Published 18 months ago by Tommy Dooley

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for a few sessions!
Published 4 months ago by S. Dale

4.0 out of 5 stars Initially a Brilliant Pair of Swim Goggles, then fogging occurs, 28 July 2013
Tommy Dooley (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I do a fair bit of swimming, at least twice a week and spend over an hour in the pool on each visit and over the years I have gotten through a fair number of goggles, wear and tear and loss etc. I was currently on my umpteenth pair of Speedo's as they are always reliable, but I have tried other brands such as Maru, but these are my first Zoggs, and I think I may be a convert.

They claim a number of firsts with these. They have `curved lens technology' so that you retain peripheral vision, and yes they do and yes you can. They have photochromatic lens' so that they tint in strong light and have UV protection, and once again I agree it actually works. The seal is `softseal' which moulds to the contours of your face and yes they do but also they make a really water tight seal without having to overly tighten the head strap, so you stop noticing that you are wearing them after a while as they seem a bit effortless. This is combined with what they call a 4 `flexpoint' technology for a comfy fit, and as I just pointed out - yes it really does work. They are also dead easy to adjust, I actually broke a pair once that were awkward to adjust, so this is always welcomed.

Then the last one that being the claim that they are anti fog; well I have had three pairs claim the same thing and they have all let me down, some staying fog free for mere seconds, others lasting minutes. Well after two weeks plus of using these, they have not fogged up once. I even wore them in the steam room to see if they would cloud up, well the lenses fogged on the outside, but not on the inside, so all I can say is I am well impressed. The name is a bit on the' oh dear' side calling them `Predator' but hey what's in a name?

The colour design may not be to everybody's taste, but they do stand out and I think look rather good. They also come in a little case to avoid scratching in transit. All in all an excellent pair of swim goggles that should enhance your swimming experience for the better.

EDIT: After some 4 weeks plus of using these, yesterday they steamed or fogged up and I did nothing different whilst using them. I let them clear and they carried on doing it, so I have now taken off a star. I will continue to see how they perform and report back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great goggles!, 22 July 2013
Troy Tempest - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These goggles are really easy to adjust and within seconds I had the correct fit. The goggles seemed to distort my vision ever so slightly when I first put them on but I think that may be due to them being photo chromatic lenses and this seemed less noticeable as I got used to wearing them. It wasn't the sunniest of days but they definitely reduced some of the glare. I look forward to using them when I am on holiday and the sun is shining much more! Once in the pool the goggles stayed on well, were comfortable to wear and did not let in any water, even when I dived underwater. After I had finished my swim I gave them a rinse and a quick dry and put them back into the handy case, it's very sturdy and will protect them well. I have deducted a point only because the instructions suggest that the nose bridge can be adjusted but this is not the case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but a good goggle, 23 Nov. 2013
Richard Teh (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zoggs Predator Flex Reactor Swimming Goggles (Sports)
I swim a fair bit and race in triathlons. I wanted something that would give me good vision both indoors and for openwater swimming. My face shape doesnt suit many of the "triathlon specific" designs. The goggle are comfortable, leak free, dont fog ( not yet anyway ) and offer good peripheral vision with the benefit of photoreactive lenses. They even come in a nice case to keep these rather expensive pair of goggles safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of goggles, 17 Aug. 2013
S. Greig (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have taken these swimming a few times now to test them out and I am pretty happy with them. Starting from the beginning:

1) They come with a hard case so as not to damage them in your bag. The case is pretty big compared to the goggles but it does the job.
2) Adjustment was easy, it took me less than a minute to get them comfortable and waterproof. They feel very secure when fitted.
3) When you wear them they kind of sucker onto your eye sockets which creates a very secure seal - I wear contact lenses so feel very comfortable that they won't leak - after about half an hour I did find them a bit tight but haven't got round to loosening them a notch or so yet
4) They did fog up the first time I wore them but didn't the second time so maybe they needed to bed in a little
5) Vision is excellent with a good range of view
6) I only tried them indoor swimming so didn't test the darkening effect. I guest in the UK that 95% of swimming is not going to happen in the sun so maybe not a massive selling point in the UK!
7) For an extreme test I wore the goggles under an aqua massaging waterfall at a local spa and they stayed water tight - I also wore them in my power shower at home and again they stayed watertight with the shower on maximum :-)

On the whole pretty happy. A solid pair of goggles but perhaps a tad on the expensive side to warrant five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great goggles, 30 July 2013
David A. Nash "Nash aka Taker" (Chesterfield) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Comfortable to wear even with my huge head (60cm) the seal on my eyes seems perfect and the modern look and feel is amazing. The goggles also seem quite streamline which may also be important to some. They remind me a little of the yellow goggles I (and many others) had as a child, very comfortable but not as bulky. I haven't used them for swimming yet but off to Center Parcs before the end of the week, I'll keep you updated.

Whilst on holiday I used them everyday they are comfortable and a great water seal, if you get kicked in the eye on the rapids, the suction can feel like it's going to pull your eyeball mind!

The reactor glass is pretty good in direct sunlight but not much protection from the blaze of the sun. I did notice the glass going darker whilst in the outside pool, however they stayed clear in the glass dome which was a little disappointing.

I would still give them 5 stars due to their comfort and seal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for a few sessions!, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Zoggs Predator Flex Reactor Swimming Goggles (Sports)
I got these as i do indoor and outdoor swimming and thought it would be great to have one pair of goggles for both. Unfortunately I have had to send two pairs back now due to excessive fogging up. At this price i did expect them not too, having had other brands that do fog up but not to the extent i have experienced with these.bit of a shame,having said that they are comfortable and the reactive lens works well and quickly. I just feel at this price the excessive fogging up is not worth it as i can only do around 50 meters before i cant see at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT MY FAVOURITE ZOG, 18 Dec. 2014
Mr. Steven A. Rudd (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zoggs Predator Flex Reactor Swimming Goggles (Sports)
THE REACT TO LIGHT FEATURE IS NOT GREAT. IN CYPRUS I PREFER MY REGULAR POLARISED ZOGGS BECAUSE THE SUN IS SO BRIGHT. INSIDE THEY ARE OK. BEARING IN MIND THE PRICE I RECOMMEND GETTING A PAIR OF POLARISED FOR OUTSIDE SUNNY USE AND A CLEAR PAIR FOR INDOOR OR CLOUDY DAY USE OUTSIDE. I HAVE MANY PAIRS OF ZOGGS AND I WOULD PREFER IT TO ANY OTHER BRAND THOUGH

5.0 out of 5 stars The best goggles ever!!, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Zoggs Predator Flex Reactor Swimming Goggles (Sports)
I swam The English Channel in these!! After 12 hours and 46 minutes they did not leak, I didn't have any pain around the eyes. The best goggles!!! Sadly I won't be ordering again because without European Free Super Saver delivery, no thanks'

5.0 out of 5 stars zoggs predatergoggles, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Zoggs Predator Flex Reactor Swimming Goggles (Sports)
top rank, top vision,no misting,i am really impressed with the product.i would re
commend these goggles to everyone,really good value

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Zoggs Predator Flex Reactor Swimming Goggles (Sports)
Goggle lenses change tint depending on how bright it is. Fit well - very comfortable. I'd recommend to any swimmer.