5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to very expensive Bluetooth Hi-Fi speakers
Just a short while after the Bluetooth speaker boom, these little adapters started to appear on the market. This was a really a game changer as you could now enable wireless streaming to your existing home Hi-Fi or active speakers, and at a fraction of the price of a half decent tiny Bluetooth speaker. The unit measures a mere 5cm x 3.6cm and 1.3cm thick!!

So...
Published 2 months ago by A. Camilleri

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality, but a big buffer delay
I've rated this well, despite the fact that it turned out to be useless for the purpose I bought it for.

It is very easy to set up, appears to be well made, and certainly transmits good quality sound. The problem for me is that it buffers something approaching half a second of the digital signal before transmitting it. As a way of getting a stereo music track...
Published 21 days ago by J. Hartley

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but limited range, 27 Mar 2013
David Trotter "Davey T" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Avantree Bluetooth Audio Transceiver: BTTC-200X: Transmitter and Receiver 2-in-1 both modes are with aptX codec; easy to use with TV, iPod, Hifi system ; iphone 5 , iPad, smartphone or tablet, etc, easy to carry , compact size. (Electronics)
Bought this elsewhere but thought I should comment. The product in itself is great, delivers superior APT-X quality streaming in a low cost cost easy to use package.

It is let down however by the range. I'm getting constant drop-outs with 6 meters line-of-sight. This is unacceptable. I know my phone works fine and has much better range with other bluetooth receivers. I'd love to give it five starts, but the drop-outs mean it only gets a 3. Sorry.

If anyone else has a similar problem please comment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product with great sound Quality, 17 Nov 2013
Based upon sound quality alone this product is great; the APTX codec is far better than standard bluetooth. I have only used it as a receiver, and paired with my laptop has good range for listening to music. For video however the receiver needs to stay close (no more than a metre or so) to stop latency problems. Another problem is that, although the instructions state otherwise, it seems incapable of charging and receiving at the same time. Finally i do not believe it's possible to update the unit, so if you buy it your stuck with the version of the APTX codec it came with. Not a problem at the moment, but it doesn't make it very future proof. All round though, it does the job, has good battery life and isn't very expensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but ..., 30 Oct 2013
I quire like this lil device, i use it with my tv in the bedroom with some bluetooth headphones so the tv doesnt wake the wife up .. it works well BUT annoyingly i seem to have to repair it and my headphones every time i use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 13 Sep 2013
L. Miln (Scotland) - See all my reviews
The Avantree Saturn BTTC200X arrived in the post yesterday and here are my initial thoughts after using it for a day:

* Product is well presented and feels very well made.
* Rubberised base is a nice touch and stops it sliding around.
* Very easy to connect and pair - simply press the power button until the light flashes and then do the same on the headphones (I'm using Sennheiser PX210 BTs)
* Sound quality is equally as good as using wired headphones, due to APT-X codec.
* Range is not quite as far as advertised. Up to around 5-6m is perfect but beyond that sound does drop. However, it should be noted I'm testing in the office so there may be interference from PCs, metal filing cabinets etc. A non issue for me though, as I'm desk bound most of the day.
* Following on from the above point, at my usual listening range I have yet to experience any sound drop outs or hear any strange noises, something which I occasionally get when using my Galaxy Note 2 for BT audio.
* Great that it can be charged and used at the same time.

I have yet to test receive mode but overall I am very happy with my purchase and would definitively recommend it to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Design flaws, 23 Aug 2013
N. Gallagher - See all my reviews
I bought this to act as a receiver, so that I can play spotify from my bluetooth phone (HTC One), on my speaker system.

I wanted a wireless setup so that I could hide all of the cables. I wasn't interested in the fact that it contains a battery, as especially for receiver mode, the device it connects to will usually be mains powered. I wanted to power it from the USB port on a TV, or from a USB mains charger.

This device has two unbelievable design flaw however:
1. It switches off after 10 minutes when no device is connected, even if it's on mains power. You must push the button on it before you can connect to it every time.
2. The receiver does not switch on automatically when mains power is connected.

It's fairly disappointing that these issues mean it's not possible to hide this device behind a cupboard or behind a TV/stereo system, or hide it inside the wall. I have to fish it out every time I want to use it just to press that button.

Also you might think that you could power this device from the USB port on the back of a TV or stereo system, such that it will switch on when you switch on the TV/stereo. But issue 2 means you'll have to fish it out from behind the TV every time.

On the plus side, the sound quality is very good, it works well with my HTC One phone which has aptx.
But on a day to day basis, using this device is just frustrating, and due to seemingly obvious oversights in its design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 21 April 2013
Robert Johnson (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
Great gadget. Quite small. Arrives with 3.5mm to 3.5mm male to male and a twin phono to 3.5mm female. All the accessories you need to hook this up. One of the 3.5mm connections plugs into the unit. If you want to leave this connected permanently to a device at home I'd recommend getting a USB charger so you will be able to permanently power it.
I use it with an iPhone but the sound is apparently better if you have a more advanced Bluetooth. Though I am happy with the quality. I recommend this product. PS works great with a Minirig.

5.0 out of 5 stars stable link, 15 Nov 2013
this is the first time i have used some think like this .
and i now i chose right the first time as this did the job and a lot more that i had not even thort of
and the fact that it is stereo is even better .

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't go by the size.. its absolutley a gem, 22 April 2013
TOSHI (Reading, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
I couldn't believe the size when i opened it... but it worked perfectly... The stereo sound quality in Receiver mode is outstanding.. and it is much better than the Logitech adapter which is of similar price... but bigger in size and needs external power supply. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireless-Speaker-Adaptor-Bluetooth/dp/B0057BAB60

Transmitter works very well as well... and simple to set up.
Only giving 4 stars as I have only been using it for a week and yet not verified the battery life or durability as such.

ARRAY(0xa54b0a8c)