4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for kids in the garden
Having moved to a brand new house with a better garden this seemed to be an ideal moving in present for the kids. At 7 and 9 I didn't need something massive and didn't need something so strong it would survive a John Barnes free kick.

Published 17 months ago by B. Smyth

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Hard to get net on ok quality had lots of use, the net has ripped already.
Published 3 months ago by Margy

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for kids in the garden, 17 Jun 2013
B. Smyth "smyth86" (Crawley) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The item arrived in a box a lot smaller than I was expecting and because of the bad weather it spent a long time in the shed! The only aspect which allows the loss of a 5 star review was the putting together of the goal. It wasn't difficult as such but a little fiddly that definitely needs two people, or in my case, me and two kids. As this is only a one time thing it doesn't detract from the product itself.

As has been mentioned in other reviews, the goal isn't particularly deep. For me this is a huge bonus. It allows us to have a decent sized goal for the garden without it taking up lots of room.

The net seems very sturdy indeed and will take the abuse of normal garden playing. For me this goal is a great addition to my garden and something the kids love. At the price Amazon are currently selling it at, £17, it really is a bargain. I'd highly recommend this (providing you have some extra hands for the building).

4.0 out of 5 stars ... Goal Goal Goal!, 21 May 2013
Mr. M. A. Reed (Argleton, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The joy of kicking a football in the summer. My three year old loves football. He's not very good at it, but he enjoys kicking a ball around and well, isn't that part of the fun? Playing for the sake of it. No pressure, no competitiveness, just simple and silly fun. Why else are we alive, anyway, if not to enjoy it?

Jumpers for goalposts. Actually, as a goalpost this is perfect for your needs. However, it is not small (7 foot by 5 foot, so, too tall for Dad to stand in it, for example), and being steel, isn't light. It's sturdy as well, having been sat out in the garden for a few weeks in storms and rain without moving, a a good, low centre of gravity and a strong net though now starting to get some holes. As far as goalposts go, it is strong, sturdy, but heavy and bulky. Ideal for the garden, not for taking to the park.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 4 the garden., 16 May 2013
OrganicGreen "Knowledge is King and books a g... (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As others have said it's straight forward to put together; but a bit fiddle with the net. I like it cause it looks like a real proper net except a mini version. My boys 9&5 take turns being in goal and enjoy using it. It keeps the ball in the net easily. It's great for penalty shoot out; which is what my boys are into now they have a 'proper net'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good size and quality, 30 April 2013
Amazon Customer "maria2222" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like some of the other reviewers we struggled a bit with the net when setting up the goal, but apart from that it was easy and it didn't take long till we could test it out.
It is actually bigger than we expected as it doesn't take up much space when packaged (which is great as it's easy to bring to the park or on holiday!). And although it of course would not last long if used by adults, it is great for kids aged 10 or younger.

Now we just need a bit more sun, and we're set for summer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Goal post, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Debut Kids Metal Goal - White, 7x5 Ft (Sports)
Bought this for my son. Takes a bit of time to put together, light weight, easy to move around and great for boys playing football

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids Metal Goal, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Debut Kids Metal Goal - White, 7x5 Ft (Sports)
Its quite light but surprisingly stable, would recommend it. My son is 6 years old and loves it. He is out in the garden constantly shooting balls into the goal.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for the money, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Debut Kids Metal Goal - White, 7x5 Ft (Sports)
Arrived promptly. The instructions could have been better. A little fiddly to put together as you have to thread the net through the poles as you go. One of the poles was incorrect but it didn't stop us being able to put it together and it seems sturdy enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Goooooaaaaaalllll!, 27 April 2013
Angela - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This goal is a little frustrating to assemble - but once constructed it's actually rather good if you are looking for something for casual garden use for younger children. My two kids aged 9 and 6 have had a lot of fun with this and it's bearing up to play really well.

The goal is made of coated metal tubular poles - 18 by my calculations, some of which you slot together like tent poles (they have metal buttons on them to secure in place) and some which are attached with bolts. They are all numbered and the instructions are fairly clear, despite the reference to a rebounder cover that doesn't come with this set. Putting the goal together would be fine were it not for the fact that putting it together and simultaneously threading the net on were not more challenging than it should be, meaning it does take more time than it should to make this goal.

That said, once made the goal is fairly solid and the net is well made. We've found that it is not particularly prone to toppling over (you can secure it with some included pegs for extra security if you wish). It's not admittedly the deepest of nets - 28 inches by my measurements, (measured in inches as the goal measurements are feet), but it's plenty big enough for young children, there's nothing for the goalie to trip over on the floor and for general play it's more than adequate and certainly plenty of fun. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back Of The Net!, 2 May 2013
Coincidence Vs Fate - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm really pleased to say that my seven year old has finally caught the football bug. Amazing really as me and my Dad have been taking him to see Coventry City since he was three.

Anyway, this was ideal for him and he loves it.

The instructions are OK and all the poles are handily numbered, though a couple of times I did get a little cocky and stick the pole in the wrong place. The biggest problem for me was the net. It doesn't really explain clearly how the net is fixed to the frame and which way it goes. I got there in the end and after about 40 minutes the net was up and we were playing football. We only have a little garden and although the net is fairly sizeable it's not too deep so is ideal for us.

Great fun and well made.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Debut Kids Metal Goal - White, 7x5 Ft (Sports)
Hard to get net on ok quality had lots of use, the net has ripped already.