5.0 out of 5 stars Another McCarthy man worth waiting for...
Marie Force has done it again in treating us to another wonderful instalment to the Gansett Island series. When you think you can't possibly love a McCarthy brother any more, along comes another one who is completely irresistible in every way and steals your heart.

Published on 18 Feb. 2013 by Nicola_1202

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good
I have read the other seven books in this series and haven't been disappointed until this one. It feels to rushed and disjointed compared to the others. all in all it's OK but not as good
Published on 21 Feb. 2013 by Lornajh0

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another McCarthy man worth waiting for..., 18 Feb. 2013
Nicola_1202 (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Waiting for Love (McCarthys of Gansett Island Series, Book 8) (Kindle Edition)

Whilst focussing on Adam McCarthy and Abby Callahan, both of whom are fabulous endearing characters, the lives of all the Gansett residents, who we have grown to love like family, continue to evolve taking us on a journey filled with every possible emotion. The aftermath of the sailboat disaster in Longing For Love plays a huge part in this book and brought some truly heart-wrenching moments when I actually wanted to delve into the book and take away Grant, Mac, Evan and Dan's pain. But the heart-wrenching moments are perfectly balanced with laugh-out-loud humour and fabulous steamy moments making for a book that I couldn't put down. If I could dish out more than 5 stars, I happily would.

I can't recommend reading Waiting for Love highly enough. I absolutely loved every single page and look forward to our next visit to Gansett Island.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 May 2013
Absolutely loved the eight series books of Gansett Island, they keep you on your toes and are so lovely to read. Can't wait for the next book

5.0 out of 5 stars McCARTHYS, 10 May 2013
THESE BOOKS WERE A REALLY GREAT READ. THIS IS WHAT I CALL EASY READING.
JUST BRILLIANT. JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth waiting for, 19 Feb. 2013
Again this book had everything you could wish for. It amazes me how when you start reading you feel as though you know each character personally. I do not want to give away to much for any reader that has never read a McCarthy's of Gansett Island book. If you have never read one please start now from book one and you will be hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars The McCarthy, 19 Feb. 2013
Thoughly enjoyed this series of books can not wait for next instalment! When will it be available? Like that you get yo know what is happening to previous characters

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 29 May 2014
Very good book I couldn't put it down, I would tell other people to read it if asked what good books to read :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow wow wow, 29 May 2014
I love this series so much, so much going on with everyone, can't be anymore happier that Owen is going to be a daddy again, poor grant n what he went through for his best mate Dan, trying to save himself , saving Dan n losing the other guy.. I suspect now things will settle down for mist of them, janey baby due so can't wait for that, roll on the next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too much., 24 April 2014
I love this series, hand on heart love it. But this was the only book I was slightly disappointed with.
I just felt like the book wasn't Adam and Abby and was more about everyone else who's stories had been written so far.
I love the fact that Marie brings the other characters from the previous books in occasionally so you can keep up with them (a lot of other series don't do this) but for me in this book it was just too much.
I really struggled to connect with Adam and Abby on their own and so found it even harder to connect to them as a couple.
And as usual though it was really well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gansett island, 13 April 2014
This story is wonderful, this series just gets better and better, fabulous characters and a great storyline. Can't wait for the next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Voodoo overdose, 12 April 2014
As a rule I like the way this series of books is written as a kind of literary soap so all of the characters are constantly present. In this case I felt that hearing about 'voodoo Mama' (a character I freely admit that I can't stand. If there is a novel where she finally learns not to judge or gossip I'll be a happy girl) detracted from the main story of Abby and Adam both of whom I liked. I do like the series though and recommend it to my friends and family

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›