1,132 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good
I received this Toshiba external storage very quickly and was surprised at how small it is. This was to replace a 6 year old Toshiba storage box, (which had failed) which was very large and needed a power supply to connect.

Published 6 months ago by Weaver Woman

3.0 out of 5 stars Small, compact, functional, poor cable
Using a laptop, I am constantly battling for more storage space. I already have a collection of external hard drives, but the bulk of the units plus their power cables is getting a bit much.

As a result, I opted to try a drive that is USB powered, and smaller in size. The STOR.E basic was the cheapest I could get at short notice.

First impressions...
Published on 31 July 2012 by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 2 Mar 2014
Weaver Woman (South West Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

When I looked at the box it said the requirements were Windows XP/VISTA/windows 7 & 8, however I have an Imac, so was not sure it would work.

As there is nothing to install I just had to connect the USB cable to the back of my Mac, it took about half an hour to download all my files. All my files are now safely stored on the drive and I can view and print from them.

So it does work with an IMac.

I have now purchased the case as I don't need to keep it permanently connected to my Mac and want it to be kept safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages, 18 Aug 2013
Eric Stephen (Bonnie Scotland) - See all my reviews
Excellent product, very portable and works extremely well. Great price too - why pay more for one with bells and whistles. I highly recommend this wee beasty.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Product, 20 Nov 2012
I had purchased this Toshiba hard drive to use with my new laptop.
I was nearly did not buy it due to the reviews on here regarding the cable.
However I did a price runner and checked out price and reviews and I can confirm Amazon was the cheapest but other sites had better reviews and nothing to indicate there would be any problems with the cable.
In summary I am not technical but the cable fits and works in both my USB2.0 slots on my old laptop and works faster in my new laptop with USB3.0 slots, so one cable fits all!!
Drive is of good quality as you would expect from a brand like Toshiba and would recommend the 1TB capacity as you would be hard pushed to fill it up with pictures etc in a hurry.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 29 Oct 2013
Gbparkinson (chorley,lancashire,england) - See all my reviews
what an excellent little external hard drive this is, great size to fit in the pocket for taking around with you

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful, 16 Aug 2013
Amazing size and quality. Price was a real selling point. Might get another while on offer, so useful for long term storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect hard drive, 29 Aug 2013
This hard drive works perfect for my mac book. It is small, very quiet and its speed is very fast (apparently USV 3.0 works well). I strongly recomend this to every laptop user, in particular, who have a USB 3.0 port in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1TB does what it says on the tin, 23 April 2013
Worked off the bat will be using this for work and to back yup itunes, ordered Saturday and it arrived on monday

5.0 out of 5 stars Our customers love these, 26 Jan 2014
So do we... good price, great service guys and these are reliable and quick in our opinion. Will be buying more for our customers soon (DigiRAW)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted..., 26 April 2014
Suzee (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Super-fast delivery ~ ordered one day, came the next. Item exactly what I wanted, though smaller than I had expected. Easy to use even without instructions, and I'm definitely not up with techs and gadgets! Really pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Aug 2013
Compact, very fast, very good capacity, easy to use. I would recommend this product to everyone looking for extra storage.