4.0 out of 5 stars Backbeat Paaaaaarty time
For me this stuff is time travel to an era where people actually play REAL instruments.By that I mean Horns and strings and lay down what a muscian friend reminded me as a GROOVE!
It uplifts my spirit during the day as the original vibe is alive in the music.
If the sun is up at the same time then you really cant go wrong. What more can I say?
Published 12 months ago by Black Uberman

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it says on the tin serious Funk.
If you are into the serious side of Funk then this is for you, not sure I would call the Esther Philips track funky though, this one lifted from the Kudu album from a whisper to a scream,an excellent track never the less and will grow on you over the years believe you me. Not entirely my cup of tea but some good tracks.

Chris G
Published 14 months ago by Normal Norman

4.0 out of 5 stars Backbeat Paaaaaarty time, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Backbeats: Paaaarty Time - Serious Funk From The 70s (Audio CD)
It uplifts my spirit during the day as the original vibe is alive in the music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Class Cd and cheap as chips., 5 Nov 2013
A really good Cd . i only bought it for one track that i knew and was over the moon that the whole cd is filled with classics.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, 10 Jan 2014
The product was as described and meet my expectations so happy to recommend to anyone else who may be considering

4.0 out of 5 stars Varied funk, 6 Sep 2013
I'm not a funk or 70s expert so this is one of the few albums of this genre that I have. Bought on impulse, but I don't regret it. It's a nice addition. I think the title overstates it, but it is 70s funk. I wouldn't call all the tracks party tracks at all though, so if you're looking for a genuine stick on at a party funk album, I don't recommend this. However I like all the tracks, to varying degrees and I frequently listen to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Paaaarty for Funk, 20 Aug 2013
I enjoyed this CD - some enjoyable old Funk masters on this CD. Gotta play this on my own as the wife is non to keen on the Funk Genre:(. She'll never understand us Funksters

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it says on the tin serious Funk., 22 May 2013

Chris G

Backbeats: Paaaarty Time - Serious Funk From The 70s
Backbeats: Paaaarty Time - Serious Funk From The 70s by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2013)