on 10 November 2014
I just received it and I'm very disappointed. There is a hole in the seam and the stomach has been sewn upside down. And there is a brown stain on the white. I wanted to offer this cushion as a birthday present but I'm gonna have to send it back, and I don't know if I'm gonna order another one again because I don't trust this product anymore.
review image
on 15 March 2014
I got this as a birthday present and I love it! It is a good, big size and really soft and squishy. A great product for a Totoro fan!
Apparently it took a while to arrive but then it did come all the way from Asia, so that's to be expected.
on 10 January 2016
"Thanks, it's nice," said the relative. I was hoping she would love it but she had gone onto bigger, better anime and Totoro was no longer a favourite.

What made it worse was that I'd spent several hours fixing it. There were a few light brown stains on the inside pillow around a small jagged hole. The pillow is made of a fibrous material that rips a bit like home-made paper. I couldn't wash out the stains so cut them off and sewed it up. I hadn't returned it because 1) I thought it would be a quick and easy job 2) a replacement wouldn't have come in time for the occasion.

The outer cover is plush and neatly sewn. There was just one loose end that I was able to sew back into the eye. It's smaller than a pillow but rather comfy as a cushion or just to hug. The ex-Totoro fan did warm to it by the end of the day and carried it around so it wasn't too disappointing I chose the wrong character.

I doubt the inner pillow will last many washes before it needs to be replaced but it's a fun present for under a tenner for a Totoro fan.
review image review image
on 29 April 2013
Bought this for my girlfriend who loves totoro. I judge an item by its reaction to the customer and the giant hug I got from her and the huge, huge smile speak for this item in more ways than I can ever say!
on 20 March 2014
I was expecting just the cover, so was really impressed when it came with a pillow inside of it. Well made velvet like material.
Just right for any Totoro fan
on 30 December 2014
Ordered this in November as a Christmas present for my sister who is a big Studio Ghibli fan, and it arrived within one month as promised, on Saturday December 20th. At the time it was priced at £8.40 plus £3.99 post and packaging from Hong Kong.

It looks exactly like the image displayed, and the fabric is really soft and smooth. Appears to be very well made, aside from the odd lose thread here and there around the embroidery. These were purely superficial and were easily be snipped off, though I needn't have bothered. The pillowcase is removable, and the pillow inside is wonderfully plump and comfortable. It's almost the size of your average bed pillow.

Anyway, when my sister opened it on Christmas morning, she was absolutely thrilled with it! And now I'm somewhat jealous and considering ordering a second one for myself...
on 10 July 2014
Very good quality - lovely soft fabric. cover comes off for washing which we didnt expect so very pleased.
on 15 July 2014
Love this pillow case came with nice pillow inside as well realy soft this is a great product
on 4 February 2016
Bought this as a birthday present for my daughter's best friend. I was really impressed with the quality of the material and the pillow was actually very comfortable. Daughter was sorely tempted to keep it for herself, but luckily friendship won and her BFF got her birthday present after all!
on 27 December 2014
The pillow took a long time to arrive.
The quality of the stitching is poor, and the accenting stitching not lined up well over the pieces. Furthermore the shipping back was quite weak, and ripped in transit, resulting in the pillow being quite dirty.

See one answered question