4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, works great, though hole a little small.
Published on 17 April 2012 by Kimmy

When my previous Petsafe catflap started letting in the winter wind (closer inspection revealed the magnet had completely come off!), my father kindly gave me a spare Staywell 911 inside door that he had in shed.
It worked brilliantly!
Published 4 months ago by sally tarbox

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, works great, though hole a little small., 17 April 2012
Kimmy (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
We ordered this cat flap to install into our PVC back door - putting it in was fairly straightforward with a hacksaw and drill - it took about half an hour and whilst I could have done it myself, I was grateful for my husband's help, as it takes a bit of confidence in sawing and drilling through PVC. There is an enclosed guide in the box which you can actually tape onto your door to help you do it properly.

Whilst the item does have different ways to organise the locking mechanism, I decided to keep it open all the time, because my cats needed to learn to use it and I worried they would get confused if in the early stages, sometimes it was locked. I also found that the magnetic strip which makes the flap less drafty, was too firm for my nervous cats, so I just peeled it off (it's easy to put on and off). This means there is a little draft coming through the gap that has left, but now that my cats are happily using the flap with no resistance, I will probably put the magnet back on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good upgrade to old Staywell catflap, 9 Nov. 2010
J. Wickins (UK) - See all my reviews
I have only ever used Staywell catflaps, since they tend to work with no nonsense. I knew I was going to need a new one before winter, after a dog tried to get through the old style one (the one with a flap-within-a-flap design to get the swinging action) and broke the outer of the two doors.

The new design is really good - instead of a single magnetic closing-strip at the bottom, which never allowed the previous type to seal very well, this one has a magnetic strip that goes almost all the way around the curved edge of the single flap. Combined with the tunnel, it immediately reduced the draught when I fitted it (it was a very windy afternoon, so I could tell the difference).

Fitting was very easy - two screws and silicone sealer around all the joins. I did need to widen the existing hole in the door by about a quarter of an inch, though - easy with an electric jigsaw, but don't assume that this will fit straight in the hole vacated by the previous model of Staywell catflap.

It is definitely an improvement over the old one in terms of reducing draught - I'd recommend replacing the old-style one for that reason alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cat flap, 29 Jun. 2012
Such an easy cat flap to install. My husband fitted it into our pvc door with no trouble. All he needed was a jigsaw. He also sealed the edges so no water could run inside. Our cat had no trouble using it. All we did was tape it open for a short while, then, when he was used to it we put the flap back down. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding cat flaps, 10 Oct. 2009
Only ever been delighted with these. Have installed them in 5 different houses over the years. As for leaks? That's my responsibility on fitting, and who would try and fit anything like this without using mastic or thinking that they would need to seal it externally.
We've just moved to France and have fitted one here and it works well under torrential storms. We have also just ordered one for our French neighbours who think that they are "the cat's whiskers!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy cats!, 9 April 2013
This cat flap has been bought to replace an existing Staywell flap and I am very pleased to acquire the same model. The quality is excellent and the delivery was as promised by the supplier. I would always recommend this brand of cat flap to anyone who has cats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart cat door, 25 April 2012
I had to buy a new cat door on account of complaints by the cats about the poor condition of their existing door. This one is very smart. It's built into the house wall rather than the back door. It's tough, easy to clean,and very easy to instal. Both cats gave it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Training needed, 29 Jun. 2012
The Cat flap is good quality and arrived very quickly. The flap itself is hard to push open when its new, but bear with it. Our cat Poppy needed several training sessions (holding her paws or nose to it and push) and after about a week she got the hang of it and does it on her own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 22 Aug. 2012
Easy to fit. Good quality product at a reasonable cost (£13.00 approx)- found similar products much more expensive in the shops. Cats liked it immediately.

2.0 out of 5 stars Petsafe are NOT of same quality as Staywell - even on Staywell models that they now produce, 19 Jan. 2015
sally tarbox (aylesbury bucks uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: PetSafe Staywell Classic Manual 4-Way Locking Cat Flap (with tunnel) (Misc.)
It worked brilliantly!
However we felt we wanted some sort of panel on the outside too. And something to protect the 'thickness' of the door (our double glazed door appears to have polystyrene beads in middle, which we didn't want to leave exposed to elements forever.) So we sent off for a complete set - inside, outside and 'tunnel' (strip to cover middle.)
Staywell have been taken over by Petsafe, but the old model number is still available.
Oh the stress and struggle of trying to fit the wretched thing! Finally got my maintenance engineer son to do the job - he managed it with difficulty. And he suggested that as we had a brand new Petsafe/ Staywell INSIDE door now, we may as well replace my father's original, used, Staywell door, to which I agreed.
We now find that the Petsafe door doesn't close properly. When cat goes out, door remains 'ajar' till we go out and click it shut. Hubby taking it all to bits again. He's got outside on but can't get tunnel in place .I'm losing the will to live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat flap, 21 Jan. 2011
Does what it says on the tin - gets your cat in a flap!

No really it's a great basic cat flap and even our old cat who has had no flap on his old cat flap for years managed to work out how to use it. Stopped the draughts into our kitchen anyway.