4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, good value Waterproof camera
I've tried a few of these weather/waterproof cameras over the years and most of them have been a bit of a let down in the image department, and some have had quite poor lenses too which resulted in soft images.

The Fuji XP60 produces some fairly decent images, certainly better than I have used from some previous models (and various makers)

A quick...
Published 11 months ago by Mr Baz

1.0 out of 5 stars Did Not Work.
With my upcoming summer family holiday in Spain, and in particular a snorkel safari booked i researched underwater cameras and purchased the XP 60.

Once on holiday we tested the camera in the swimming pool but after 30 - 60 minutes it seemed to overheat and then stopped working and has not worked since.

We went on our snorkel safari in Santa Polo,...
Published 6 months ago by Mr. Neil Poppleton

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, good value Waterproof camera, 28 Mar. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

A quick summary of good and bad points

Pros:
+ Nice chunky build feels strong in the hand and able to take a drop
+ Great price for a Waterproof camera (there is a newer model out)
+ Waterproof to 6m, dustproof, shockproof, freezeproof
+ LCD screen is much improved over previous XP cameras, brighter and easier to see in hard sunlight (still only 230k but it's ok)
+ Lens covers a useful 28-140mm range, 5x zoom, pretty sharp too
+ Image quality is pretty good for a camera of this type, though has the usual smearing at higher ISO levels
+ Full HD video and the output is quite decent (I found it pretty sharp and detailed)

Cons:
- Battery charges in camera via USB (would prefer the choice of an external charger)
- Macro is 9cm min focus distance ok but nothing amazing
- Battery life a bit low, Fuji say 200 I got closer to 170-180
- Usable at ISO 800 and at a push ISO 1600 but images are quite soft due to noise reduction

As per usual you get the usual scene modes motion panarama, pro low light (takes multi shots and merges to reduce image noise), filters like toy camera, pop, partial colour etc etc for playing around with

AF performance was mostly pretty good (I didn't have any serious issues with accuracy) The cover for the battery and memory card locks securely and I had no worries about leaking with the camera. I did test the water resistance at the beach and it works just great leaving it in the water for half and hour and it didn't die. I also put the camera in my freezer for a few hours and it powered up just fine.

There is nothing amazing about the Fuji in terms of features and spec. But a lot of people like myself want a camera that you can take out with you, or on holiday and not worry about breaking it (and also give it to the kids to take shots and have a working camera afterwards!)

The images are quite good for a WR camera, I personally shoot in M at half resolution as I feel most cameras with sensors this size can't resolve anywhere near 16mp.

At this price I'm giving it 4 stars as it's really something of a bargain right now. A good choice for a kids cameras (it takes decent shots unlike the kiddie toy cameras) it should last with rough handling, and for anyone who wants a "don't pamper" camera for holidays or days out. Recommended, one of the better WR cameras I've used, and at less than £100 unmatched value.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need in a camera, 19 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix XP60 - Yellow (16.4MP, 5x Optical Zoom, Waterproof to 20ft/6m, Shockproof to 5ft/1.5m) (Electronics)
Having spent time in Egypt & snorkelling, I wanted a basic camera to take underwater photos. My previous camera for 5 years was another Digital Fujifilm which never let me down. Have used the panoramic shot at a recent wedding, they turned out fantastic. I'm not a camera junky so this gives me all I need in a camera & I would recommend this model.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did Not Work., 19 Aug. 2014

We went on our snorkel safari in Santa Polo, Spain which was excellent but no photos....

We will be returning the camera today at our cost and have been told the technician will look at the camera to see what the issue is, even though I just want a refund.

I will update this review once the company has refunded me or something else.

UPDATE.
Camera returned and an immediate response letting me know the fault is unfixable and a refund processed instantly. Good customer service. Also nearly forgot my £7 cost to ship back was also refunded, bery impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The video option is easy to use and has sound too, 20 Aug. 2014
We bought this camera to take on our summer hols this year. We used it in the sea and in the pool up to depths of 1.5 metres. The quality of the pictures was crisp and sharp both under water and on land. The video option is easy to use and has sound too. We had a day where we had a little condensation in the view finder, I do not know if this was because of the amount of time we were using it in the water or the fact that it was 48+ degrees. Never the less the pictures uploaded great to the laptop. I would recommend and I am about to buy another for my daughter.

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been great, if it had worked, 18 Nov. 2013
The good: This is a great little camera for the price and appears well made. Seals are solid, and the battery cover door locks nicley into place. I bought this as an underwater camera for a recent trip to the Maldives and was really looking forward to being able to take video and stills out on the reef while snorkelling, as well as a good general purpose beach/kayaking camera.

Initial test shots and video came out fine with everything set largely to auto. The 6 disposable film cameras my girlfiend had bought looked very old school by comparison!

The bad: Day two (after about 15 minutes total usage, and making sure I cleaned the body with fresh water after immersion), the camera gave an 'Internal Overheat' message. By that time I was already in the water so took it back to let it properly dry out. The on/off button didn't work so I had to wait for a while before I could open the cover the remove the battery. And that was it, every time I turned it on I got the same message. It would playback video and stills without any problem, but as soon as I depressed the shutter to get into photo mode it would lock up with that same message.

Summary: No video/photos from this camera for my holiday, and those disposables saved the day. Some great pictures from the SLR on dry land, but the Dolphins and Rays will remain as memories only. I suspect I had a duff camera, and full refund was prompt (I bought from the high street rather than Amazon as I left it too late to buy). But it has put me off getting another Fuji. I give it 2* because I think I was unlucky, and it would have been nearer 4 or 5 without the problems. But those issues were ultimately fatal.

If you get one of these, do yourself a favour and execute a Business Continuity Plan. Boots are doing a 2 for 1 offer on disposables so pick up a few just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit, 30 Jun. 2013
Works really well, good quality pictures, being waterproof is a big plus, it got took to a couple of water parks and stood up really well under water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Adventure Camera, 20 Aug. 2013
I've just finished a travelling gap year and I have to say this camera was fantastic it takes fantastic photos, has a perfectly reasonable 5X optical zoom and is basically a cheaper (but better) Go Pro.

Pros: >Actually has zoom
>Battery life is amazing! I've filmed hours of underwater footage and still had plenty of battery the next day!
>But a very wide lense too
>easy to use buttons even when weraing gloves or underwater
>Dirt proof, beach proof, (just remember to wash it with fresh water after it's been in salt water) bump proof etc
>Light weight, small but not too small
>Direct HDMI output
>Some awesome camera effects including single-colour photos, panorama, 240fps slo mo filming, full hd 1080p filming and film settings inbetween. There are alot of camera effects but you don't need all of them.
>Easy to find flash, timer and macro settings
>Self standing on flat surface - very useful! not all cameras will just stand nicely.
>Charges from usb - you don't need many cables etc

Cons: >If you seriously bash it, it could compromise the auto focus functions (It was my fault though)
>HDMI output didn't seem to work very well for me for some reason
>It is a bit more expensive than a basic point and shoot camera
>Takes a while to charge, but then it does have a very good battery life

That's all I can think of for now - I highly recommend this camera!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Pictures and Videos, but let down by Charging Mechanism, 26 Aug. 2014
Bought for a holiday as I could no longer find those disposable one-time use underwater cameras that Kodak used to make.
I had used these in the past and had great results, plus the pictures were put on a photo CD.
However, things have moved on, and now we're fully digital. So to the review...
A couple of problems.
The first is the charging mode. A small USB connection that is exposed when removing the side cover. This is not the best way of charging, a separate charger would have been more useful, especially as the USB connector has become corroded due to salt water. This was unexpected as the camera was always submerged into a bowl of fresh water after returning from the beach (as recommended in the manual).
The second issue is with fogging. Happened often during use, to the point of becoming frustrating. This could be because of the climate (caribbean) but still it was a common occurance.
However, it worked well some of the time and the pictures and movies were good or excellent.
Unlike some, I had no problems with water ingress and I agree with others that the battery life could be better.
In summary, I think the disposable camera may have been the better option. So much for the Tech!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 6 Aug. 2013
Bought the camera to take to Santorini. It works great underwater, both for stills and video. It takes a great shot with good depth, and it's very easy to navigate the different settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday essential, 18 Jun. 2014
Great item, I bought this as a present for my boyfriend as I accidentally broke his last one. This is a great camera, takes good pictures in and out of water