5.0 out of 5 stars best place for fans new to Blackie Lawless
While many hair metal acts bit the dust when there lyrics on drugs, sex and rock and roll failed to lift the smile of those wallowing in the pities of Grunge Blackie Lawless and Wasp showed there was a lot more to their abilities to write a good song than what was about their looks and hair somthing which this neatly compiled two disc best of edition shows.
Published on 29 Feb 2008 by spike

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of wasp
all well known tracks on cd ,,I like all the anthem type tracks,plenty of tracks to listen to.blackie is good singer.
Published 16 months ago by wolvorocker

5.0 out of 5 stars best place for fans new to Blackie Lawless, 29 Feb 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like being 17 again, who could resist?, 12 May 2010
DH "Mellenhead UK" (Sheffield, England, home of the Full Monty) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of The Best (Audio CD)
I didn't pay too much attention to "hair metal" or WASP back in the 80's but I wholly agree with the other comments that Blackie's longevity is testament to the band's quality. I moved heaven and earth to see them last November (2009)and was greatly affected by their out and out performance in Dudley. In short I felt like I was 17 again (I'm 47) as the years just rolled away. I was quite surprised at just how many hits they had and had to have a CD. I duly bought the Best of the Best and it has really grown on me.
Although I had only previously heard the hits, I tend to like most of the tracks and like their outre lyrics and behaviour.
This isn't Mozart but it's no less great because of that. I have disc one in the car (company Volvo don't you know) and nothing de-stresses me like a good rock album on my way home. This fits the bill nicely.

Favourite track this week? Ballcrusher...Blackie showing his delicate side on this Valentine's lament...NOT. A great laugh and not taken too seriously. Would definitely travel to see them again and will look forward to this.

Nice packaging on the CD. Reminded me a bit of Bad News, now there was a band.

Have fun and keep on R.O.C.K.in'

Dick

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockin!!!!!, 30 Dec 2008
Mr. M. Kitson "Mike K." (Manchester, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of The Best (Audio CD)
I first got into WASP in the early '90s. I even saw them on tour here in the U.K. I lost touch with them in the last ten years. But remembered them and got this and it all came back why I got into them in the first place. Fantastic great rock/metal music. They are still going which says a lot about Blackie Lawless and his ability to write a great tune. I Wanna Be Somebody, Hellion & Blind In Texas are up there in my opinion with the best.

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of wasp, 25 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Best, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Best Of The Best (Audio CD)
A fuel injected selection of Blackie Lawless' and his miscreant fellow band members raging metal offerings. This set is a great eye opener for any who wish to discover the greatness that is: W.A.S.P

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction, 3 Oct 2011
Maris Ginters (Riga, Latvia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of The Best (Audio CD)
I didn't know much about W.A.S.P. before hearing Blind in Texas on the radio one night. I still don't since for me this collection has it all. You get their biggest hits, great covers (Locomotive Breath!) and also some big ballads. Most probably there's a lot more in the albums, but Best of the Best gives you enough material to decide if you want to dig deeper or just stay with an overview. Great collection of 32 great songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars and receiver was VERY pleased this being one of his favourite bands, 6 July 2014
This review is from: The Best Of The Best (Audio CD)
bought as a gift, and receiver was VERY pleased this being one of his favourite bands, had all the hits , so very pleased, would definitely recommend excellent delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars the best of the best w.a.s.p, 11 May 2014
This review is from: The Best Of The Best (Audio CD)
Totaly brilliant album. Just like the rest of the w.a.s.p albums they r an amazing very under rated band. If u love ur metal ull love w.a.s.p ! This worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Best of the Best (MP3 Download)
This is a must for any Heavy Metal fan of the 80's generation. It brought back a lot of memories. A great compilation of one of the best band's of that era.

The Best of the Best