on 13 October 2013
Usually in the morning if my face is a little puffy, I will put on this ice mask while I do my stomach crunches - I can do over a thousand now. It works wonders for me before I go to work to not only wake up my eyes but also to the puffiness around my eyes which so frequently hampers me.
88 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2014
This product was wonderfully relaxing when my eyes were feeling tired after a long day at the office. Not only did it cool my aching eyes, but it offered me a wonderful mask to wear that would conceal my secret identity when I ventured out later that night to fight crime, which was what I originally bought the mask for.

My only complaint would be that the version I received did not come with eyeholes, so during an epic battle with my nemesis--in a fight that would decide if the world would be ruled by good or evil--I was temporarily blinded. Luckily, the elastic string holding it to my head slipped out of the hole that held it in place, and the mask twanged off with an almighty snap, that slapped my nemesis across the face and knocked him into a fifty-storey building.

Because the mask left what I like to call 'warrior stripes' across my face and nose from the slightly sharp edges of it, my nemesis cowered at my feet before eventually leaping into a portal to escape my wrath.

By the time I returned to my lair, I was happy to see that my eyes looked bright and healthy after their cold compress. I was also pleased to find that the elastic easily reattached, and seems to have worn in to stop slapping people in the face. (Although, what a loss of a great weapon). Alas, the warrior stripes fade quite rapidly, but you can just put it back on to reapply them.

Overall, this is a good product for the price.
on 6 September 2013
It's a gel mask for your eyes. Works really well when you have a headache or just look really tired.
No more going to work with bags under your eyes and getting asked why you look so rubbish? You now don't need to explain to people that you spent all night watching b-list horror films, instead you can turn up to work looking like a super hero! (Note: Don't try to drive in these, they impede your sight and cops don't like super heroes showing them up)
Very seldom do I give a one star but I will put this under the category: '' Big mistake buys''.
1) First of all, it was too cheap, and there is always a reason why a product is very, very cheap. I can see the price has been up now by £1, most probably due to all the raves reviews.
2) The one I received had no holes for the eyes. The picture and description clearly states there are holes for the eyes,
3) It is tiny. It does not cover properly the eyes area, and of course, with no holes, you have to sit or lie down for ten minutes while you are using it , so no way to use it before going to work unless you want to get up earlier than usual (which is not my case).
4) The elastic band that is supposed to keep it in place is also very small, so it gives you a headache and makes it very uncomfortable to wear.

The one positive: it does get cool after a few hours in the fridge but what is the point if it does not cover properly?

I do not recommend this mask. Go for a more expensive one, one that is shown on an adult's face and not on a child's face as I have seen it advertised. I did not bother to return mine as I bought it for £1.99 but even so, it is even so, it is too expensive for a piece of cheaper than cheap stuff. It' s place? not the in fridge but the rubbish bin.
on 14 December 2015
Awful. I only ordered these because the picture shows eye holes. When the mask arrived it does not have the eye holes, making this a pointless purchase. Very misleading. I will be returning them immediately
on 8 April 2014
Mine arrived with the product stuck to the packaging so the print has all transferred and spoiled the mask anyway, though this wasn't the biggest issue with the product.
The sizing mean this has gone back to Amazon, the elastic strap is so small I'm not sure it would fit anyone other than a small child.
on 27 March 2014
Haven't used this yet but wasn't overly impressed with how it arrived – it was stuck to the card it was attached to so one side is now covered in paper and ink which I'm trying to soak off. The strap is really tight to get around my head properly and would be unbearable if I had a migraine, so am going to attach some elastic myself to the correct size as there are holes in the plastic. No doubt none of this will affect the way it works, though, and it arrived quickly.
on 11 May 2014
First thing to say, if you have a normal-large head, don't bother.

- The elastic band is tiny, so feels like someone is trying to squash your head a few sizes smaller.
- Unsure how long it was sitting in the warehouse, as it seems half of the cardboard packaging was stuck to it, leaving me having to scrub it clean - despite it being brand new, I usually don't expect to clean it with soapy water before use.
on 25 August 2015
I received the version with the cut-out eye holes (some users seem to have received ones without the holes). Used it happily nearly every morning for a month, then one morning (conveniently on the day AFTER the 1-month return window closed) I slid it on, only for it to burst and shower me with cold, sticky blue gel. Worked well while it lasted, but I don't see any reason for it to last less than a month - I never froze it or used it roughly. Needless to say, I will be looking for a better quality item.
on 30 August 2013
cold as hell to wear but helps reduce circles under my eyes as well as helping to cut down on headaces