5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't have asked for more
If you're already a fan of Mesh, then I guess you know what to expect here. All I can say is that it's right up there with everything they have done before quality wise.
Great beats, great vocals, great lyrics, great synth - just great songs all round.
Mesh may well be the most consistently good Synthpop band out there.

I have no idea how they are...
Published 12 months ago by Blitzwing85

3.0 out of 5 stars Despite being a long term fan....
I cannot give this album five stars. To my ears there is just something that does not click about this album,not been able to put my finger on it and for the first time find myself reaching for the earlier albums instead of the new one ,which is just a bit too "Euro pop" for my liking. At many points in the album it is as though they are trying almost too...
Published 1 month ago by hugh thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't have asked for more, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Automation Baby (Audio CD)
Mesh may well be the most consistently good Synthpop band out there.

I have no idea how they are not known to a wider audience. I've been a huge fan of this genre for years and also of the harsher EBM genre but I only found out about Mesh very recently!!
I've since got all their albums because quite simply they have went from unknown to top 3 favorite bands ever.

They just know how to write a brilliant songs. No need to say any more. If you like this genre, there really is no conceivable way you could dislike this CD in my opinion.

And to make things even better, I've just found out about them just in time to catch them during their tour. Lucky!!

5.0 out of 5 stars That's Perfection Baby!, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Automation Baby (Audio CD)
I must declare from the off that I have been a massive fan of Mesh for many a long year, and had an expectation for what Mesh would produce this time around.

When the album came out, it blew me away, taking the best parts of their career so far, but including some modern influences too. After 2 weeks of having this album and playing it almost endlessly on repeat since (even to the exclusion of Depeche Mode's Delta Machine, which I have managed to play once since it came out) this album just continues to deliver!

This is Mesh at the peak of their career (I swear this is probably the 4th album where I have said that), strong lyrics, strong melodies, not a duff song in the whole set and a genuinely moving song as the finale...

My only reservation is how Mesh can actually top this (I've said that several times too!). It's a shame Amazon only give us 5 stars to rate this with, as 5 barely does the album justice.

If you've never tried Mesh before, Automation Baby is the excuse you needed, and us fellow mesh fans look forwarding to welcoming you to the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Automation Baby (Audio CD)
Fantastic album from the start to the end! My favourites are Born to Lie, Just Leave us alone, You couldn't see this coming, Automation Baby, and Flawless.... I Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Delta Machine, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Automation Baby (Audio CD)
A band that is so outstanding but yet hardly known in the UK, but having sold out gigs in Germany. If you don't know Mesh yet, it's about time. This album is amazing and having seen Mesh live recently, I can't encourage you enough to buy this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars What Delta Machine should of sounded like, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Automation Baby (MP3 Download)
Absoulty awesome album, best album of the year so far.
The last album was good, but fair play to the Bristol boys, they've taken it to the next level :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 31 Mar 2013
Mr.Colin (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Automation Baby (Audio CD)
Another brilliant album by this classic duo from Bristol, UK.
These guys always put out quality product.
Really great collection of kick-arse tracks from start to finish.
Some amazing keyboard work, with personal highlight being Track 6 at the 3min 35sec mark. (You'll understand when you hear it).
Do yourself a favour. Buy the album, throw it on, turn up the volume and knock yourself out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 31 Mar 2013
Mr.Colin (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
Another brilliant album by this classic duo from Bristol, UK.
These guys always put out quality product.
Really great collection of kick-arse tracks from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Automation Baby (Audio CD)
On first listen this album was prety good, but after 3 listens it is absolutely fantastic. Mesh at their best.

Another great band who for reasons unknown never seem to hit the big time. Perhaps they need to their sell their souls to the RnB / premier league footballer demons or Satan Cowell. Please don't though Mesh, keep doing what you do.

Stand out tunes - "This is the time" and "You want what's owed to you".

5.0 out of 5 stars Depeche Mode on steroids, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Automation Baby (Audio CD)
Foot tapper s galore this is a great album again only 1 track not too keen on but all round superb

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't see this coming!, 5 Jun 2013
In the summer of 2001, mesh released my all time favourite album "Who Watches Over Me?" (see:Who Watches Over Me). Personally, their next two albums "We Collide" and "A Perfect Solution" had both high and low points but did not reach the overall brilliance of WWOM. Maybe they had peaked. I didn't like the direction they had taken over the last decade with greater prominence of guitar sounds at the expense of their electro roots, and didn't think that would be reversed. Still a huge fan though, I duly ordered the limited edition of "Automation Baby" more in hope than expectation. The single "Born to Lie" was their best-ever single (see:Born To Lie), but I'd fallen for that before with pre-album singles turning out to be far superior than the albums that followed ("Crash" and "Only Better" cases in point). The remixed "An Alternative Solution" was more to my taste.
Well, I didn't see this coming! I have been playing these two discs continuously, and I now officially have a new favourite album of all time! From the brilliant opening tracks of "Just Leave Us Alone" and "Taken For Granted" right through to the moving final track "You Couldn't See This Coming", this is a flawless album. "Taken For Granted" is a really powerful track, changing half way through from a DM Violator period stomper to not unlike latter day Take That (I know...) with multiple layered harmonies of 'take me far away...' to fadeout. Exceptional.
They haven't gone back to that 2001 sound, but have evolved into something better, seemingly taking the best bits and turning everything up to 11. It's also a bit strange that their familiar themes of failing relationships has largely gone, replaced with songs in the main about life today.
A mention for the bonus disc. There's a couple of tracks here that I generally skip (the two acoustic guitar tracks - why?), but there are a couple of real gems here - "On.Anon" is the best electro dance track they have ever released, and "Airkraft" is simply brilliant! Also, "Perfect Idea of Beauty" includes the best Kraftwerk like sounds since, well Kraftwerk. Shame it isn't longer.
They have plenty of choice here for the next single. I can't wait to get my next fix.

ARRAY(0xa0f4c768)

Automation Baby
Automation Baby by Mesh (Audio CD - 2013)