4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, good value Waterproof camera
I've tried a few of these weather/waterproof cameras over the years and most of them have been a bit of a let down in the image department, and some have had quite poor lenses too which resulted in soft images.

The Fuji XP60 produces some fairly decent images, certainly better than I have used from some previous models (and various makers)

A quick...
Published 7 months ago by Mr Baz

1.0 out of 5 stars Did Not Work.
With my upcoming summer family holiday in Spain, and in particular a snorkel safari booked i researched underwater cameras and purchased the XP 60.

Once on holiday we tested the camera in the swimming pool but after 30 - 60 minutes it seemed to overheat and then stopped working and has not worked since.

We went on our snorkel safari in Santa Polo,...
Published 2 months ago by Mr. Neil Poppleton

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars 2nd try at buying one of these, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix XP60 - Yellow (16.4MP, 5x Optical Zoom, Waterproof to 20ft/6m, Shockproof to 5ft/1.5m) (discontinued by manufacturer) (Camera)
I have just taken deliver of my second Fujifilm xp60 and neither of them will charge, very frustrating. Not going to attempt third time lucky.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic little memory maker, 25 July 2013
I needed a way of capturing my little lad growing up especially with his love of water parks, sea side, outdoorsy stuff etc., this camera is great, rugged, fantastic high quality picture etc., great price so I'm not to worried about banging it around when I'm sea swimming with it in my pocket, its that first time you submerge it and its still working that's satisfying,

3.0 out of 5 stars Average device -recommend you get something else., 20 Aug 2014
bought for underwater photography as didnt trust my phone in a plastic bag. Its fine for snorkelling but doesnt travel to 30ft which is a shortfall i knew before I bought it.

Great at being waterproof and durable and being bright incase it drops but photo quality is poor even on bright sunny days. my phone (S4/blackberry/iphone) takes much better pictures which really is unacceptable given this is a dedicated device.. It doesnt focus very well, no good in dark light, screen is last gen i.e. pixelly not "retina" which isnt essential but grates after a while. Have sold this and bought a Go Pro due to points above.

On the plus side videos seem reasonable, battery life seemed pretty good and usability is relative simple though it took me half the holiday to find the underwater setting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my Expectations!, 15 July 2013
If you love diving and would like a camera to capture what's under the sea, then this is the camera for you!

I was looking for a basic u.w camera, and i found plenty costing less than a £100. But for every 2 good reviews there was a bad "Do not buy" review. I continued my search and came over the fuji xp50. Reviews were good and as there was a newer model (xp60) i got that, and i wasnt at all disappointed!

Pros;
Tough as nails
Buttons reachable with one hand
Seperate multi-shot and video record buttons

Cons;
Image quality could be better
(tho outdoors, in a well lit enviroment its good)

I recommend this to anyone who wants a BASIC under water camera.
P.s. If you may buy, also buy a floating hand lanyard.

5.0 out of 5 stars We had several cameras with us but this was so much fun, with everyone wanting to get in on the ..., 25 Sep 2014
I've not long returned from holiday where this cracking little camera was a huge hit with the family. We had several cameras with us but this was so much fun, with everyone wanting to get in on the action, both in front of and behind the camera. We had no leakage problems and the quality of the pictures was excellent, given that most of the time it was being asked to capture rapid movement and a lot of 'arsing' about. One word of warning, however - don't let teenage daughters take it away or you're likely to find your memory card filled with endless underwater selfies! Good job I had some back-up memory cards with me. This camera has helped create some unforgettable memories, and that's worth the price alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wee toughie, 23 Aug 2013
Daughter took this on a 6 week cadet expedition course to the Yukon. It lived in her combat jacket pocket, a rucksack or lay about on bunk beds when not being taken in a canoe, rock climbing abseiling, mountain biking or swimming in both chlorinated pools and lakes/rivers.
987 photos later including some great underwater shots it is still going strong.
If you want DSLR quality pictires you are going to take your big kit case with you. If you want to enjoy your adventure and come back with really great snaps, take this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The video option is easy to use and has sound too, 20 Aug 2014
We bought this camera to take on our summer hols this year. We used it in the sea and in the pool up to depths of 1.5 metres. The quality of the pictures was crisp and sharp both under water and on land. The video option is easy to use and has sound too. We had a day where we had a little condensation in the view finder, I do not know if this was because of the amount of time we were using it in the water or the fact that it was 48+ degrees. Never the less the pictures uploaded great to the laptop. I would recommend and I am about to buy another for my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant camera for above and below water, 24 July 2014
Shazza (Bolton Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This was a replacement for an earlier version of this camera. The quality is excellent above and below water. Why did I need a replacement, my fault, I let my youngest granddaughter use it in the sea and she managed to open the battery case!!! In the new model they have really improved this aspect and it is locked so you cannot open the battery and memory card slot without really having to press and turn at the same time. Mind you I'm not letting it near any little hands without me present. Arrived fast, great value and again an excellent camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Under water fun brilliant, as good as some of its much more expensive neighbours, 9 Sep 2013
Mr. Mr. Martyn (UK) - See all my reviews
this camera is ace, a real first step contender into shallow water handled everything brilliantly. some of the slow motion settings are excellent. burst capture is quality with sharp focus and pisc taken this way can easily be built into mini films which is a feature I love. If you instagram check out the underwater pics of @blueboing101 as they have been taken with this camera. Its easy to get carried away with it which makes it superb for its price. Have to say on a recent holiday to Cornwall it spent hours underwater and has survived with out a scratch. I love it... would I recommend to a friend? yup

Top marks for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The muts nuts!, 28 Aug 2013
Having heard about this camera from a friend and having spent some weeks researching other make and models I eventually settled on this one. What a great choice that was.
Easy to use, brilliant underwater photographs in normal , macro, underwater macro and video modes - cannot fault it.

I have been extreme Sea Kayaking with this camera, 8-10 feet of swell, got tossed about and thrown out of the kayak. Throughout it all the camera performed brilliantly. Very robust. Good battery life.Double locking battery compartment means it cannot be accidentally knocked open. There is a deliberate operation to get the battery drawer open. I really cannot fault it.
Spent this weekend at a music festival - again great video and photos. It is simply a point and shoot camera. No gimmicks. Easy to use on a Macintosh computer as well as a PC.

I would recommend this to anyone wanting to take underwater photos.

There is lot of camera for the money

Negatives - maybe a printed manual to make it easier to check out all the functions. I printed on off from the CD

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›