4.0 out of 5 stars Product satisfactory and great customer service
Unfortunately none of the first three sachets worked for me despite following the instructions carefully.

I contacted Kefir company and they responded immediately offering either replacement or a full refund.

The response from the Company was quick and impressive. That's vitally important.

I elected the refund mainly because I have a need...
Published 19 months ago by Paul Cronk

2.0 out of 5 stars It's good to know that this Kefir is a powder-Kefir.
It's important to know that this Kefir is not the traditional Kefir. It's a powder that doesn't last for long time.
It wasn't clear in the advertisment.
Published 19 months ago by Monica

4.0 out of 5 stars Product satisfactory and great customer service, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Kefir Starter Cultures - 3 sachets for up to 100 liters of Kefir - Highest quality (Kitchen & Home)

I elected the refund mainly because I have a need to get the kefir going quickly.

Nevertheless the company also offered me a free replacement pack. I will try these on arrival and if the product works this time I will come back and re-rate it here. Certainly the company responsiveness to customers is impressive and I am happy to try another batch.

POSTSCRIPT: The free replacements arrived and I have successfully prepared the first batch. Unless the original batch was actually duff, which I now doubt, I think the problem was twofold (1) I took the words "room temperature" at face value, but later success was in a warmer room (2) I first tried it with sterilised goats milk. In fact another starter from elsewhere also failed on that. However, using fresh unpasteurised, unsterilised (boiled) goats milk we are in business. SO I AM OK WITH THE PRODUCT AND DELIGHTED AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 21 Aug 2013
As a child I used to drink kefir almost daily - I grew up in Russia and I know what good kefir should taste like. My first order arrived quite fast and once I prepare first batch I knew I would order again. Quality is excellent and I already ordered second pack (which is arrived even faster then first one). Just a small tip - kefir may naturally be a bit "lumpy" (not a problem, I just prefer a smooth drink) and if you give it a good shake before you drink all lumps will disappear.

4.0 out of 5 stars KEFIR, 18 Feb 2013
M. A. Jones - See all my reviews
This is the first time I have tried this and although the taste was as expected the consistancy could have been thicker, maybe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so far, 3 Mar 2014
First batch was quite a bit thicker than subsequent ones, but it still seems to be fine. Have been experimenting with other 'milks' as I prefer not to drink too much diary. Coconut milk is delicious, as is almond, yet to try soya or the other nut milks but see no reason to be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 6 Oct 2014
I have discovered the benefits of Kefir in the last few months, and have ordered several times from this company.

Personally, I have noticed some definite improvements to my overall health and well-being since taking this product. It does require preparation at room temperature, which surprised me at first; I wanted to put it in the fridge. But as others have stated, just follow the instructions and it is very simple to prepare in either 24 or 48 hours. I haven't quite got 100 litres of use out of the 3 sachets, simply because I prefer the kefir to be a fraction thicker and the last few batches can become thin and a little watery. However this is purely my own preference.

Would recommend the product and the company, who have thus far provided excellent service. At approx. £5 per sachet, it provides fantastic value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Kefir, 21 May 2013
I love this product, it was really easy to make and my digestion has improved so much from taking this. I highly recommend this product to others.The Kefir Company Starter Cultures - Highest quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Feb 2013
Omar (Belo Horizonte - Brazil) - See all my reviews
Great product. Arrived on time and well packaged. I'm now preparing delicious kefir eveyday. Fantastic product. Will by agaim. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, performs exactly as expected, 14 Aug 2013
Jonathan Eyal (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Not sure why other users encountered any difficulty with this product; it does exactly what it says, by producing delicious kefir within 48 or 24 hours, depending on the "maturity" of the culture. Just make sure to follow the detailed instructions and leave the rest to nature. Just a bit disappointing that the mailing of the products is from overseas, and that the time-lag between order and delivery tends to be rather long.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kefir Company - starter cultures, 10 April 2014
Having bought kefir from my health shop, quite expensive, I decided to try and make it myself. Culture arrived and I read the instructions, I made my first batch with semi-skimmed milk so it was a bit runny more like a drink than a yogurt. From this batch I added 3 tablespoons of culture to full cream milk ( the milk must be room temperature) and this batch was firmer. I use large parfait jars with lids to make the product. The taste is fanastic whether it is runny or firm. I am on my third batch and will eventually try with goats milk and coconut milk. I do add a bit of runny honey somethings. All in all a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good..., 4 Oct 2014
I wa doing a little research about crohns disease of which I have had for that past 5 years and was looking for a product that would help with my general health and wellbeing. . I have been taking kefir for the past few months and although I think I did take a little too much when I started which did give me headaches. I now have it sorted and I feel it really helps with my overall health. The only thing would be a little information maybe on how much to take and maybe some recipe ideas. And also to be aware of clean steralises jars otherwise it might not set properly.. But I would highly recommend this product.