5.0 out of 5 stars The most important book I have ever read
This book, which I have now read 3 or 4 times has had a very deep effect on me. It is the most inspirational and motivational book I have ever read and as such felt compelled to write a review to urge you to purchase it.

If you are anything like me you will have the following feelings:
- urges to 'do your own thing'
- Hate answering to a person
-...
Published 9 months ago by E. A. Gonzalez

3.0 out of 5 stars Sales book
As much as I like the book because it makes you stop and think it is afterall a sale book, selling the author and his other books. There are some good personal challenges where he makes you stop and think about where you are, what you want to do and some methods to help you get some of the way there. If like me, you already have a fair amount of the answers then this book...
Published 15 months ago by Mike H

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST and most interesting book i've read on entrepreneurship, 30 April 2014
I bought this book on a whim after seeing it advertised below another book I was buying and upon reading the reviews I decided to give it a shot.
I am so glad I did, this has changed my whole outlook on life and my ambitions to become an entrepreneur have been backed up immensely by this book. I feel myself having a new found drive after reading this book. Thankyou Daniel Priestly.

I am near the end of finishing my dissertation on entrepreneurship and this book has given me a whole new outlook on the term entrepreneurship and has taught me more about it than all of the 'academic' books I've read on the subject whilst researching my dissertation.

I've never read a book more than once, but will be making exceptions for this one.

I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS BOOK ENOUGH! I'm forcing my GF to read it once I've read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take the leap..., 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Entrepreneur Revolution: How to develop your entrepreneurial mindset and start a business that works (Kindle Edition)
An ideal time to review this title would be to write it when I've setup my first company using all the practical and clearly written methods that's contained in this book and to highlight how it 'worked' for me. However, I couldn't wait because there is something at play with my mind here.

I believe, for the last 10 years, since I thought about setting up my own company, I've been lazy, inconsistent with ideas and unmotivated in doing so. That may sound self-deprecating but I do realise that the past is inconsequential and I can't wish to go back and pretend in my head it could have been any different if I only done this or that.

I can only go forward and realise that, with the absolute abundance of resources and technology that surrounds most of us, we have everything we may need to on a journey of self-discovery that will make us feel personally empowered, financially happy and more aligned with empathy to our fellow humans.

Yes, this book is inherently about setting up your own business. However, there is detail on how we live by the rules of industrial revolution and how we now live in an age where it's not just the few 'big thinkers' - the rockerfellas - that can make a meaningful contribution in this inevitable paradigm shift, but that anyone can; with an open mind, a sharp vision, access to technology, self-believe and motivation.

My opinion is that this book is not only designed to give you a pragmatic guide on start-ups but to help you realise the human boundaries that are now possible for most of us and how to expand your thinking so you are aligned to these possibilities.

The methods and associated points are clear and the importance of each is realised. It will show you where to start, how to progress and why you'll probably never want to retire if you take the leap. I guess for the moment I've came out feeling left out so now is my time to take the leap.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Break You've Been Waiting For., 13 Dec. 2014
Time's are constantly changing. Many are not settled or content with life's current norms or standards. The transition to the Entrepreneur revolution is NOW. Acknowledge that and start changing your life.

I've never written a review on anything before; I've never had a reason to or felt compelled to. But I can honestly say that this has been the best purchase of my life thus far.

I'm only 19 years old and I feel blessed to read this at such a young age. As a previous review said, this is not only a model for business but could quite as easily be a model for life. In fact, it is.

Everyone has passions, things they love. We're constantly shot down for having these passions and desires that step out of conformity:

"You can't do that"
"Be a doctor or a lawyer"
"That's ridiculous"
"Life doesn't work that way"
"Good luck doing that, MATE"

These responses are perfectly natural. We instinctively want to survive. Risks make us uncomfortable, make us feel unsafe. That is why sticking with the status quo is so much easier: it allows the emotional chimp inside us to remain at ease. Daniel shows ways on how to keep this little monkey (and reptile) at bay, so you can think in a way that can help you realise your potential and the opportunities that are right in front of you.

This book allows you to do what you love and live that "ideal" life we all have pictured in our heads. The hashtag "YOLO" really annoyed me when it first arrived (I was wanting to swear but I'm guessing it'll be against the guidelines). But my God, never has it ever been more true!

You have one life. There may be an afterlife, I don't know, but within this current one, we live and we die. Time is precious. Don't waste it. Use this book to change the way you think and kick your mind and life into the next gear. Capitalise on these new, exciting and changing times.

Join the Entrepreneur Revolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jam packed with inspirational ideas!, 25 Oct. 2013
This is the best book I have read about entrepreneurship. So, if you wish that you could make a living doing what you are passionate about, or you are already doing what you love, but you just can’t seem to earn as much money as you hoped then this is the book you need.

Some books are just a good read, and others tip your perspective of the world onto a new and different angle. The magic of this book is that it does both. Not only the ideas, but also the fantastic illustrations give you one after another “eureka” moment, as you read the book. Thoughts that you already had tumbling around in the back of your head come together and suddenly Daniel Priestley’s well-sculpted words make so much sense.

This book is jargon-free, it uses familiar and often British examples of success and it is easy to read but never patronising. It is so full of ideas, that having devoured it cover to cover, ridiculously, I couldn’t wait to start back at the beginning again to make sure I hadn’t missed anything. And I am already reading it for the second time. I loved it so much that I have already bought it as a gift for a friend who I know will love it too.

So if you haven’t read this book yet, I promise you that you will pick it up and wonder why not. I can’t recommend it highly enough – it is absolutely brilliant. Thank you Daniel Priestley!

5.0 out of 5 stars Entrepreneur Revolution is packed full of `how to' suggestions, 15 Jun. 2013
Daniel Priestley walks his talk, I enjoyed his first book titled 'Key Person of Influence'and this follow up Entrepreneur Revolution is packed full of 'how to' ideas and suggestions. I particularly liked his description of how the brain works. (see my blog)
The book will challenge the way you look at employment and gives you powerful ideas and step by step actions to take in order to become an Entrepreneur.
His training events and courses are packed full of value and in order to decide if you want to take his teachings further his company provide a discovery session, the proceeds from which go to charity. I attended his KPI event on 14th June 2013 in the UK and wrote about the event and this Entrepreneur Revolution book on my blog here: http://www.workstresstosuccess.com/key-person-of-influence-daniel-priestley/

I have watched Daniel's career evolve over the last 5 years and observed his kindness and patience with people. Daniel is an unassuming, lovely person.

I have a tremendous respect for his approach and business acumen. He is someone you can trust.

Daniel himself is a Key Person of Influence and in my opinion is someone worth being influenced by.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb -- a roadmap to fulfilling your business potential, 16 Feb. 2014
I bought this book for one reason -- the reviews, and it certainly didn't disappoint. Daniel speaks from a wealth of experience despite his young age, as someone who has tried and tested every tip many times over.

He covers many areas, but the focus is always on the building blocks of great 'global small businesses', or GSB'S, as Daniel puts it. He writes about the essentials and the glue that holds them all together. He sheds light on our basic decision making abilities and why most businesses never really hit that sweet spot: doing what you love, are good at and getting rewarded generously for it.

One of the things I appreciate most is that he doesn't include any content to pad the book out, he makes his point and then moves on, making it a very easy read. The other thing I really appreciate is the quality of the book itself. It is well designed and we'll built, an example of what a good book should be, which only goes to show that Daniel doesn't just write about his ideas, he puts them into practice.

This book has already provided a lot of value to me, I'll certainly be rereading to glean some more.

If you have any ambition to move into a new level of the entrepreneur revolution, check this book out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner, 28 Dec. 2013
After having read Key Person of Influence and been to one of Daniel's events, I bought this book as a Christmas present for my nephew in Hamburg who is in his last year of University and currently considering the corporate career ladder. After he had read just the first two chapters it already sparked a good discussion between us about how the world of entrepreneurship is a far more promising route for him to take. However, I then started to read the book myself and finished it in two days while I was in Germany, so he has yet to have the chance to read it again!

With the UK government recently announcing that 500,000 businesses were started last year, the Entrepreneur Revolution concisely and eloquently explores this trend and gives people some really important advice as they choose the world of self-employment and the satisfaction that you get from building your own business(es). Having only left the corporate world and employeedom behind a year ago, I find books like these to also be a great source of inspiration which help me be in absolutely no doubt that I am far better off now than I was beforehand.

5.0 out of 5 stars I read this in less than a day - couldn't put it down once I started!, 21 Oct. 2013
Having left my 'proper job' 2 years ago to establish my own business, I have spent this time doing what I am good at, what I really love doing, and making a good living. This book articulates exactly why I did this - and provided me with some additional food for thought about next steps to push myself even further in developing my innovative approach to consulting in the public sector. It also provided me with material to support a structured analysis of why I made some of the choices that I made, and helped me to really focus on how I can add even more value to my clients, and in doing so, maintain the balance between fun, value and business growth.

There are so many things I have taken away from Daniel's experience that I will be putting into practice.

I recommend this book to anyone who has established their own business, anyone considering doing so and even those who feel that a more 'traditional' career is for them - but prepare for some surprises. I will definitely be reading this book again in the next few days.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 19 July 2014
I love this book and athlough I'm not much of a reader I finished it just 3 days. I did his tasks and I can safely say it has completely changed my mindset! Great book for the entrepanuer

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if you want your business to really succeed., 31 Jan. 2015
Years ago there was the E Myth series, then there was The Four Hour Work Week. Now Daniel Priestley has brought the whole process up to date with the Entrepreneur Revolution. If you want to start a business and don't know how, read this book as it will save you so a lot of wasted time and effort. If you are in business and want to give it a boost, ditto. If you were in business and it didn't work, same again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›