Ad's done this (rather than not being bothered). I read somewhere that he wanted to produce a live album that leant itself to record so that may explain why some of the tracks sound like they do. Maybe he should have presented it as a single album of the stronger tracks with a bonus disk of the others but then maybe not as that wouldn't have been half as interesting. Who really cares as it's new Ant material for the first time in 17 years. Sounds like nothing else you'll hear but can't wait to get back in the car and listen to it again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome return, 21 Jan 2013
Great to see new material from Adam ant after a 17 year wait. Not an easy first listen to be honest but it grows and grows with each listen. It's a compilation of all ant styles with production values of early dirk album. Some stand out tracks for me are shrink, bu******, Vince Taylor, and darlin boy, but keep finding things to admire the more I play it. If the production on some tracks had been better it would have been 5 stars but can't complain about new material and looking forward to hearing them played live. Welcome back mr Ant - nothing else like this out there.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressed Ant Fan, 1 April 2013
Sorry, Adam (Stuart).

I'm an Ant Fan from the 80s, have all of the albums on vinyl & CD. Sadly, I think Adam is being ill-advised by sycophants out to make money for themselves from his name & fame. Bring back Marco & drummers that can do the stick work for Antmuzic.