Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 July 2013
For me this stuff is time travel to an era where people actually play REAL instruments.By that I mean Horns and strings and lay down what a muscian friend reminded me as a GROOVE!
It uplifts my spirit during the day as the original vibe is alive in the music.
If the sun is up at the same time then you really cant go wrong. What more can I say?
on 6 September 2013
I'm not a funk or 70s expert so this is one of the few albums of this genre that I have. Bought on impulse, but I don't regret it. It's a nice addition. I think the title overstates it, but it is 70s funk. I wouldn't call all the tracks party tracks at all though, so if you're looking for a genuine stick on at a party funk album, I don't recommend this. However I like all the tracks, to varying degrees and I frequently listen to it.
on 5 November 2013
A really good Cd . i only bought it for one track that i knew and was over the moon that the whole cd is filled with classics.
on 10 January 2014
The product was as described and meet my expectations so happy to recommend to anyone else who may be considering
on 15 October 2014
Ok maybe not EVERY track is serious funk but boy are the ones that are, very serious indeed. Funkay! When the non funk tracks are as good as 'Home is Where the Hatred Is' you're onto a winner. Got this at the weekend and its constantly on in the car....the office...at home.

Had some already like Jimmy Castor but to now have Bernard Purdie 'Soul Drums' and several other gems is a dream come true
on 16 June 2015
Top stuff and top value but beware if you are buying it for the classic jimmy castor track as it has the horn intro edited off. So not the album version as stated in notes. Strange.
on 9 June 2015
Always love Backbeats compilations - except this time. Pity you can't play tracks before buying, this is one I would have left.
on 27 March 2015
FLAWLESS! DELIGHTED WITH MY PURCHASE - GR8 VALUE - PROMPT DELIVERY - 5 STAR!!
on 30 March 2015
Received promptly, item as described & expected. Excellent price.
on 10 May 2015
Puts you in the mood to party, great compilation!