5.0 out of 5 stars amazing product!
Published 18 months ago by marcw11

2.0 out of 5 stars leaky top
The product protects very good,I have used this for years,but now comes with a new top which when got hot in my bag leaked all over my bag ruining t shirt and other items will not be buying again.
Published 5 months ago by fred

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing product!, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF20 Sunscreen 200ml (Personal Care)
I have used P20 for the last 4 summer holidays and am always really pleased with it. I have fair skin which is prone to burning but this product gives me all day protection and the confidence not to worry. Yes it has a funny alcohol smell when it is applied but once dry that disappears, no other product offers the same protection. The only place your skin will burn is where it has not been applied.
delivery was very very slow however which was very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our sunscreen of choice for holidays, 28 July 2014
Brains (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I generally love this product, but I have a couple of reservations about it.

First of all, you must must must make sure you cover yourself effectively, and the product instructions recommend a second application on day 1. If you miss any small part of your body, you will get severely burned. The product is yellow at first, but dries clear, leaving a slightly oily film for an hour or so until it soaks in completely/washes off a bit. This helps with effective application.

If you get this in your eyes, you will suffer streaming itching red eyes, so be very careful around the eye area especially with kids. I found that anti-histamine tablets and sunglasses helped reduce the sensation on a couple of occasions where I was not careful enough, or sweat washed it into my eyes before it had dried enough.

The benefit of this product is that it is highly effective at preventing sunburn when used correctly and really can be applied once a day, which is great for avoiding the hassle, worry, tears and baggage with traditional sunscreen products and lets the kids just get on and have fun.

This is a good price for this product. One bottle lasted 2 adults 2 days initially - covering full body, but you can make it last longer by wearing a shirt and you can apply it a bit thinner after the first couple of days. We used a little over 3 bottles for 2 adults over the course of 10 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sun protection, 5 Jun 2014
We've used this sun protection for all the family for about 5 years now and wouldn't trust anything else. We have never burned with it. It's an oil, and is best applied in the morning before you dress so that it doesn't go on your clothes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 2 Jan 2014
I have skin cancer and use this product in New Zealand where we have pracitically no ozone layer. I can now go out all day and not have to worry about getting sunburnt : )

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never use another sun lotion, 22 Oct 2014
I have been using P20 for over 5 years and would not change. I love that you apply once in the morning before leaving the room, leave it a short time to soak in, dress and then forget about it! You do not have to reapply during the day, no matter how many times you go for a swim, or how much you sweat! Although more expensive than your regular sun lotions, as you only apply once rather than every 2 hours/after swimming it works out a lot cheaper and weighs less for baggage allowances. I also get a lovely even tan through P20 that lasts until long after I have returned.

As others have said, the lotion does have quite a chemical smell when you apply although this quickly disappears once the lotion has soaked in, and I would not recommend wearing white clothing straight after application as the lotion can tint clothes with a slight yellowness (although I have found that this comes out after a thorough wash once home)

I don't use P20 on my face as I found that if it got into my eyes through sweating etc it stings and made my eyes water for the day. I therefore buy a little bottle of a regular lotion to use on my face, but find it easy to reapply lotion to this one easy area through the day.

Everyone I have recommended this product to has continued to use it, and a red head I went on holiday with this year commented that this was the first time ever she has been able to lie out in the sun for extended periods without burning and went home with a tan. I find I need 1 x 200ml bottle per 6 days whilst away, and therefore purchased 4 bottles for the 2 week holiday I took with my partner this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sun lotion I've used, 6 Dec 2014
Mr. R. Betts "XtreamXTC" (Swindon, UK) - See all my reviews
I swear by this stuff. Both myself and my two young children are very fair haired and fair skinned, to the point I only have to dream of the sun and I wake up with sunburn!

Seriously though this stuff is amazing, I've now used it for two holidays (temperatures between 26-36oC) and the 'British summer' and have never got sunburn once. We would apply before breakfast then out in the sun for the whole day, between 6-8 hours. Never the need to re apply (apart from the odd spray on toes and face when they get a little dry)

Even this kids who would spend 3 hours in the pool never got burnt and that is without re-application. Of course read the label and follow the instructions if using in water, but I've never had a problem.

Easy to apply, is more like an oil than a cream but you don't feel greasy once its absorbed.

So yes it costs a lot, but you'll only need 1 bottle as opposed to 4 bottles of traditional sun cream which would cost just as much

I use the SPF20 on arms, neck, face (which are used to being exposed) and the SPF 50 on my legs, back/chest. - Kids always SPF50 to be on the safe side!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hubbys holiday taken care of, 11 May 2014
i bought this for my hubby as he hates having to apply cream all day, just used once gives him maximum protection, cheaper than high street shops

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 6 Jun 2014
Used it for years, cheapest I have paid for it. Service very fast and safe. Product is top quality as usual. Will carry on using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonder-oil, 18 Aug 2014
Mrs. R. S. Carton (UK) - See all my reviews
This stuff is wonderful. you MUST follow the instructions, liberally apply 30-60 minutes before going out in the sun (it takes this time to activate) and wait until it is totally dry before putting on any clothes - best thing to do is slap it on before you get dressed or have breakfast and wait for it to dry or it will stain your clothes, then forget about it! no need to reapply unless you really rub yourself with a towel hard. My whole family swears by this stuff and have been using it for years and years - its easier to get hold of now (so cheaper) and because you only use it once a day it lasts longer than other suncreams you keep applying. My dad (who is VERY fair and burns in English winter) uses the factor 20 with no problem - hey have now brought out 10, 15, 30 and 50 as well and also a spray bottle to make it easier to apply. I don't tend to use it on my face much as it can sting if it gets near your eyes or in cuts - I think it has alcohol in it. if you spill it on your stuff it stains but it will stop you burning without reapplying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soak up the sun, 7 Jun 2014
Had this product before and it is excellant.
Ideal for water sport people and those in and out of the water