on 15 January 2014
Bought as a gift for someone who wanted to do more than just point and shoot. I had looked at a bridge camera for sometime not realising how versatile they are. Highly recommended if you want to be able to alter setting and not be tied to automatic settings.
on 23 June 2013
This camera is a delight to use. The range of options are fantastic but it needs a great deal of practice to become proficient. Am looking forward to spending many happy hours experimenting. Would recommend this camera to anyone who wants the capabilities of a SLR without having carrying all the different lenses. If you find the new small cameras hard to handle as I do this may be the one for you.
on 29 October 2014
I love photography and decided on a bridge camera and this was the one I chose!
What can I say it is absolutely brilliant!! The quality of the images is flawless and it's so easy to use. It has a decent weight to it as well so its not too heavy. I am so delighted with this camera and never really considered my pictures worth anything until I got this and it has actually gave me the confidence to make a Facebook page and maybe even start a hobby club.

Definitely recommend this to beginner photographers.
on 7 April 2014
This is a great little camera for the money and takes great photos, with lots of possible settings for the more skilful amateur photographer whilst not being too complicated for even the most amateur user to use. Very lightweight and delivery, packaging etc., was good and prompt.
on 17 August 2014
It was immaculately presented and worked fine the first use but has developed a fault after using the lens cap. The camera will now no longer accurately acknowledge whether the lens cap is in place or not and consequently will not work.
on 13 January 2014
Great value for money with features normally found on much more expensive cameras. Supplied with CD with all operating instructions and advice on how to take advantage of all features.
on 1 September 2014
lOVELY CAMERA, COMFY TO HOLD, AND A DREAM TO USE!!IT WOULD BE SERVED BETTER IF THERE WERE MORE WRITTEN DIRECTIONS AS TO IT`S USE HOWEVER........as the assumption is that everyone has the capacity to download the supplied disc to glean information as to the camera`s use.....and unfortunately, I happen to be one of those who has`nt got the means to do so !therefor will call on a friend.................but the camera is super, and what bit I have picked up by "playing" with the settings without the gleaned disc imfo, has proved very satisfactory ! The zoom is particularly good !!!!!
on 24 August 2013
I purchased this camera thinking that an higher magnification zoom would be helpful with my bird photography. I was wrong though for the following reasons.
At maximum zoom it struggles to find the correct focus.
There is no viewfinder so on bright days it is hard to see the image screen.
Unless the day is bright then there is not enough light getting through the lens to get any speed due to low aperture on lens.
At high zoom it is hard to hold the camera steady so you need a tripod attached.
I should have known from the price that this is not the usual high quality build of a Lumix DMC, and I feel that this has been brought onto the market in a hurry to compete with other high zoom cameras recently released by Cannon and the likes.
I wish that they had waited longer and produced Panasonics usual quality. I know, because I have had three DMX before this one and they have all been excellent. I have kept the camera only to record shots of birds at a distance. In good light the photos may help for recognition purposes, but will not be of very good quality I fear.
For the main I will go back to my Lumix DMC FZ100........now there you have a camera which is superb.
on 2 October 2013
To start, This camera isn't to be underestimated by any means. When you first start off, like all panasonic cameras, the menu is instantly recognisable, which to those of you who have used the menu system before, there is no waiting around in becoming creative and experimenting with creative filters and full manual functions etc. Even if you haven't used the menu or other panasonic camera products, it won't matter as you will pick it up almost instantly. Aside the software elements, the IA (intelligent auto) mode will allow you to use this camera like a point and shoot for fast, high detailed no hassle shots. Now the absolute key "WOW" factor, That zoom, capable of up to x35 optical zoom is an outstanding tool for you to use whether your on holiday or casually walking in the english country side as it gives you an edge over smaller cameras but also DSLR's which might be limited by size but also limited by the higher price tag of telephoto lens. The only way to really appreciate it, is to buy one.

For a full unboxing & overview, Please head over to my YouTube channel "HenPortMedia" where you can see for yourself the zooming capability.

Link: http://youtu.be/AmB-KF9QiQQ

I hope this has been informative.

Laurence
on 29 November 2013
Pictures are good the bigger lens makes a big difference. Would have received 5 stars if it came with a decent Li-ion battery.