5.0 out of 5 stars fan tas tic!
Published on 17 Mar. 2013 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and bad
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars fan tas tic!, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Onda V812 8" IPS III Allwinner A31 Quad core RAM 2GB DDR3 ROM 16GB Android 4.1 camera 5.0MP HDMI OTG, Free Screen Protector+8GB TF Card
I have owned lots oc different types of android tablets. I stil have an array of 2 chinese 7" tabs I use as book readers, and one 10" motorola xoom which is fantastic. Then I got an onda v812 8" tablet. Within 3 weeks I had given the xoom to my wife and use the Onda V812 full time except as a reader.. its lightning fast, pinpoint sharp. I loveit and with its quad core processor and 8 core video processor it will be even with this geeky bloke for a good while. Get one a nd smile!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and bad, 26 May 2013
Not bad after tweaking. Can freeze sometimes while web browsing. If you keep your the cache clear it is not so noticeable. Games work very well on this, have never noticed any problems there. Boat browser and Easy browser seem to work faster than stock. I use Nova Launcher which seems a bit faster than the stock launcher. The quad core cpu kicks in well during gameplay but is not so good while multi tasking. All in all its pretty decent after tweaking but a bit lacking in some areas and certainly not as fantastic as the first reviewer says. Maybe if all you do is read eBooks.
Battery life is not great but its not dreadful either. Expect to plug in 2+ times a day if you use it regular and even more if you multi task or play games.

6 months earlier I bought a Ployer momo8 ips 1.6ghz dual core tablet. My wife stepped on it and cracked the screen. The Onda v812 does not seem any faster than that one while multi tasking but in gameplay it definately seems a bit faster.
Maybe with new firmware it will get better as its still quite early days for the A31 quad core processor in the Onda v812.

My advice would be go for a tablet with the mtk6859 quad core processor. I recently purchased a phone with this processor and it is blazingly fast with everything I can throw at it. For the moment at least the Allwinner A31 does not quite seem up to the task as I've said things could improve with new firmware.