5.0 out of 5 stars Give this album a chance.
I was a little underwhelmed when I first listened to this album but after quite a few (approx. 15) listens this is really coming into its own. Memeo and Freedom Found are my favourite two, absolutely outstanding songs.

I think people need to stop comparing the two albums as that is clouding their judgement I think.
Published on 14 Feb. 2013 by Tony

2.0 out of 5 stars a mix rather than a collection lacking cohesiveness
We get very angry about the state of popular music and we want to bloody change it. And why shouldn’t we?’ says frontman Rick Boardman. Delphic dabble in all kinds of genres with this album, be it hip hop (!), electronica, pop or house. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it sometimes just feels really forced, overproduced or simply out of place. Atlas,...
Published 10 months ago by indieisnotagenre

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album - gets better every time I listen to it!, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Collections (Audio CD)
I don't write many album reviews but have to say I cannot believe so many people don't like this album...personally I think it is one of my favourite albums of the last few years and some tracks I just want to listen to over and over again!...especially the first half of the album with 'Freedom Found' a masterpiece.

Well done Delphic, I fully appreciate this album and will be listening to it for many months/years to come but understand we all have our own opinion...for me a classic!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Delphic, 10 Mar. 2013
Miss Tamang - See all my reviews
TQ
It was a very good copy apart from the cd case was slightly worn
Much appreciated though Thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Collections (MP3 Download)
Not as good as the first album, Acolyte, but then that first album was truly magnificent. Great to see them live though, and hopefully the third album will be better than the "tricky" second one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Treat it as a new album not a sequel, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Collections (Audio CD)
I don't know why people are giving this so many negative reviews. Ive been listening to this album for the past week and the more I listen the better its getting. Yeah its not the first album, in fact its nothing like it. But thats a good thing for me, its got some great tracks and is well worth the money just for those. play the the sun also rises loud and then Judge it for yourself!!!

Top tracks for me in order: The Sun Also Rises, Atlas, Changes, Baiya, Freedom Found, Dont let the dreamers take you away.

4.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 7 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Collections (Audio CD)
Really loved previous album but this is disappointing. Voice sometimes reminds me of muse , which doesn't help either !

4.0 out of 5 stars really pleasant surprise, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Collections (Audio CD)
I had been waiting for this album and was then put off by some of the reviews. However I went to see Delphic play in Cambridge and they and new music did not disappoint. I went out and bought the album straight away and loved it. It is great to see a band progress rather than just produce more of the same and I recommend you to try this album and also see them live. My only complaint is that the live performance really highlights the dance sound whilst the studio albums almost bring the vocal to the front too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Verging on Genius???, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Collections (MP3 Download)
I first came across Delphic at Delamere Forest where they were supporting Doves. The minute I heard them I was blown away. Tons of energy, well crafted tunes, and a fresh new sound that i'd not heard for years.

This new album I have to admit has taken quite a few listens before it's finally started to take root. It's not an extension of Alcolyte so you can forget about getting one. The songs are more down beat but very well constructed and I actually think these guys are verging on Genius status. The album isn't perfect in my eyes but deserves more than a '4' and the only tune that im not getting is 'Exotic'. I'm not even going to begin describing the album, however it deserves a lot of listens before casting judgement. Almost a masterpiece, and a very rerwarding listening experience for those willing to invest. Can't bloody wait to see these guys live again.

5.0 out of 5 stars IGNORE THE ONE STAR REVIEWS, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Collections (MP3 Download)
How anyone can give this album anything less than 3 stars is absolutely beyond me: from reading the 1 star reviews, the cries of dissent mainly come from sulkers who do not like the fact that Delphic's sophomore album is not a carbon copy of their debut. I'm not saying that everyone MUST love "collections" but to give it one star is plain spiteful - I suspect that if this was a debut album, the moaners wouldn't, well, moan so much.

Anyway, on to the album...

The production of "Collections" is clever and quite adventurous at times - "Tears Before Bedtime", playing like a haunting telephone conversation is a perfect example of this. The lyrical content of the album is thought-provoking, intelligent and sometimes even inspiring. Lines like "you cried wolf and got a wolf" are intriguing and make you want to listen to the songs closer to determine the singer's meaning. Vocals and harmonies are wonderful too. Nothing wrong with this album at all: in fact, I am immensely relieved that I gave this album a chance - I was almost put off by 3-star review, but decided to listen anyway.

Pssh, 5 stars from me and not to balance out the unfair 1 star reviews but because that's what it deserves!

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Collections (Audio CD)
Bought the first album on release 3 years ago and it was superb,I cannot believe the record company are happy with this one,BLAND,BLAND & BLAND :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Collections (Audio CD)
Loved the first album but after listening to this I'm left wondering if Delphic are looking for a way out of their record deal? This album is a perfect example of how to produce a record that will get you dropped by your label. It'll sell in very small numbers and end up in the bargain bin for 99p. How many times have we seen bands produce a promising debut album only to follow it up with something that fails to come any where close to their early work? Such a shame.

Collections