5.0 out of 5 stars Old School but with a fresh new, twist!
Ever since the original Marvel UK comic series of Transformers came to a close in 1991, I always dreamed what could have been should it ever continue. Well now I don't have to dream any longer!
Published 21 months ago by Drew.B.

3.0 out of 5 stars A great relaunch let down by the formatting.
The title says it all really - Got this for my Kindle HD during the recent sale but have found the page formatting a real pain.

Published 18 months ago by Gary Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School but with a fresh new, twist!, 28 Mar 2013
Volume 1 of Regeneration One reunites original writer, Simon Furman and artist, Andrew Wildman back to the fold as they set about giving the series the closure that it deserved; and i have to say, although they recapped enough of the original story to bring you up to speed, they come out of the gate wiith all guns blazing and propelling us on as if no time had passed at all
I look forward to reading more of this series and the future volumes to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Long overdue return to the original Transformers story, 29 Jan 2013
Exodus Prime! (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Yes! After over two decades, the orignal story of the Transformers (which was first published in the 1980's/90's) returns! It's been a long wait. As a massive fan of the orignal comic (it was pretty much all I read when I was growing up), I was overjoyed to hear of its comeback - and with the original creative team too!
Just got my copy today, and even though I've been buying the single issues of this comic every month I read it straight away. It reads great in trade form (perhaps even better than in single issues), and the story builds nicely. There's lots going on in this first stork ark (sic) and plenty of surprises.
The art (from original artist Andrew Wildman) is great, and the vivid colouring (by newcomer John-Paul Bove) is also excellent, giving the book a very distinctive and fresh look. The art somehow manages to be retro, yet relevant, and took me by surprise when I picked up the first issue (well, issue 80.5 - given away on Free Comic Book Day, which is also thankfully included here). My only slight quibble with the art is that sometimes I struggle to get a feel for the environment, but that doesn't affect my enjoyment at all. Credit should also go to inker Stephen Baskerville, who's thick linework looks amazing.
It's great that all the covers from the series are included throughout this book (by Andrew, Guido Guidi and the excellent Geoff Senior - my personal favourite Transformers artist of all time). There's also a nice tribute page to one of the fallen Transformers at the end of the book, which came as a nice bonus.
If you were a fan of the original series, this book is much more than a trip down memory lane. I'd definitely recommend picking this up, and hopefully newer readers will also give this a chance. It was almost impossible for Regeneration One to live up to my sky-high hopes, but it has started well, and I can't wait to see where the story will take these characters next...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Original and Still the Best!, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Transformers: Regeneration Vol. 1 (Kindle Edition)
Continuing from where the story abruptly ended 20 years ago, this picks up the original story with the original art team.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the original marvel uk comic, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Transformers: Regeneration Vol. 1 (Kindle Edition)
I was a huge fan of the marvel uk comic and was gutted when it ended as the stories were amazing . I enjoyed every page of this collection and it took me back to a Saturday morning when I used to sit and read my weekly dose of transformers. This is a must for any reader of the marvel uk series and anybody who is a transformers fan. The art is at the same high level as the old comics and the story is gripping. I'm off now to download the next part!

4.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Transformers: Regeneration Vol. 1 (Kindle Edition)
Terrific return to form from Guantanamo co continuing on the old original marvel series. Feel captured perfectly with plenty interesting plots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible book! I have waited soooooooooooooooo long for the ..., 4 Sep 2014
Incredible book ! I have waited soooooooooooooooo long for the re-birth of G1.
Took me right back to being a kid , and rushing to my local paper shop to get the latest comic !

3.0 out of 5 stars A great relaunch let down by the formatting., 10 Jun 2013
Gary Phillips (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers: Regeneration Vol. 1 (Kindle Edition)

The panel enlarge feature doesn't add anything significant to the size of the text so you struggle to read what is happening, especially on the pages with large panels. Also as you can't view this graphic novel via the Kindle PC app (well mine says "no") you can't even view it on a larger screen to compensate for the tiny text.

I have the individuals issues of this and I will certainly be reading those in the future rather than struggle with the Kindle version.

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't tell you whether this was any good..., 31 July 2014
Ag Samson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers: Regeneration Vol. 1 (Kindle Edition)
...because the formatting on the Kindle was shocking.

I admit, 21 years have gone by and I have aged, but the tiny font and the lack of zoom on the panels led me to give up.

Disappointing because I liked this stuff when I was a kid and I was really looking forward to a trip down memory lane. All I got was a trip to the optician.

1.0 out of 5 stars A loving reminder...of why Generation One was cancelled., 15 Mar 2013
Going back to the days of Generation One circa 1990, this picks up right were Simon Furman left Transformers. Heroes that agonise rather than being heroic; mythic, but silly plots and a high body count for seemingly no good reason. The tale starts off well with some nice cameos and references, but soon degenerates into Furman's worst excesses of angst, rubbish human characters, and contrived conflict against authority. Oh, and of course the reappearance of Galvatron. Reading this, it's easy to see why the readership sharply declined back in the day, and the comic unceremoniously killed off.

All of this is perfectly "complimented" by the frankly god-awful art that makes the robots look bendy and flaky, with a never ending series of constipated facial expressions. Andrew Wildman shows us that his style in the 90's was no fluke- he really CAN'T draw. But at least the colouring in this mess is top-notch. Something went right, I suppose...

If, like me, you were a fan of the old style generation one- boxy yet sleek robots, straightforward action with satisfying characters- you probably won't enjoy this. It's honestly even worse than the silly stuff the last few issues of G1 threw at us- this Regeneration One actually makes the oft-maligned "Transformers: Generation 2" look like a masterpiece.

Transformers: Regeneration Vol. 1