1,007 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works.
This stuff is great. My wife and I use it on ourselves and our four children and none have us have burnt in the last three years of summer holidays. It is great to be able to relax and not have to worry about the kids burning when they come out of the pool or are playing on the beach as it does not rub off like sun creams do.
We all apply it in the morning after...
Published on 25 Mar. 2008 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but rather over priced!
It is good and up to a degree, it does work. But it's very expensive for the convenience of having to re-apply. We were in high temperatures on holiday and my partner got his forehead quite burned, having trusted P20. It had worked for the entire morning, but I would definately advise to re-apply by late lunch!
Published on 2 Sept. 2009 by Viv J

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works., 25 Mar. 2008
We all apply it in the morning after washing helping each other with the can't reach areas, wait 15 minutes for it to soak in and then get dressed, then you can forget about it and not worry about burning.
It is a bit more expensive than other sun creams but if you try this product, as my wife and I were first advised to do by a barman in Lanzerote, you will use it all the time.
It is sold the perfume shops of most resorts and sometimes you can get it cheaper there.
I strongly advise anyone with kids or burns easily to buy some of this and use it on your next holiday or day out in the sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing product!, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF20 Sunscreen 200ml (Personal Care)
I have used P20 for the last 4 summer holidays and am always really pleased with it. I have fair skin which is prone to burning but this product gives me all day protection and the confidence not to worry. Yes it has a funny alcohol smell when it is applied but once dry that disappears, no other product offers the same protection. The only place your skin will burn is where it has not been applied.
delivery was very very slow however which was very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 9 Sept. 2013
P20 does what it says on the box. Used for over 5 years now, wouldn't even think of using anything else. Yes it takes 15 mins to dry but who cares? 15 minutes for 10 hours with no re application is worth it. The smell goes away quickly too. No faffing about with having to reapply after swimming, just sit back and relax. It does stain white clothing, but there's a simple answer to this...buy cheap black tshirts - who wears their best clothes to the beach anyway?!
It is expensive but you only need 2 bottles for a 2 week holiday and...you're on holiday - who really cares if it's a bit more expensive!?
One word of warning though - make sure you trust whoever applies it to your back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 2 Jan. 2014
I have skin cancer and use this product in New Zealand where we have pracitically no ozone layer. I can now go out all day and not have to worry about getting sunburnt : )

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never use another sun lotion, 22 Oct. 2014
I have been using P20 for over 5 years and would not change. I love that you apply once in the morning before leaving the room, leave it a short time to soak in, dress and then forget about it! You do not have to reapply during the day, no matter how many times you go for a swim, or how much you sweat! Although more expensive than your regular sun lotions, as you only apply once rather than every 2 hours/after swimming it works out a lot cheaper and weighs less for baggage allowances. I also get a lovely even tan through P20 that lasts until long after I have returned.

As others have said, the lotion does have quite a chemical smell when you apply although this quickly disappears once the lotion has soaked in, and I would not recommend wearing white clothing straight after application as the lotion can tint clothes with a slight yellowness (although I have found that this comes out after a thorough wash once home)

I don't use P20 on my face as I found that if it got into my eyes through sweating etc it stings and made my eyes water for the day. I therefore buy a little bottle of a regular lotion to use on my face, but find it easy to reapply lotion to this one easy area through the day.

Everyone I have recommended this product to has continued to use it, and a red head I went on holiday with this year commented that this was the first time ever she has been able to lie out in the sun for extended periods without burning and went home with a tan. I find I need 1 x 200ml bottle per 6 days whilst away, and therefore purchased 4 bottles for the 2 week holiday I took with my partner this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 31 Aug. 2012
I bought this product for my holiday in Croatia and I must admit I was a little bit sceptical about it. My skin is quite sensitive and I usually get burnt quite easily. I spent 12 days in Croatia and trust me, it was sunny and very hot every day. I applied the P20 every morning about 20 minutes before I went out. It is not thick so the application is very easy, and it doesn't leave your skin greasy either. The single application was enough to protect my skin from burning the whole day, even when swimming several times. After the 12 days I was very happy with the colour of my skin, no burns, nice brown(it had never happened before). I strongly recommend this product, totally worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our sunscreen of choice for holidays, 28 July 2014
Brains (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I generally love this product, but I have a couple of reservations about it.

First of all, you must must must make sure you cover yourself effectively, and the product instructions recommend a second application on day 1. If you miss any small part of your body, you will get severely burned. The product is yellow at first, but dries clear, leaving a slightly oily film for an hour or so until it soaks in completely/washes off a bit. This helps with effective application.

If you get this in your eyes, you will suffer streaming itching red eyes, so be very careful around the eye area especially with kids. I found that anti-histamine tablets and sunglasses helped reduce the sensation on a couple of occasions where I was not careful enough, or sweat washed it into my eyes before it had dried enough.

The benefit of this product is that it is highly effective at preventing sunburn when used correctly and really can be applied once a day, which is great for avoiding the hassle, worry, tears and baggage with traditional sunscreen products and lets the kids just get on and have fun.

This is a good price for this product. One bottle lasted 2 adults 2 days initially - covering full body, but you can make it last longer by wearing a shirt and you can apply it a bit thinner after the first couple of days. We used a little over 3 bottles for 2 adults over the course of 10 days.

4.0 out of 5 stars shame about the smell, 31 May 2012
I bought this for a wedding I attended recently, as I didn't want to keep reapplying creams throughout the day. This product is good, absolutely no residue is left after applying and it does offer protection- its rated a 3* for its UVA protectin by the governing body that rates suncreams and the like. Soltan is a 5*.
The only bad point is the smell. It does remind me of clothes that has been in storage for a long time. However, after half an hour you no longer smell like a musty coat. But its not pleasant to smell like that in the first place. My advice is to buy it, apply it, and wait half an hour before dressing. That, or buy ambre solaire.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Great White Can Tan, 12 May 2008
Pip (London, England UK) - See all my reviews
I was introduced to this whilst skiing in France, my nickname for the holiday was 'The Great White'. I'm so white I've even been called Casper the friendly ghost. Put this on and I came back tanned for the first time so was called a fraud! I'm so affected by the sun I normally catch fire, lobster pink or pure white no in between. I'm very fair skinned. I hate suncream I feel horrible and uncomfortable when using it, but this is different - its a searum - like oil, is easy to rub in and I tan and only need to apply once a day and can swim without reapplying, perfect for me. It would get 10 but it's expensive - perfection in this case comes at a price! Buy some you'll never use anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sun protection, 5 Jun. 2014
We've used this sun protection for all the family for about 5 years now and wouldn't trust anything else. We have never burned with it. It's an oil, and is best applied in the morning before you dress so that it doesn't go on your clothes.