Colour Name: Gunmetal|Change

on 18 April 2014
I purchased these headphones from another UK retailer as they were out of stock at the time.

Pros:
> Amazing fit and comfort, they do not hurt after a while and they do go 'around' your ear and do not squash it.
> Great sound, they aren't bass heavy and provide a clear overall sound.
> VERY high build quality, they feel very premium and are also very strong and feel like they would not be easily broken.
> Great cable, doesn't seem to tangle and the buttons have a very clear click and also has a L shaped connector.
> Very nice pouch included which, from the looks of it, seems to be water resistant, great touch.

Cons:
> There are no clicks on the headphone adjustment, so can be a bit wonky if put on quickly.
> Replacement 3 button cables are very tricky to find so if the included one breaks, you might have to end up buying a one button replacement
> The connections on the sound engines are quite stiff, so could be damaged if pushed in to hard.

So, overall, these are the best headphones I have ever owned, and they are definitely worth what you are paying for! They also sound a bit better but feel a lot more comfortable than the cheaper SOL Republic Tracks and Tracks HD.
on 23 August 2014
These are a great pair of headphones with good sound quality. However the cable has broken twice now and SOL Republic has refused to replace them despite them being covered by a warranty, they do sell replacement cables online for a ridiculous price so this is a little suspicious.

While these are a good pair of headphones I would advice against getting them due to their apparent propensity to break and poor customer service.
on 2 December 2015
The sound quality was good at first. After 6 months there was a strong rattling in the left that only got worse after a few weeks. Then the right headphone just stopped working. I was within my warranty and got a replacement and the same thing happened! I'm about 6 months in and I am starting to hear the rattling! If you read the reviews on Amazon, you'll see a lot of other people experienced the same problem. These headphones are really expensive pieces of crap! DO NOT BUY!

The reason I simply cannot give this product anymore than a 1 star rating is because my comment above is a copy and paste of another persons critical review......and its exactly the same experience that i had, which solidifies that this is not a one off occurence, but a flaw with the build itself. Fantastic headphone in all aspects and definitely sounds like it should cost double its price.......buts what does that matter if it only lasts 6 months?
on 10 August 2015
I bought these as I didn't want to pay over £100 for a set of headphones, as I'm quite clumsy.

After reading some reviews, I was a bit scared as a few people were saying about poor build quality.
I'm not going to lie, I've dropped them and pulled the wires a few times already and still working perfectly.

The sound quality is great. I listen to a lot of hip hop, as well as funk, some rock and a lot of electronic music too - I couldn't be happier.
They also leak very little sound when about at 75% volume, as well as muting a lot of incoming sound too.

Would give 5 star, but after about 1-2 hours of wearing them they become a bit uncomfortable.
on 5 December 2013
Just awesome!!! Recommend it to everybody looking for Head-phones.
Bass, Treble, comfort wearing. Everything just perfect!

Only inconvenient is that it is made only for Apple products.
That means that some functions may not work. For example, the controller does not entirely work.

Comment from an ex-Beats Dr Dre user.
on 25 April 2015
These headphones are great, they have awesome sound and sound cancellation and they are very nicely built.
The only problem for me with these are that I have already gone through one pair of these and it was quite a short life aswell, one day one of the "sound engines" just stopped working. This time around a similar thing happened except that the port in the engine has become faulty. The only reason I can think of for this to happen is when I accidentally yank the wire or get it caught on something.
So my advice is that if you are someone that regularly gets the cable caught on something then these will have a very short life span.
on 7 December 2015
The sound quality of these headphones are good, and I would like to say I'm very happy with them, however, I'm now on my third pair of headphones. I had to keep replacing the units under warranty because the sound would randomly go on one side, which I suspect is to do with poor material choice for the cable/sockets.

Granted I was removing the cables and taking the headset apart twice a day for carrying around, but as the headset is built/designed to do that, you wouldn't expect them to fail if you choose to use a feature built into them.

3/5 stars
on 25 November 2015
So good! I do get some funny looks when I put them together in public but they block everyone out so it doesn't really matter haha
They are comfy but after a while you can feel the weight and need some adjustment but overall not too heavy
on 16 July 2015
absolutely love love love them, brilliant sound quality, noise cancellation is on point and they're cheaper than Beats so what's not to love?
on 29 August 2014
Great quality for the price