5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it at a good time
This S23 is now being replaced by the S25, so sellers may want to shift some of the 'old' stock. Read speeds of 110 MB/s and writes of 55 MB/s are achievable (according to crystaldiskmark) although results do vary from test to test and between hardware - managed 64 MB/s write on a 50 MB run, suggesting perhaps that small files are written faster. This makes this the best...
Published 4 months ago by IamCustomer

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for what it was intended
Serves the purpose on which was intended, large memory. The one thing that I do not like is the slide cover to protect the connection. Quite feeble and can easily be detached, not what I expected. Recommend. Buy a more sturdy cover or removable cap.
Published 18 months ago by Del Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for what it was intended, 6 Jan. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars speed variations, 12 May 2014
all three sticks work reliably however there are massive differences in transfer speeds of the different sticks only one of mine works to a good standard I have spoken to Lexar & their official line is no quoted speeds on this product therefore as long as they work that's what you have purchased so it appears they use any old memory from any source to produce these sticks which to me begs the question why bother buying branded as opposed to cheap Chinese sticks I would not buy Lexar sticks anymore I would now buy cheapo or Kingston etc depending what I wanted them for these are not expensive for what they are I suppose but I did expect them to be the same items packed together I am not altogether convinced of reliability with what seems to be no quality control

2.0 out of 5 stars Painfully slow, 26 Mar. 2014
Peter Bailey "nordowns" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I needed a storage medium for photographs in order to view them on other PC's/ TV's etc. and this 32g was very cheap.

However the speed is EXTREMELY slow.
1) slow for the computer to recognise or eject it!
2) slow to load. A small file of jpegs too only 5 seconds to load to a 64gb Kingston drive but the identical files took 3 (THREE) MINUTES to load to this Lexar.
The rate of retrieval of each individual jpeg was fairly instant.

You obviously get what you pay for but I was amazed to find such a difference!
Works OK but the user has to learn to be patient!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 24 Mar. 2014
I deeply regret going for this memory stick. It looks great but it is what's under the hood that counts. This is supposedly a USB3.0 stick but I am getting better speeds with my older USB2.0 stick. I have certainly got it plugged in to a USB3.0 port which works as expected with my other devices so this isn't it. Not only is it slow my TV point blank refuses to recognise it no matter how I format it. So in summary not worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Super fast but poor build quality, 18 Jun. 2014
I have used alot of Lexar flash drives in the past and they always perform brilliantly, this is no exception. The write speeds on this are the fastest I've ever seen on a flash drive. However build quality of the drive itself lets it down.

The silver edge is made from a metal alloy. Its not stated on their website exactly what that metal alloy is though. This part is very strong and rigid. The black glossy plastic pieces and the slide mechanism is where the problem lies. I ordered two of these and on both the slide was extremely rigid requiring a lot of pressure to push down and slide the USB head out. Even then the slide mechanism was not smooth at all. If you have used Sandisk drives with the same slide mechanism you will know how smooth they flow. In addition I felt the plastic creek under the pressure and I assume over time this will eventually break first with constant use. Alongside this they are extremely glossy and coming in black it wasn't long before they were covered in fingerprints.

Size wise its not too wide or thick which means it will easily fit into the majority of computers and laptops where ports are more condensed.

Overall this is a super fast USB 3 flash drive. Just a shame its poor build quality lets it down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor device that under performs, 26 Mar. 2014
I will not go in to the exact speeds I was getting but needless to say it is nowhere near as fast as my other USB3.0 drives. In fact I have some USB2.0 that perform quicker. This aside it doesn't seem very compatible with devices. My other drives are picked up by my Samsung TV while this one isn't.

2.0 out of 5 stars The least reliable memory stick I have ever used., 22 Jan. 2014
This memory stick gave me a scare after I'd been using it for only 3 months, when files I had saved on it became corrupted and unreadable (files that I was trying to work on as part of my doctoral thesis!). To make it work again, I had to reformat it, which involves wiping all the files. Not a disaster if you have other back-ups, but frustrating and time-consuming. Having said that, it seems to be working fine again now. I have the 8GB version too and it has never (yet!) given me any trouble. Lexar technical support were fairly helpful. As a minor point, the sliding cover thing is quite wide - if the USB ports on your computer are side-by-side or directly one above the other, you cannot fit anything in the adjacent port when this memory stick is plugged in. The cover slides right off really easily (although I'm not sure it is supposed to), which solves this problem. It was a great price, and I like the colour (as if that matters when your files are corrupted!); but after using it for a while, I couldn't really recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but flawed, 13 April 2015
SlayerKat "Geek Mum" (East Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Jumpdrive M20 is unusual amongst USB drives in that, whilst you can use it as a normal USB memory stick, its party trick is that you can also use it with USB OTG compatible Android devices via a built-in micro-USB connector.

Upon extracting the Jumpdrive M20 from it's packaging, I was quite surprised to find no instructions included at all. It doesn't even list any information on compatibility, but instead provides you with a QR code to help you work it out for yourself (which is so small my phone had problems focusing on it).

The stick has a cheap feel to it thanks to the less than substantial plastics used, although on the plus side it weighs next to nothing. There is a slider on the side of the stick which extends either the standard-size USB 3.0 connector from one end or the micro-USB connector from the other, however on first use it fell off! Luckily it clipped back on and I've been more careful since so it's stayed in place. Not a great start!

Using it with your computer works as expected, with USB 3.0 transfer speeds but also backwards compatibility with older USB generations (albeit at slower speeds). The packaging quotes read speeds of up to 120MB/s, which I can verify as I ran some speed tests and received 122MB/s and 124MB/s reading 500MB and 1GB files. The results of my write tests however were relatively disappointing in comparison - 19.2MB/s and 20.6MB/s writing those same 500MB and 1GB files.

The first time I plugged it into my Android smartphone - a Google Nexus 5 - it did precisly nothing, much to my disappointment. After checking (I'll admit it might have been good to check beforehand) I was surprised to discover that my smartphone isn't on the list of confirmed compatible devices, odd considering it is a Google device (who of course develop Android). Some research later and I was relieved to discover that there are free apps available which will enable the phone to recognise and mount USB OTG drives - I tried ES File Explorer and it worked! Oddly the packaging shows Astro File Manager, which I already had installed on my phone, but this DOESN'T add the USB OTG functionality (or at least didn't on my phone).

Using ES File Explorer the drive was mounted and I could copy and paste from / to it as I wished, with transfer speeds seeming pretty good.

I also tried the Jumpdrive on a friend's Samsung Galaxy S5, on which it was detected immediately and he could use it without installing additional apps. He was so impressed he immediately ordered one for himself!

3.0 out of 5 stars When it works it works well but it is not that well built for on the move use., 4 April 2015
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lexar Professional 16 GB JumpDrive M20 Mobile USB 3.0 and Micro USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

Package.
-------------
This comes blister packed and you will need scissors to open it !

Overall quality.
--------------------
I agree with other reviewers that is does feel very flimsy. The switch to go between a USB and micro USB socket is poor and does not slide very easily. I think it would be easy to break unless great care is taken.

Compatibility.
------------------
This is compatible with USB 3.0 and backwardly compatible with older USB standards but writing and reading will be much slower here.
As for phones it fits all of my Android devices, Moto G phone, Samsung tablet and Samsung S5 phone.

Operation.
--------------
The unit was recognised by my phones but not by my tablet. I was able to save and read files between the phones with ease. As for the tablet I have tried everything but it is not fully recognising it, I can write out but not read in. There are no instructions with the flash drive so I am stuck here. I have fired off an email to Lexar for some help.
I connected it to my daughters cheap Chinese android clone tablet and it worked fine both saving and reading files so I think there is something deep in the Samsung menus that I need to turn on.
Apart from the glitch with the tablet it works fine and allows the back up of files on the move.

Overall.
----------
It works well when you can get it to connect but I still have the tablet problem to solve. It is flimsy and I think easy to break. If used carefully and you can get it to work I think this will be a useful device. If you can’t get it to work it will just bring frustration and become an expensive USB 3.0 flash key.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap and nasty build quality, but speed is as billed., 19 Feb. 2014
The plastic USB plug is just horrible, and the latch is so poor that it can't stand the force of plugging it into a socket and usually retracts with a horrible snapping noise.

The speed appears to be as advertised (100MB/s reads seem to be possible on USB3, and it can max out USB2 at ~29MB/s) so it's useful as e.g. a boot drive in an application where you won't be plugging and unplugging it often.

I stripped the outer case off and wrapped the middle bit in heatshrink so I wouldn't have to put up with the latch.

Overall I suspect you could get the same speed but with better build quality for about the same money.